Winter is here

Related:
Create New Tag

11/29/2018 10:20 AM

So, do u have somewhere to ride or are u doomed like me? Please tell and inspire me a bit. Thx

Do you have a place/spot to ride this winter?

View Results

|

Street yes please

11/29/2018 10:24 AM

plan to hit the same parks as normal till snow gets bad...which never really happens around here...

winter is great b/c the parks are empty...

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

11/29/2018 10:28 AM

There's a small indoor here with a street section snd a bowl. Haven't been yet but soon. We still get some dry not so cold days over winter so I'll ride outside when I can.

|

11/29/2018 10:28 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

plan to hit the same parks as normal till snow gets bad...which never really happens around here...

Huh, i tought weather was bad in ohio but oh well its probbably just me thats whiney?

|

Street yes please

11/29/2018 10:29 AM

No. And fuck NYC for this very fact. I hate it here and can not wait to move out of the Northeast.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

11/29/2018 10:30 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

No. And fuck NYC for this very fact. I hate it here and can not wait to move out of the Northeast.

Can’t we all just move to spain and ride the seawalls all tear round?

|

Street yes please

11/29/2018 10:35 AM

4piecenorway wrote:

Yes. When this is all over, we should get an apartment together. I'll cook, you clean. I'll grocery shop, you take out the trash.

Life will be perfect.

|

11/29/2018 10:35 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

4piecenorway wrote:

Huh, i tought weather was bad in ohio but oh well its probbably just me thats whiney?

it is all subjective...up near the Lake, they get more snow, and cold. Here in Central Ohio, we get less snow, and temps are usually "moderate" - between 20F and 50F. Southern Ohio tends to be even warmer usually and gets more rain...

The problem is people are generally less tolerant of the cold around here...most people I know think 50F is "freezing"...like, they will not go out or complain severely if they have to if it is under 50.

To me, 50F is the optimal temperature...you don't sweat; you can ride longer; comfy in shorts, t-shirt and a hoodie; it is invigorating

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

11/29/2018 10:36 AM

Lol I'm in south Texas so one day in the winter it'll be like 40°F then the next day will be like 70°F so I can still ride outside in the winter on the good days.

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

11/29/2018 10:37 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

4piecenorway wrote:

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Yes. When this is all over, we should get an apartment together. I'll cook, you clean. I'll grocery shop, you take out the trash.

Life will be perfect.

Sounds nice

|

Street yes please

11/29/2018 10:38 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

it is all subjective...up near the Lake, they get more snow, and cold. Here in Central Ohio, we get less snow, and temps are usually "moderate" - between 20F and 50F. Southern Ohio tends to be even warmer usually and gets more rain...

The problem is people are generally less tolerant of the cold around here...most people I know think 50F is "freezing"...like, they will not go out or complain severely if they have to if it is under 50.

To me, 50F is the optimal temperature...you don't sweat; you can ride longer; comfy in shorts, t-shirt and a hoodie; it is invigorating

50°F IS FREEZING

And you're smoking crack to be in shorts and a hoodie in 50°F weatherlaughing
|

11/29/2018 10:39 AM

4piecenorway wrote:

Sounds nice

iberico ham, butter, and bread for breakfast lunch and dinner? Hell yeah it sounds nice.

|

11/29/2018 10:40 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

I can deal with cold but i live so close to the ocean that i rearly get snow or a dry climate its always slushy and wet but hey there is always a parking garage

|

Street yes please

11/29/2018 10:43 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote: 50°F IS FREEZING

Nah, you're just a sissy my mangrin it's actually a nice weather to ride, although I still sweat at that temperature so I could do with a bit colder.

As for the topic, I haven't found a place to ride during the winter yet. I really need to find one.

|

11/29/2018 10:52 AM

That's pretty normal here laughing.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

11/29/2018 11:05 AM

There’s 2 indoors an hour away and one big one 2 hours away , honestly I don’t care though , I’m burnt out and need months off riding bikes to rehab the body and get ready to send it In the spring , I don’t get how people can ride year round and not get sick of it or have their bodies fall apart

|

11/29/2018 11:07 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

50/50 on staten island doe.............

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

11/29/2018 11:12 AM

I'll ride my usual spots as long as it's dry. And probably source in the new year (they have coaching sessions on Tuesdays now, which is the only day I can really travel to ride). Even when it's in the -0° C I'll sweat with a few layers on. I don't mind the cold, but can't stand wet or wind

|

11/29/2018 11:17 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

Rabbe wrote:

Nah, you're just a sissy my mangrin it's actually a nice weather to ride, although I still sweat at that temperature so I could do with a bit colder.

As for the topic, I haven't found a place to ride during the winter yet. I really need to find one.

I find 40-50° is perfect for riding, it starts being that cold in like September here. That being said I'm used to it because it gets to like -20° in winter here.

|

11/29/2018 11:18 AM

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

50/50 on staten island doe.............

I love Alex for what he does, but that is legit at least 4 hours of traveling to get there and back. Some of which is on a fuckin boat.

Fuck that.

|

11/29/2018 11:19 AM

I ride until it snows and then i give up and just go snowboarding until the snow melts in the spring. Its okay i wish we still had an indoor here tho.

|

11/29/2018 11:28 AM

BWAHAHAA I was in shorts and a hoodie yesterday during a snow storm HAHAHA!!!

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

11/29/2018 11:29 AM

Rabbe wrote:

Lol. Come ride in the 110° heat with me and we'll see who the sissy will betongue

50°F and below is cold because I'm used to 90°+ for alot of the year... so that's like half the temp I'm used to lol.

But if there's no wind and it's sunny and I feel motivated to ride I might ride in 50°F. Only if I feel like it lol

|

11/29/2018 11:31 AM

JoeyJoeJoe wrote:

You're smokin' crack dudegrin

|

11/29/2018 11:32 AM

I plan on riding in some parking garages near me. The local mall has a 5 story one that I can squeeze a small session in depending on how packed it is and security. Otherwise, I plan on riding any day my driveway/street is dry. I made a small kicker ramp and I'm making a little grind box so playing around on. The cold isn't going to be a factor, just the wet and wind are going to suck.

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

11/29/2018 11:33 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Lol. Come ride in the 110° heat with me and we'll see who the sissy will betongue

50°F and below is cold because I'm used to 90°+ for alot of the year... so that's like half the temp I'm used to lol.

But if there's no wind and it's sunny and I feel motivated to ride I might ride in 50°F. Only if I feel like it lol

Quit your bitching. It's 90+ here in the summer too bozo

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

11/29/2018 11:40 AM

4piecenorway wrote:

sXeBMXer wrote:

no crack...just good ol' adrenaline!!

but I do bitch and moan about anything over 70F, so I would wuss out down there in Tejas. In fact, years ago I turned down a pretty decent paying job in Houston because of the weather. I am an admitted wuss when it comes to heat!! I hate doing anything in temps above 80

and, since having a heart attack, I am also technically not allowed to be out in temps over 90....but the urge to ride usually wins that battle and I do it in moderation...or until my heart hurts wink

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

11/29/2018 11:42 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

JoeyJoeJoe wrote:

yep...I do not own a pair of long pants other than my work pants ( I am a teacher so I sadly have to be in "teacher clothes" during the week)...but my regular stuff year round is shorts, t shirt....in the fall and spring, I put on a hockey sweater, and in the winter the coat comes out.

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

11/29/2018 11:43 AM

JoeyJoeJoe wrote:

I plan on riding in some parking garages near me. The local mall has a 5 story one that I can squeeze a small session in depending on how packed it is and security. Otherwise, I plan on riding any day my driveway/street is dry. I made a small kicker ramp and I'm making a little grind box so playing around on. The cold isn't going to be a factor, just the wet and wind are going to suck.

I might try some garages as well, but man around here, security is quick to find you and chase you out....

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

11/29/2018 11:45 AM

JoeyJoeJoe wrote:

Quit your bitching. It's 90+ here in the summer too bozo

Agreed, plus uh...no matter what science you believe in, it's only gonna get hotter from here on out. Texas is going to be practically unlivable in 20-30 years.

NY tends to get walloped with snow, rain, and ridiculous heat and humidity. In my lifetime it's gone from a place that has distinct seasons, to a place that's just really hot in summer, really cold in winter, and life is what you manage to squeeze in in between that.

Summer I ride in 100º weather. Not to mention, that's city heat. So its disgusting, humid, and unrelenting.
Winter I ride in pretty much anything over freezing.

|