So I’m guessing it’s bad huh

|

10/26/2019 5:04 PM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Damn!

_bmxican_ wrote:

If not it will be soon..

Have you ran the same chain the whole time too..

If so, there's a chance nothing newer will like that chain either...

|

10/26/2019 6:07 PM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Damn!

_bmxican_ wrote:

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

If not it will be soon..

Have you ran the same chain the whole time too..

If so, there's a chance nothing newer will like that chain either...

I bought a cult Halflink chain and when I put it on it jumped and made a poping noise so I put on the old chain and it stopped then I noticed the driver looked more like a saw

|

10/26/2019 6:14 PM

Sounds about right... That hub is left side drive correct? This is the first one I've seen that I can tell by the wear.. That alone says something..

|

10/26/2019 8:11 PM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Sounds about right... That hub is left side drive correct? This is the first one I've seen that I can tell by the wear.. That alone says something..

So you think the old chain cause this? Or what can I do to prevent this on my new wheel

|

10/26/2019 10:49 PM

Chains stretch over time, as they do they wear the teeth. Get a new chain once a year and you’ll get a lot more miles out of your driver and sprocket.
But, half link chains stretch a lot quicker than full link, due to the plates straightening under load. Once a year should still be good though. Just check your chain more regularly

|

10/27/2019 1:42 AM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

_bmxican_ wrote:

So you think the old chain cause this? Or what can I do to prevent this on my new wheel

LHD and RHD has nothing to do with chain or driver wear, it happens on both sides.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

10/27/2019 2:34 AM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

_bmxican_ wrote:

readybmxer wrote:

LHD and RHD has nothing to do with chain or driver wear, it happens on both sides.

You can tell which drive side it is by which side of the teeth are worn

|