Will this cause a problem?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/11/2014 8:23 PM

So I just put a brand new GLH on and when I started to inflate it close to desired PSI the side wall was bubbling out a little bit. I deflated it and inspected the tire to find a little section of the bead separated. Will this cause a blowout? It was clearly enough for me to notice with it inflated...Photo

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

6/11/2014 9:29 PM

If the side wall is pushing outward, yes. I wouldn't trust that. Contact whoever you bought or ordered this from and tell them what happened and see what they can do.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

6/11/2014 10:00 PM

I would return them, looks like a defective product.

|

6/12/2014 6:26 AM

Yeah, make them send you a new one!

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

6/12/2014 7:43 AM

It isn't supposed to do that, looks like a factory defect.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

6/12/2014 8:21 AM

Return it, it's happened to me

|

Text For Faster Response (727) 218 4305
Follow Me On Instagram - @Marcog_727
Refs–
Sold : Mrhavoc1988, Skubasteve, Joe_Martinez, -Havok-
Bought : ii Krxfted, Tomdon, SnM An1mal, ScramHype, Ecuadevil, TheHorrorContract
Traded : Wolfen, Kevin_Burnett, The_Bmxist, Wilberto_Mora, Mobking, Joe_Martinez

6/12/2014 12:19 PM

If the bead is hanging out, its messed up. Im sure you could ride it for a bit, but it would be pointless.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

6/12/2014 4:16 PM

Damn...
Got another one on the way from Animal (it's a one-day ship so I'll have it in time to ride this weekend) and I guess I'm gonna exchange the defective one with Dan's. Don't need another midnight blowout scaring the shit out of me.

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.

6/12/2014 7:07 PM

Are you installing tires with a makeshift tire lever, such as a butter knife or screwdriver

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

6/12/2014 7:25 PM

Effting wrote:

Are you installing tires with a makeshift tire lever, such as a butter knife or screwdriver

All I had was a chisel so I wrapped it in electrical tape and used that. No way that caused the problem though...

...just kidding. I use my hands as far as I can then use plastic tire levers for the last little bit. When I took the tire back off there's a few inch long strip of the bead that's half missing where that split was. Not sure how I didn't notice on installation but I inspected for any type of residue or remnants that would imply I somehow ripped off a chunk installing it and none was to be found. I always wanna make sure it's not my fault before I exchange parts!

|

My Ride
My Other Ride

6/12/2014 7:44 PM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

All I had was a chisel so I wrapped it in electrical tape and used that. No way that caused the problem though...

...more

More people need to be like you and take accountability haha. Also, did you order another GLH? Cause those are arguably some of the best tires out there

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

6/12/2014 8:50 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

More people need to be like you and take accountability haha. Also, did you order another GLH? Cause those are arguably some ...more

Yeah I got another GLH. Defects happen. No big deal. Animal rules and this is the first issue I've ever had with anything of theirs after years of dealing with them

|

My Ride
My Other Ride