Will a 33t sprocket hit the copings on ramps?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/9/2013 1:18 PM

I am getting a GT Air 2012, and the sprocket size is 33t....dont say dont get it my parents will NOT change there mind, and im only starting out!Thanks!

|

7/9/2013 1:23 PM

dont get it

just kidding, probably not. All sprockets were around that size a while ago and those riders aired just fine

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

7/9/2013 1:29 PM

It depends what you want to do with it.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

7/9/2013 1:34 PM

Haha!And just to really go down ramps and hopefully air out!like i have said, this is only a beginner bike until i get better and get a more advanced and better bike,

|

7/9/2013 2:07 PM

Dude, we used to rock 44T back in the day. I think you'll clear.

Photo
Eddie Fiola is still King!

|

7/9/2013 10:58 PM

Yeah just go in on angle and not straight in. Everyone does it regardless of sprocket size. Even my 28t hits when I go straight in on 5ft+ ramps.

|

7/9/2013 11:11 PM

even the smallet sprocket will hit on a big enough ramp. just hop in rather than rolling in.

|

7/9/2013 11:59 PM

Just test roll before you roll in on new 1/4's.

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

7/10/2013 9:08 AM

Ok thanks!And i got an email saying i have gotten the bike!:D Just gotta wait for the letter to come through the post and as soon as it comes i can go to the store and grab it!

|

7/10/2013 12:13 PM

Its all depends out your Bottom bracket height, my friend has a BTM, big bottom bracket height, rides a 33-10, never hits the coping. and i love the big sprocket look.

|

7/11/2013 8:54 AM

Rath wrote:

Its all depends out your Bottom bracket height, my friend has a BTM, big bottom bracket height, rides a 33-10, never hits the coping. and i love the big sprocket look.

The BTM has a really low Bottom Bracket Height.

|

7/11/2013 1:29 PM

Thanks, gonna learn how to roll in or whatever you wanna call it anyway

|

7/12/2013 12:05 PM

Rath wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

No it does not , have a low bb height , if you was to look at every spec of it youll see but it has a high bb , Friend has it, and rides a 33t never hits the coping.

|

7/12/2013 12:35 PM

Rath wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

Rath wrote:

No it does not , have a low bb height , if you was to look at every spec of it youll see but it has a high bb , Friend has it, and rides a 33t never hits the coping.

It has a 11.5 BB, and I challenge you to find a non-racing 20" Frame with a lower BB height.

|