Will it snap? (New Frame)

Related:
Create New Tag

12/12/2017 12:14 PM

Need a new frame for my bike, mainly ride park but street from time to time. I also ride with a break and this frame come with the brake kit that hides in the headtube!

I was looking at the KHE strike down:
https://www.khebikes.com/en/bmx-parts/frame/2043/khe-strikedown-frameset-j5

Will it break on a box jump or ledge drop? just wondering I am only 50Kg and 5"8 (Chicken Legs)

I know I'm a bit of a weight weenie but a light frame should help me pull tricks with a small stature!

Thanks for any replies,

|

12/12/2017 12:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/12/2017 12:22 PM

Everything has a breaking point, so I'm sure it will eventually, but I don't think it will for awhile...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

12/12/2017 12:36 PM

Leem798 wrote:

Need a new frame for my bike, mainly ride park but street from time to time. I also ride with a break and this frame come with the brake kit that hides in the headtube!

Will it break on a box jump or ledge drop? just wondering I am only 50Kg and 5"8 (Chicken Legs)

I know I'm a bit of a weight weenie but a light frame should help me pull tricks with a small stature!

Thanks for any replies,

Thats a cool frame! I think youll be set.

|

12/12/2017 12:49 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Everything has a breaking point, so I'm sure it will eventually, but I don't think it will for awhile...

This. One day it might break, but givin your light weight you should be fine for now. Just don't go doing anything to big...

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

12/12/2017 1:00 PM

Leem798 wrote:

Thanks for any replies,

Weight has nothing to do with your ability to ride. Technique is key for everything. I can hop on a 45lb bike and a 20-some

|

12/12/2017 1:04 PM

I don't speak Commie-meters, so I had to translate what 50kg is to lbs.

You weigh 110lbs.

My left leg weighs 112lbs.

You're gonna be fine.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

12/12/2017 2:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/12/2017 2:52 PM

Yeah... That bike will be fine. Especially at your weight. It's pretty badass, if I do say so myself! Go for it!

|

12/12/2017 4:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/12/2017 4:32 PM

I don't like the welds. This time of year is great for sales. You can find $350 frames for $150. I'd keep searching, because if that's the welds they use to advertise the frame, you know the others look much worse. Get something American, or a Sunday, or something cooler. I'm sure it will hold up fine. I just don't think it's a great deal. I've seen a lot better I'd spend 200 on personally.

|

12/12/2017 6:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/12/2017 6:50 PM

My bike is a solid 30lbs (midschool build is closer to 40) and i'm 3 inches shorter than you, and a little heavier. I still rip. The geo of a bike matters more, trust me.

Edit: Yikes those are some bubblegum welds. OP you get what you pay for

|

12/12/2017 7:36 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

I don't speak Commie-meters, so I had to translate what 50kg is to lbs.

You weigh 110lbs.

My left leg weighs 112lbs.

You're gonna be fine.

Nig please. Metric is logic.

|

12/12/2017 8:46 PM

You'll be well off on that.

Like Honda said, though, nothing lasts forever when it comes to bike parts.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

12/13/2017 6:41 AM

jbales wrote:

Nig please. Metric is logic.

I'm just being a dick. Metric makes way more sense. After having several German cars I'm beginning to think in metric more and more.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

12/13/2017 6:43 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

I'm just being a dick. Metric makes way more sense. After having several German cars I'm beginning to think in metric more and more.

S’what I thought. Lol

|