Wooden skatepark

Related:
Create New Tag

6/30/2014 7:23 AM

Photo

Hey guys, in a few weeks i'm going to build something like this but i'm a bit worried the quarters may be a bit close. What are your opinions. I've only got about 12m in total length.

|

6/30/2014 8:02 AM

I don't know much about about all of this, but if it were my quarter, I'd want a much wider deck and a little bit more space between the spine and the quarter. Everything else looks good.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

6/30/2014 11:23 AM

Yeahhh.. you definitely want a bigger deck, atleast 6ft. This makes it so people can hangout up there, so you can do tricks involving the deck, and so you can do flyout tricks and have a decent amount of room to shoot out. I would also space out the ramps ALOT more. Landing from one ramp and immediately going to the next one makes it super hard to do tricks, or even ride it. You want atleast another 6ft inbetween the bottom of each ramp.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

6/30/2014 11:26 AM

Also, the box jump looks crazy hard to ride. It looks like you have vert on the take off, and the landing is super steep and goes straight into the ground. Try mellowing out both sides of it and give the landing somewhat of a curve to it do the riders dont have to endure a super rough landing right before getting shot into another ramp.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

6/30/2014 12:12 PM

I ALWAYS suggest AT A MINIMUM 1.5 times the height for the flatbottom length.

AKA

4 foot ramp = AT LEAST 6 feet flat bottom (space between quarters). Maybe even DOUBLE the height for flatbottom length.

I rode a 5 foot mini with 8 feet flat and it was decent. I've also ridden a 4 foot ramp with 4 feet of flat and it was awkward and hard to ride.

If you can pull it off, try for double the height for flatbottom length, aka 4 foot tall = 8 feet between quarters.

Maybe do a decent mini/spine and have one side of the ramp be the box, so the quarter is the lip and a wedge off the deck for the landing if you can?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/30/2014 1:08 PM

I'd suggest a vert wall extension on the quarterpipe before the lip of the
Box jump for more speed to boost ... Other then that and wider decks that looks like a tight ramp

|

7/1/2014 11:22 AM

eskimojay wrote:

I'd suggest a vert wall extension on the quarterpipe before the lip of the
Box jump for more speed to boost ... Other then that and wider decks that looks like a tight ramp

And also AFTER the box, unless you can air well.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura