Winter Riding

Related:
Create New Tag

12/20/2012 3:18 PM

So who else is out there thuggin it in frigid temperatures? This is my first winter putting in work and I'm preparing myself for next month when its even colder. I have always hated winter and never made much progress in street riding cause I always took the whole season off and coming back in spring was like starting over again. Riding 4 miles to the skatepark gets me pretty warmed up and ready to hit the grind box. I'm liking the fact that the cold has flushed out the lil scooter kids but its still crowded with skaters. Still good to see only the serious parkrats doing their thing. I feel like the cold holds me back slightly and I feel a lil stiff on my bike but once I get in a zone, it feels like springtime under my hoodie and flannel. That is, until I run out of breath and stop moving. Overall, the work I'm putting in now is keeping me focused and I'm gonna have so much fun hitting the streets in the spring.

|

12/20/2012 3:36 PM

When i get the chance i go riding on weekends my only concern is cold hands
Same here with the scooter kids, there's not a lot of guys, like last time we were 5 (2 bmx, 3 skaters) and it was still pretty cool
At one point we ended up fucking around imitating the dumbest questions we got from scooter kids
I snapped my chain after a few ours and just kept on fucking around doing infinite fakies, soo fun
But yeah where i live now (germany) there's always snow zoo it's impossible to ride

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

12/20/2012 3:47 PM

50 mph gusts, 8 degree wind chills, ice, and snow. Sounds like awesome riding weather.

Ohio, fuck yeah!

|

12/20/2012 3:49 PM

Been real lucky so far, only a couple of days that I would consider cold. Just chilly,which is good riding weather.

|

Refs~ scamhype x 3, pikachu, kroller, Ivan, kingcitybikeco, powerhouse, and traded w/ Jr Faw &Kevin Burnette
Sold 24" complete to some kid on here Chris....something I think.

12/20/2012 3:54 PM

Gloves are a must for me. The other riders at the park were barehanded but I'm not that gnarly yet. We havent had a snowstorm since last month but they will be coming so I'm getting all the practice I can. Once it gets too bad out, I'll be in the house doing calisthenics and Wii Fit

|

12/20/2012 5:21 PM

as long as its not raining/snowing/hailing im out there... i ussually ride in my driveway on my rail... but like this weekend im going to check out a new skatepark that opened(outdoor)... but overall once you get going its fine...

|

I have nothing against pegs at all, I don’t think you’re dumb if you ride pegs, I don’t care about your pegs, they are just pegs! What I do hate is the fact that every person in BMX hops on this bandwagon of three pegs, and beanies, and weed, and hop-over grinds… It’s just sad that the pros who influence kids are more worried about looking cool than the kids themselves! It’s crazy!-Trey Jones

12/20/2012 5:44 PM

ac~handley wrote:

Been real lucky so far, only a couple of days that I would consider cold. Just chilly,which is good riding weather.

Just realized you were in NC. How far are you from, from Charlotte? But yeah, its been really nice to ride. It's supposed to change starting today though. I really hope not though. My friend is pissed too. He just got his reaper 7, and coudnlt ride it. Should I do a check for it?

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844