Will the interlock supreme chain fit on a guard sprocket?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/18/2017 10:55 PM

Okay I have had the interlock supreme chain about a year, and it's the best chain I've owned by far! But will it fit on a guard sprocket?

|

1/19/2017 12:00 AM

Yes it will most likely, I'm running one on the fit key guard sprocket and it fits for me. What sprocket are you asking if it fits on?

|

1/19/2017 6:46 AM

I know someone running an odyssey la guardia sproket with the supreme chain and it works. The odyssey guard sprocket doesn't have much room for chains either so I think if it fits in that it will fit in any sproket

|

1/19/2017 8:33 AM

I was looking for one when I build a new bike. Brand doesn't matter to me on sprockets. That answered my question though thanks

|

1/19/2017 4:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/19/2017 4:52 PM

Why even bother with a guarded sprocket with that chain? Seems like unnecessary weight, and more of a chance of getting hung up on tricks. I doubt your gonna break it, and if you do it's free right? Isn't that the point of the chain, so you don't need a guard? Doesn't look like it would fit, but idk. Seems overkill anyway.

|

1/19/2017 8:56 PM

Best thing to do is contact both companies of chain and sprocket brand and ask them if such and such will fit, it will be a guaranteed answer then.

|

1/20/2017 6:33 AM

I run a La Guardia and Supreme chain and it clears just fine..... unless you were to bent your sprocket some way or another.

|

Fo' pegs or no pegs

1/20/2017 2:59 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

Why even bother with a guarded sprocket with that chain? Seems like unnecessary weight, and more of a chance of getting hung ...more

some of us like to do sprocket bashes and sprocket grinds.

love doing sprocket feebles down ledges & disasters to 180 out. try it on none guarded sprocket and it will just blow the chain apart.

Photo

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

1/20/2017 3:50 PM

And plus guarded sprockets don't bend as easy so people who bash it off stuff, need the thicker guard to protect the sprocket. At one point last year I went through 2 sprockets in 2 weeks because I bashed it off of stuff. After buying a guard sprocket, I haven't bent a sprocket since.

|

1/21/2017 2:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2017 8:01 PM

RIDEboarder wrote:

And plus guarded sprockets don't bend as easy so people who bash it off stuff, need the thicker guard to protect the sprocket. ...more

That makes sense about bending, but bashing it is not an issue. Have you seen the chain? You can bash the shit out of that chain, and it's not gonna break for a long time, if ever. I used to use one of those 415h chains bitd, and I used to grind on my chain all the time with no guard. We used to to actual sprocket grinds and stalls. I never broke that chain. I also didn't weigh much, but that chain was crazy thick.

|