Wish Me Luck

Related:
Create New Tag

9/17/2013 10:53 PM

So if you didn't notice from my recent post in the 'How To' section, I've really started practicing my barspins. It got old quick constantly untwisting my bars/brake cable, so I'm temporarily going brakeless until I get these dialed. Anyone else do the same for the same reason? This just seems so sketchy until I get a detangler.

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

9/17/2013 10:57 PM

Good luck man i just fucked my finger up on one. Not riding for a few days, nothing new there though ha.

|

9/17/2013 10:59 PM

I just use a long ass break cable

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

9/18/2013 2:01 AM

brakeless 4 lyf mofoz

|

9/18/2013 2:31 AM

shin & kneepads are a must while ya learning. Expect to land on ya ass on multiple occasions, so maybe try on grass first if your learning them hop.

Stick with them tho its all just timing and coordination with bars, all technique & commitment.

Remember to have fun with em tho they can get real frustrating to start with.

Good luck my man.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

9/18/2013 5:50 PM

No. I learned with a gyro. Brakeless is nice because no brakelever smashes you in the fingers. BUT you will get used to it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/18/2013 6:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/18/2013 6:03 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

No. I learned with a gyro. Brakeless is nice because no brakelever smashes you in the fingers. BUT you will get used to it.

you saying you'll get used to the brake lever smash?

I came up short at the greenlake dirt jumps (left line, 2nd fucking jump like a chump), cased it... "punched" my brake lever with my pointer finger cuz my bars were clean ripped out from underneath me. It bruised the ligament across my middle knuckle so bad, I had to use a reverse splint for 8 months to get it to heal.

|

United0Cult0

9/18/2013 8:08 PM

Just say fuck it, and stay that way.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

9/18/2013 8:13 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

tremelo wrote:

you saying you'll get used to the brake lever smash?

I came up short at the greenlake dirt jumps (left line, 2nd fucking jump like a chump), cased it... "punched" my brake lever with my pointer finger cuz my bars were clean ripped out from underneath me. It bruised the ligament across my middle knuckle so bad, I had to use a reverse splint for 8 months to get it to heal.

ouch now you guys are making me skitch about getting brakes good luck man i hope you get them dialed

|

Last words?
Just have fun on your bike.
- Jeremiah Smith

9/19/2013 5:06 AM

Seems obvious, but make sure your bar ends aren't worn out and about to push into the bars. Taking that shit to the gut ain't no joke.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

9/19/2013 6:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/19/2013 6:38 PM

Chuck8273 wrote:

Seems obvious, but make sure your bar ends aren't worn out and about to push into the bars. Taking that shit to the gut ain't no joke.

So far so good. I'm starting to get used it now and kind of like it. It's still new and different and I like the challenge of learning how to properly approach things without relying on brake checks, as well as keeping you super alert and 'in-tune' with the riding. I still plan to get a gyro though because brakes have saved my ass too many times, but it's been fun so far.

My barspins are far from dialed, but they're coming along. I'm still having a hard time with the actual hop into it since it feels so much different from my normal hop.

Chuck, it's funny you should say that: a few days ago I was at the park and said the same thing to a guy riding without bar ends. I've seen someone gore themselves and it was pretty horrible!

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

9/19/2013 7:05 PM

I was racing a 24hr endurance race at Hurkey Creek (local spot to me), dude ate it on a gnarly downhill section of the course and put his uncapped bar end in to his femoral vein in his upper/inner thigh. He started to bleed out & they had to shut down the course for an hour while they helivac'd him out.

|

United0Cult0