Wishbone or standard rear end?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/14/2011 5:15 AM

What rear end is stronger and why? The wishbone style (DIRECTOR-STYLE WISHBONES) or a rear end like S&M?

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Refs: SolomonGrundy!

Angrypenguin.biz

Braswellrealty.com

11/14/2011 5:42 AM

the wishbones are stronger i think because of the extra metal reinforces the area but they look horrible in my opinion. The extra strength isnt that much and it looks so ugly its not worth doing i think.

|

11/14/2011 6:02 AM

jamie cole wrote:

the wishbones are stronger i think because of the extra metal reinforces the area but they look horrible in my opinion. The extra strength isnt that much and it looks so ugly its not worth doing i think.

this.

|

11/14/2011 6:21 AM

I just wonder why Sunday, Subrosa and some others go through the trouble making this type of rear end if it is not much stronger or stiffer in some way. It takes one less weld to build the rear, so I really don't see it taking any more material. Just extra time to make a custom wishbone.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Angrypenguin.biz

Braswellrealty.com

11/14/2011 10:05 AM

It's strong from what I've seen but despite the fact that it is ugly...

|

11/14/2011 10:08 AM

I dont care, but why do people care how their rear dropouts look? its kinda retarded

|

Mothaducker.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CreativeUpload?feature=mhee

Go to my channel, sub, and click a couple of the ads, would be mightily appreciated!

11/14/2011 2:00 PM

the back wheel pretty much hides the dropouts. But personally i like wishbone.

|

Turn Around & Take It Like a Champ.
Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

11/14/2011 2:20 PM

wishbone looks cleaner but i like the standard

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

11/14/2011 2:55 PM

it seems like wishbone rear ends are harder to twist.

|

11/14/2011 4:11 PM

i love wishbones on frames

|

11/14/2011 4:16 PM

Aren't wishbones designed to help accommodate a wider tire too? Or is that just me?

|

Refs: Spikez5, Shadow_Conspiracy, bstick, hattrckhcky, kingbiker, Gdawg, BEASTASSDICK;] x2, bobPA, Mike Stig, rtr, zach.c, lirider187, Piffery
Don't recommend: ctbmx86 (non receipt of item)
My Ebay feedback:
[url=http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=x_woody_x&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true]
Email and Paypal: WoodserR@gmail.com

11/14/2011 4:21 PM

X_Woody_X wrote:

Aren't wishbones designed to help accommodate a wider tire too? Or is that just me?

i dont think so. in t1s case they have had skinny backends for quite some time. but sundays are normal

|

11/14/2011 4:25 PM

RiverSideRider wrote:

i dont think so. in t1s case they have had skinny backends for quite some time. but sundays are normal

Cool, wasn't sure, but I had seen something once about a larger tire and a wishbone style. Perhaps it was the particular frame not the dropout setup

|

Refs: Spikez5, Shadow_Conspiracy, bstick, hattrckhcky, kingbiker, Gdawg, BEASTASSDICK;] x2, bobPA, Mike Stig, rtr, zach.c, lirider187, Piffery
Don't recommend: ctbmx86 (non receipt of item)
My Ebay feedback:
[url=http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=x_woody_x&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true]
Email and Paypal: WoodserR@gmail.com

11/14/2011 5:33 PM

i dint even notice the wishbone once i put my bike togeter. its not really something i look at and say "damn that wishbone is ugly" i dont care , and i really dont think it looks ugly, maybe T1s but theres are sorta long

my last frame was a funday 2 and now im on a subrosa villicus and i like them both, idk if the wishbone adds to stiffnes but both of my bikes were stiff as fuck, but i always ride super stiff bikes compared to any of m friends bikes, its a rock

|

Refs: 36 + (i forgot a few)!! ScramHype (x2) , TCbmx.(x4), Ecuadevil (x3), Lee Rager (please dont delete me) x3, Futurefbm, genisis,netti spagetti, carjakester,BMX-\1995/, showtime402 (x2), 562_Rider , SuperstarDk (x2), Kurt4413, Joe green (x2), Dee hos, Spenlard,roqfan,Stolen Cherry, ninjacat33, Broughton, also local deals with Droogskull, and jbeaton13

11/14/2011 5:40 PM

S&M ltf wishbone looked clean as buttons

|

MOTW 10/18/10 - 10/24/10
MOTM- April 2011
youtube channel: *SUBSCRIBE PLEASE* http://www.youtube.com/user/MrEod1214?feature=mhum
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @eoin_666

11/14/2011 7:59 PM

I love Sunday's wishbone most of all. The square look is so nice and it makes for a very stiff bike. Thanks for all the comments and what others think. I just traded for a Sunday Ian Schwarts in 20.75 with brake posts.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Angrypenguin.biz

Braswellrealty.com

11/14/2011 8:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/14/2011 8:11 PM

double wishbones were some of the toughest back end designs ever to surface bmx

however they surfaced in the "indestructible & overweight" mid-skool days

|

11/14/2011 8:53 PM

lukegoh13 wrote:

double wishbones were some of the toughest back end designs ever to surface bmx

however they surfaced in the "indestructible & overweight" mid-skool days

so true.

|

11/14/2011 8:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/14/2011 8:59 PM

Warpig, Bennett,berringer, solid killing machine and duke, volume destroyer t1 barcodes, all awesome. AnD kink fiend

|

11/14/2011 9:04 PM

ive always had standard. dugans new frame has wishbone, and i like subrosa's. but i dont like the dual wishbone on the barcode.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

11/14/2011 9:53 PM

Warchol2 wrote:

i dint even notice the wishbone once i put my bike togeter. its not really something i look at and say "damn that wishbone is ugly" i dont care , and i really dont think it looks ugly, maybe T1s but theres are sorta long

my last frame was a funday 2 and now im on a subrosa villicus and i like them both, idk if the wishbone adds to stiffnes but both of my bikes were stiff as fuck, but i always ride super stiff bikes compared to any of m friends bikes, its a rock

i love the look T1's wishbone
especially on the barcode, i think they are much cleaner

|

ferthebirdz wrote: my pegs are called cranks..

11/14/2011 9:54 PM

Idk which is stronger. But I think the wishbone is sexy looking.

|

Refs: Irideafly, Scramhype, xBikeaholic, Droogskull, riversiderider, milou, showtime402
20+ refs on bmx-forum if that matters

11/14/2011 11:02 PM

Warchol2 wrote:

brentrides wrote:

i love the look T1's wishbone
especially on the barcode, i think they are much cleaner

I was going to get a barcode but then i didnt cause the wishbone looks ugly imo.

|

11/17/2011 6:56 AM

bump

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Angrypenguin.biz

Braswellrealty.com