Wipperman chains

Related:
Create New Tag

10/25/2013 8:57 AM

Was wondering if this chain will work on a profile with a 9t driver the wipperman 1g

|

refs- abod, dave805, spikez5, blizzbikes, element4all, harof2, funkychicken, zznelsonzz, hardbmx_tim, agcrx

10/25/2013 9:03 AM

The 1g8's flat plates keep it from fully engaging 9th drivers. Also, drivers with square teeth tips, like Gsport ratchet drivers, need to be modified to run it. It has larger rollers than other chains.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

10/25/2013 9:16 AM

Chuck8273 wrote:

The 1g8's flat plates keep it from fully engaging 9th drivers. Also, drivers with square teeth tips, like Gsport ratchet drivers, need to be modified to run it. It has larger rollers than other chains.

Think it will work on a 10t V3?? The one i bought off you.

|

10/25/2013 9:25 AM

I think so. If I remember correctly, that driver has rounded teeth tips. If you look up the ratchet, you can see the teeth are quite square. I had to mod mine. Pics are posted on one of the last few pages of my bike check.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

10/25/2013 9:41 AM

The difference is obvious in these photos. The half link is a KMC 710 with hollow pins. The other is a KMC drop buster I ordered in the wrong size.

[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

10/25/2013 10:03 AM

Yeh. I gotcha now!

|