Worried about getting back into riding?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/5/2013 5:56 PM

About 4 months ago I broke my knee cap riding and pulled a ligament off with part of my knee joint and tore my ligaments aswell as damaging all the muscle around it. I have only just been abled to start walkin again about 2 months ago, I did it whilst hopping in and someone got in the way and I had to bail out and my knee didn't bent and my ligaments took the impact, but the surgeon has Said I will be abled to ride again in 3 weeks time. I've been going to my local skatepark with some pals and even watching people hop in gets me on edge abit, I'm worried about damaging my knee again, like before I had 100% intention to quit but going back to the skatepark reminded me about how much I love it, but the injury it's self has me abit scared. What I wanted to know is, have any of you had a bad injury and went back to riding and just got on with it and forgot about it and improved alot since?

Thanks!

|

7/5/2013 6:04 PM

Hm wow that mustve hurt like a bitch man! Im sorry that happened!! I have not had a serious injury like that and went on. I know one guy on here is struggling with an injury. But i saw one guy try to dodge a little tiny kid when he was jumping this big hip and he literally landed on his eye on some coping and there was a trail of blood from there to his friends car who took him to a hospital! I saw him back there after a while and he was even better! so it should be okay. Sometimes i know after a week of riding when im completely sore and i take a day or two off i come back and am a lot smoother and ride better. So maybe thatll work! But unless the other dude is on a bike, ram him, itll save you an injury. haha just kidding lol

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/5/2013 6:09 PM

No doubt about it if that happens again they're getting rammed I was in hospital for over a week! And in a cast for 3 months and a huge knee brace too! It sucked!

|

7/6/2013 12:07 AM

JayMiller wrote:

No doubt about it if that happens again they're getting rammed I was in hospital for over a week! And in a cast for 3 months and a huge knee brace too! It sucked!

Yeah honestly thats my policy!! I always make sure to make eye contact with the person or make sure they know im coming in!! Haha but if they get in my way they may end up with a primo peg up their butt! Lol

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/6/2013 7:49 AM

Sounds painful, I broke my heel airing out and I am slowly getting air outs back, no where close to where I was, just take baby steps.

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

7/6/2013 6:57 PM

I fractured an ankle two years ago but it was when I was into skating. I never really got back into skating instead I got into riding bikes. What I will tell you is what my friends told me when they wanted me to get back on a board. Just get on and start riding, you gotta have initiative. Take it slow, no one will make fun of you for trying to master the basics again. If it makes you feel more comfortable and you don't already, where pads! (I would strongly recommend this for you.) and it will take time to get back to where you were before! You won't be dialing flairs when you first get back on the bike, getting back to being as good as you were before will take quite some time. Hope this helps!

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock
Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)