Winter is coming

Related:
Create New Tag

12/1/2017 4:19 AM

Winter is coming. Soon comes the snow. Where do I ride?

|

If you ain't fallin you ain't trying.

12/1/2017 4:36 AM

You need a bike first

|

12/1/2017 4:36 AM

Winter is here. I live in New England. It's winter for 6 months out of the year. I ride parking garages, sometimes we shovel out the skatepark, and sometimes I build snow jumps in my driveway. I'll be riding all winter long.

|

12/1/2017 4:37 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

You need a bike first

I did get a Bike! A Fit hango!

|

12/1/2017 4:52 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

You need a bike first

SKKRRT SKRRT wrote:

Nice! Did you buy local or online?

|

12/1/2017 4:53 AM

glad I live in Florida

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

12/1/2017 5:01 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

Winter is here. I live in New England. It's winter for 6 months out of the year. I ride parking garages, sometimes we shovel ...more

I live in N.E. also. Winters used to be 6 months but global warming has shortened them a bit. January through March are usually a no go for riding. Some time December and April. The weather is weird now though. It can be 5 degrees one day and 65 the next. As soon as the salt gets put on the roads is when i call it, Bad enough my car gets salty, not my bikes!

|

12/1/2017 5:06 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

You need a bike first

SKKRRT SKRRT wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I bought local

|

12/1/2017 5:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/1/2017 5:13 AM

SKKRRT SKRRT wrote:

I bought local

Good boy! That helps the small bike shop guys stay in business.

Now, if there's snow, maybe find a parking garage. Or, just ride when the snow is cleared from a local play ground, etc...; You can also ride your driveway, street, etc..;

On another note, don't let anyone (except MAYBE your closest friends you know you can trust) ride your bike. If some older kid, you don't know, asks you to ride it, DON'T! I know of too many bikes that were just ridden off. If you are riding somewhere & you feel something is off about some other people there.... err on the side of caution & take off. & don't leave you bike unattended!

Just some friendly advice to help protect your investment (part of the problem of owning a good bike is that others may know it's a good bike too & want it!

|

12/1/2017 5:16 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Now, if there's snow, maybe find a parking garage. Or, just ...more

This. Don't let ANYONE except your best friends ride your bike...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

12/1/2017 5:21 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

SKKRRT SKRRT wrote:

I bought local

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Ok, there is a strip mall right near me so I'll ride in there. Also I won't let any other guys ride my bike. I don't think anyone will because I live in the suburbs and there is only scooter kids

|

12/1/2017 6:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/1/2017 6:28 AM

SKKRRT SKRRT wrote:

Ok, there is a strip mall right near me so I'll ride in there. Also I won't let any other guys ride my bike. I don't think ...more

then make sure to run over the scooter kids!!! wink Or let them ride your bike and then they will possibly transfer over to BMX...

here in Central Ohio, I ride in the winter as well. We (unfortunately) don't usually get snow so the parks stay clear of that. The bonus is that other people wuss out and don't ride when it is "cold", so I usually get the whole entire park to myself for the day. THAT is awesome...I like the idea of parking garages, but you will almost always get kicked out of them instantly here in town...or they are just too busy or full to ride...

I remember back in the 70's and 80's when we had real winters and snow, we would build 5 or 6 foot snow ramps, put water on them so that they would turn more "solid", and then ride those...we would make "pump" tracks and jumps over the one creek in our local park...landings were brutal though cause the landing area would either turn into ice, or frozen over chopped up mud. Lots of blood there

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

12/1/2017 7:15 AM

I haven't ridden in about a month here in Newcastle because it is cold and salt on the roads which I don't like riding in. And yesterday it snowed so now there is snow and ice everywhere. Unfortunately I probably won't be able to ride until next year.

|

Hmmm

12/1/2017 9:06 AM

Minnesota here, you guys think we have winter 100% of the time, but that's not totally true. We have among the biggest swings in weather out of the whole country it seems.

Winter can get very far below zero-think artic tundra. Then in summer we clear 100 a bunch with borderline Florida level humidity, all in a span of about 3-4 months, and in the middle of the change we get tornadoes, hail, and nasty storms.

Winter = parking ramps, dry road/reasonably warm (above 20 degrees F) or indoor parks. As long as the surface I am on is not wet or icy/snowy, the wind is minimal and or the sun is out I will typically go out until around 15-20 degrees, if it is after a super cold blast I might go out when it is colder.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/1/2017 11:46 AM

I live in Miami, I wish I had cooler weather

|

12/1/2017 12:52 PM

Indoor parks or just toughing it out and riding street anyways.

|

12/1/2017 2:08 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

SKKRRT SKRRT wrote:

I bought local

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Yes! Do not let anyone you dont know ride your bike! Dont let a nice attitude fool you!

|

12/1/2017 3:12 PM

SKKRRT SKRRT wrote:

I bought local

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Yes! Do not let anyone you dont know ride your bike! Dont let a nice attitude fool you!

There is a skatepark that is in a sketchy area and already I've seen a bike get stolen

|