Winter downtime

Related:
Create New Tag

10/18/2017 5:04 PM

What do you riders with snowy areas do in the winter while you aren’t riding indoors to pass the time ? I just bought a GameCube with mat Hoffman 2 Dave mirra 2 and American wasteland , hoping it makes winter more chill

|

10/18/2017 5:10 PM

Ride indoors, play video games, I have a kid so stuff with him, ride outside when it is decent/roads are clear/parking ramps, dial the bike in, I picked up woodburning last year, and just got a pile of hand tools for woodworking, so I plan to refine that and start getting into learning good techniques for it and making things to sell.

I also plan to heal and work out to come into Spring 2018 ready to go.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/18/2017 11:11 PM

eskimojay wrote:

What do you riders with snowy areas do in the winter while you aren’t riding indoors to pass the time ? I just bought a ...more

I built a little ramp in my garage. I plan on doing some stuff in there if my foot feels up to it...my doctor said to wait till next year to do tricks though.

I should wait.

But to answer your question, thats what I WOULD be doing if I COULD! smile

|

10/19/2017 6:30 AM

I'm moving from Miami,fl to lagrange,Ga. I never thought about it but what will I do when it snows and I can't ride outside :/

|

10/19/2017 6:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/19/2017 6:33 AM

Manny Perez wrote:

I'm moving from Miami,fl to lagrange,Ga. I never thought about it but what will I do when it snows and I can't ride outside :/ ...more

Uh... Georgia? Snow? C'mon. What sort of "snow" do you think Georgia gets?! How far to you think the "North" extends?!

|

10/19/2017 6:56 AM

I was under the impression Georgia was a always have big hats with a feather and a fancy lady with a big triangular folding fan constantly fanning themselves always saying "WELL, I Neva"... with a slight drip of sweat down the side of the face, kinda place...

|

10/19/2017 7:33 AM

Winters here are the same as summer, but a little colder. So I'll be riding XD

|

10/19/2017 8:07 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I've been thru your "winters". Yeah, cooler. Occasionally you'll actually get snow! In the 3 years I was there, I think I saw a total of a 1/2 inch (13mm, to you).

|

10/19/2017 8:52 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I've been thru your "winters". Yeah, cooler. Occasionally you'll actually get snow! In the 3 years I was there, I think I saw ...more

The summers usually suck though. It gets too hot, but it's always windy and it rains a lot. Spring is the best time to ride, when it's still cold but the sun's out and it's dry

|

10/19/2017 12:43 PM

Play violin or bass, hit a lot of basement shows. Work, or volunteering. Hit an indoor park every once in a while too.

|

10/19/2017 1:09 PM

It doesn't really snow that much here. It rains pretty much everyday though. They don't allow bikes at the indoor park here. I play bass, and I bought Dave Mirra 2 for my XBOX. I play that a lot with my son. When it stops raining enough to ride I go when I can. I don't really skate anymore but I met some other old guys(they were mountain bikers, they don't ride BMX one guy might buy a 24 after trying mine though) at the BMX track who have a 3.5 foot mini ramp in their shed. It's 16 feet wide. It's hard to not want to skate that.

|

10/19/2017 1:54 PM

Weed, kombucha and coney island orange cream sodas, Xbox one, flywheel bike, and lots of maid rite copycat sandwiches... Then I quit all that shit in summer except mj and kombucha and ride like hell until the rains start again...

|

10/19/2017 2:01 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Same here in Texas... I'll be riding as well itll just be colder and I still probably ride that much becasue cold weather sucks...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

10/19/2017 2:31 PM

sad that no one said, "dig". Winter is digging season unless you live somewhere that freezes the dirt.

skating in my living room is my plan for this winter. My work hours don't let me get out to the woods to dig jumps. so my plans are to just day drink and skate the living room. haha

|

10/19/2017 4:28 PM

If the forecast is accurate, we are gonna get BLASTED with snow.

Gonna suck.

BUT I will be starting a new position at work and going to daytime hours, so that's rad!

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/19/2017 9:50 PM

eskimojay wrote:

What do you riders with snowy areas do in the winter while you aren’t riding indoors to pass the time ? I just bought a ...more

Bulletpup wrote:

I built a little ramp in my garage. I plan on doing some stuff in there if my foot feels up to it...my doctor said to wait ...more

Have any pics?

|

10/20/2017 12:00 AM

pnj wrote:

sad that no one said, "dig". Winter is digging season unless you live somewhere that freezes the dirt.

skating in my living ...more

That's a very good point. I haven't ridden trails for years, but it's the main thing my buddy likes to ride. Instead of him travelling to ride somewhere we should build trails. We actually planned to for the past couple of years but it never happened. The old trails are kind of still there, it wouldn't be loads of work. But everyone knows where it is. They'll all ride it but won't help dig. Or we found a new spot and could start from scratch..... I might find the owner of the land the old trails are in and ask if I can buy a bit of the land off him. He's fine with us riding there, but if I own it I'd have more authority to tell people they can't dig/ride/whatever.

|

10/20/2017 4:54 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

If the forecast is accurate, we are gonna get BLASTED with snow.

Gonna suck.

BUT I will be starting a new position at work ...more

I hope you are wrong.... but over the past several years, we have been gettting that forecast & the winters have been pretty mild. Mild for the upper Midwest, anyway.... not mild for Florida, The UK, etc...;

Yeah, there's no "digging" going on anywhere near me in the winder. Unless it's me digging into a bag of doritos & a 6-pack of beer.

|

10/20/2017 4:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/20/2017 5:03 AM

I love winter. My most favorite time of year.

I ride my MTB, more in the winter than in the summer honestly. I also play hockey. Play drums and bass guitar (lots of other bass players here too...represent!!!) . Read. Add to and continue to organize my sports card collection. Pretty much all of the stuff I do all year round anyways. We don't get real winter here in C-bus much, so I am still able to ride BMX a lot as well...just with more layers on.

It has been 8 years since we have had a "real" winter....sad angry

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence