Winter riding gloves?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/14/2013 8:32 PM

I have literally no idea what's good in the glove market. I really just want something that'll keep my fingers warm, fit snug, last long, & have good grip while riding.

Right now I'm using these Shadow gloves I got back in 2007 but never wore once until just the other week.. They fit excellent but don't provide a lot of warmth.

I also used these cheap subzero skate gloves, they had good grip but I always had to double them up with a smaller glove underneath for when it got really cold out, but over the years they rip up from not being made for bmx & sewing them up gets old after while.

Long story short, recommend me a pair of warm/grippy/comfy gloves worth buying. I can tolerate my body being a bit cold, but when my fingers are even the slightest bit cold.. It fucking sucks major dick

|

11/15/2013 9:00 AM

Like you, I do not know a good pair of gloves when I see them. I recently went to WalMart looking for gloves and I just picked these $16 Bell gloves and got them. They have great grip, they are comfortable and they seem to keep my hands warm! I have only used them for about 2 weeks but it has been pretty chilly in West Virginia lately and these gloves are doing their job!

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock
Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

11/15/2013 12:24 PM

Stocksy wrote:

Like you, I do not know a good pair of gloves when I see them. I recently went to WalMart looking for gloves and I just picked these $16 Bell gloves and got them. They have great grip, they are comfortable and they seem to keep my hands warm! I have only used them for about 2 weeks but it has been pretty chilly in West Virginia lately and these gloves are doing their job!

How cold has it been there? I'll have to check those Bell ones out, hope they're nice & warm

|

11/15/2013 12:28 PM

i just about to make a thread like this haha

|

11/15/2013 1:17 PM

There was a similar thread a year or so ago, and SBC had some good input in that one. Motocross gloves I think. I'll try to find it and link it up.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

11/15/2013 1:22 PM

I use nike gloves i found in a field lol

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

11/15/2013 1:53 PM

Mechanic gloves. I use wool gloves with rubber dipped gloves over them.

|

11/15/2013 2:10 PM

If you pay the 50 or 60 bucks you can get fox antifreeze gloves, they are the WARMEST gloves and last for years. By years I mean like 7. Best winter gloves. PERIOD.

|

11/15/2013 7:07 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

If you pay the 50 or 60 bucks you can get fox antifreeze gloves, they are the WARMEST gloves and last for years. By years I mean like 7. Best winter gloves. PERIOD.

Thanks those look good, I'll see if my shop can order them .. if not I'll find some online. I went looking tonight at the mall & all I found were huge bulky gloves with no grip at all. Didn't make it out to WalMart yet though

|

11/15/2013 7:42 PM

Check out the Mechanix original insulated gloves. They run about $28 but I used to have a pair for work and i really liked them. I'm about to get another pair to ride in pretty soon.

|

11/16/2013 11:03 AM

I use these when its cold as hell out. i guess they work. ODYSSEY POWER GLOVES

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

11/16/2013 2:26 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

How cold has it been there? I'll have to check those Bell ones out, hope they're nice & warm

Idk about how his gloves are, although he seems to enjoy them, but imma answer for him. lol It has been in the upper 20's and in the 30's when we rode at one point. And his hands werent cold i guess, because he wouldnt have rode, screw riding with cold hands.

I wanna get myself a pair of those Odyssey Aitken gloves made from leather!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/16/2013 2:57 PM

i typically use my older motocross gloves that are to worn to keep using on my bike.. fox and shift gloves are what i ran on motocross..

|

Refs: ecuadevil, superstarDK ,Brian_Griffin ,howlerfbm,ScramHype,Ricked_Em,BMXPOSER

text me for a faster response 2016681770

11/16/2013 6:15 PM

|

(:

11/16/2013 6:24 PM

Wear these,

[LINK TO IMAGE]

And then a nice thin, comfortable glove over top, like these.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

I have 75 cool points and 5 awesome points

Buy/Sell Refs: Showtime402, fsearles, ticaleb, howlerfbm (x2), irideafly, the balt (x2), MrHavoc1988. dprc

11/16/2013 11:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/16/2013 11:12 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Idk about how his gloves are, although he seems to enjoy them, but imma answer for him. lol It has been in the upper 20's and in the 30's when we rode at one point. And his hands werent cold i guess, because he wouldnt have rode, screw riding with cold hands.

I wanna get myself a pair of those Odyssey Aitken gloves made from leather!

Damn that's good then, it's only been around the 40s here for the coldest so far. The other day was like 30 something but I didn't feel like coming out by myself since no one was out. When my fingers get the slightest bit cold, they feel like shit

@motogrizz that's actually a really good idea cause the rubber glove part will stop the wind too

|

11/17/2013 12:07 AM

im riding with just my dirt bike gloves. i always like riding with troy lees in the winter.

|

just huck it

11/17/2013 12:12 AM

I showed the fox gloves above. They will last the longest and keep you the warmest. But honesty any moto glove works.

|