Worst Crash You've Had

Related:
Create New Tag

12/17/2013 4:59 PM

What's the worst crash you have had? Mine was when I was trying to jump a gap by Kum & Go and my front tire caught on the rail and I went flying. The gap was 4 ft tall without the rail.

|

12/17/2013 5:05 PM

personally, i giant step up at my local trails
i had seen all of my friends case it and go over the bars, so i decided to just go super fast and pump the shit out of it
i went waaaay too fast and overcleared to flat, with the next jump like 3 feet in front of me, with no brakes
i bailed mid air, and smacked my face into da dirt

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/17/2013 5:05 PM

I've taken quite a few spills in my day! I broke my foot but that wasn't much of a crash. The only thing that hit the ground was my foot because I landed sketchy. Ohhhh I know! So I was flowing the bowl at my local skatepark and I was pumping through it and I had so much speed and I went to ride around this one wall and my crank hit this part of the bowl that right foot forward people could use as a hip and I slammed pretty hard. I cut up my elbow pretty bad and slammed my head off of the concrete. If I wasn't wearing a helmet I would have had a concussion at least. Haha I seem to be pretty lucky so far because I haven't had many horrible wrecks.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock
Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

12/17/2013 5:54 PM

I was pedaling down the street as fast as i could and for some reason (still unknown to me) i flipped right over the bars and ate the pavement! Put a nice dent in my frame, tore up my hands, and stuck my face to my braces. It really sucked!

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

12/17/2013 5:57 PM

I was riding a concrete bank at 11pm at a school, pitch black no lights. Its a local spot and I figured I knew it like the back of my hand. Anywho, going crazy fast at the bank, 180 it (bank to bank). Its a fairly tall bank, atleast 7ft. I pump down it and start pedaling, planning to go around the playground. Im going atleast 20mph at this point, hit the foam pad that the playground is on, it kind of redirected me. So I continue pedaling and decide to just duck under the monkey bars. At this point im still going atleast 15mph, duck under the monkey bars, then pull my head back up. From there, all I knew was I was sitting on the ground and my bike skyrocketed out from under my legs. My friend starts laughing his ass of and im just sitting there on my ass wondering what the fuck happened, I thought he threw something at me lol. Anywho, niagra falls starts pouring out my nose, and when I get up I notice this pull up bar type thing that was lined up with my nose perfectly. So I basically hit a textbook clotheshanger. Im using my beanie (wasnt one that I cared about) to cover my face and stop the bleeding. I told my friend to call my mom who was an hour away and here was the conversation
"Uhhh tims mom?"
yes?
"I think tim just broke his nose"
WHAT? WHAT THE FUCK? WHERE? I DONT HAVE FUCKING TIME FOR THIS
(He tries handing me the phone and I just cover my face with my beanie and act like I cant talk)
Does it look broken????
"Uhm hold on let me use the light on his phone to check.... (flips screen towards my face) OH SHIT OH SHIT"
WHAT?! HOW BAD IS IT?! WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?!

Anyways, my mom shows up an hour later and picks me up to take me to the urgent care. I was so deeply in shock I fought with her about going to mcds before the urgent care for like 10minutes. I remember all I wanted was a McDouble andna SMALL sprite with extra ice and a straw.
One mcds trip later, im at the urgent care and they basically tell me to go to the ER, so I had to wait two days to go there. When I finally get to go, they basically told me I shattered my nose. Broke it in 6 (I think?) different places. A few days later I had surgery done to it, but to this day my nose is off slightly to one side lol.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/17/2013 6:01 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I was pedaling down the street as fast as i could and for some reason (still unknown to me) i flipped right over the bars and ate the pavement! Put a nice dent in my frame, tore up my hands, and stuck my face to my braces. It really sucked!

I think i saw the aftermath video hahahahaha it looked like it sucked.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

12/17/2013 6:09 PM

Icepick to head plant down a handrail .......brain hemorage and was out cold for 4 hours narrowly avoided a broken neck and a fractured skull.......had a baseball sized hemorage above my left eye and ripped half my face off.....lost all my balance ......shitty times.....my appetite for street has since died

|

12/17/2013 6:22 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Mikel8149 wrote:

I think i saw the aftermath video hahahahaha it looked like it sucked.

Yeah, i was so weird in the head after that!

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

12/17/2013 6:28 PM

Worst i've had injury wise was when i fell about 5 feet and broke my femur. I went to 360 off the box jump at the local indoor and it was slick and my tire washed out and i flipped down and caught my leg sideways and it just snapped in two.
Worst fall i've walked away from was a smith to drop and the front peg/fork area hung up and i front flipped and hit my face on the end of the ledge/wall.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

12/17/2013 6:47 PM

(Fractured scull / eye socket & concussion) I tried to do a tire ride down a real skinny brick ledge that had a drop of about 10ft on the one side, as soon as I got on my pedals the bike just leaned over the drop & I fell with it and landed on my face. I was 5mins from my house, but it took me over an hour to get back home cause I kept passing out on the way back. It sucked.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

12/17/2013 7:46 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I was riding a concrete bank at 11pm at a school, pitch black no lights. Its a local spot and I figured I knew it like the back of my hand. Anywho, going crazy fast at the bank, 180 it (bank to bank). Its a fairly tall bank, atleast 7ft. I pump down it and start pedaling, planning to go around the playground. Im going atleast 20mph at this point, hit the foam pad that the playground is on, it kind of redirected me. So I continue pedaling and decide to just duck under the monkey bars. At this point im still going atleast 15mph, duck under the monkey bars, then pull my head back up. From there, all I knew was I was sitting on the ground and my bike skyrocketed out from under my legs. My friend starts laughing his ass of and im just sitting there on my ass wondering what the fuck happened, I thought he threw something at me lol. Anywho, niagra falls starts pouring out my nose, and when I get up I notice this pull up bar type thing that was lined up with my nose perfectly. So I basically hit a textbook clotheshanger. Im using my beanie (wasnt one that I cared about) to cover my face and stop the bleeding. I told my friend to call my mom who was an hour away and here was the conversation
"Uhhh tims mom?"
yes?
(He tries handing me the phone and I just cover my face with my beanie and act like I cant talk)
Does it look broken????
"Uhm hold on let me use the light on his phone to check.... (flips screen towards my face) OH SHIT OH SHIT"

Anyways, my mom shows up an hour later and picks me up to take me to the urgent care. I was so deeply in shock I fought with her about going to mcds before the urgent care for like 10minutes. I remember all I wanted was a McDouble andna SMALL sprite with extra ice and a straw.
One mcds trip later, im at the urgent care and they basically tell me to go to the ER, so I had to wait two days to go there. When I finally get to go, they basically told me I shattered my nose. Broke it in 6 (I think?) different places. A few days later I had surgery done to it, but to this day my nose is off slightly to one side lol.

Holy fuck thats funny , a Mcds trip and a small sprite with extra ice LOOOL

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/17/2013 7:56 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

"Uhhh tims mom?"
yes?
Does it look broken????

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Holy fuck thats funny , a Mcds trip and a small sprite with extra ice LOOOL

Mofugger I was out of it lol.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/17/2013 8:15 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

"Uhhh tims mom?"
yes?
Does it look broken????

Damn..... I can't imagine how that shit felt O_O.... One time I was fucking around in my PE class and I jumped some shit it was like a tarp or something.... I tucked my knees in so hard I hit my own nose. After I landed my nose felt like shit and I started bawling, tears just started running down my face even though I didn't feel like crying. IF I felt that was bad I cant imagine a broken nose haha

Anywayz to share my story, never broken anything (thankfully) although I do think I've chipped a couple bones or something. I've had quite a few falls where a part of my body goes numb for a few seconds and that area gets real sensitive for a couple weeks other than that I've been good. 1 time in particular I remember I was trying to 180 this small curb type of thing and I decided to go at a decent speed at it.... I cased and next thing I know I'm on the fucking ground and I can't feel my Ulna (the bottom bone of your arm). I got up.... screamed a few obscenities and I tried the 180s again but when I got home whenever I moved my arm I'd feel minor pain, never got it checked out. Couldn't have been that bad cause I could move it so there's my story =D

|

12/17/2013 8:34 PM

First time I dropped in on a vert, my front wheel tucked and I ate it.

First time I tried DJ'ing, I aired the first table top, landed flat, broke my forks and exfoliated my shins with my bear traps (anyone remember those) from my ankle to my kneecap

Jumping from a toilet block roof, over a 6 foot gap to grass....

Didn't make the grass.

|

12/17/2013 9:03 PM

When I first started flatland in late 2007-2008, one day, I tried a curb feeble and ended up nosediving somehow so bad from the front tire slipping and I just kinda faceplanted. I was kinda hauling ass so I couldn't react fast enough, and my dad called me slow and shit.. I chipped off one of my front main teeth in the front so I got that filled it. And I think I chipped off a teeny piece of my left canine tooh as well. And road rash on my elbows, knees, and hands. Not too bad and I always remain calm at the beginning of injuries and accidents and later follows shock, where my parents kept making me panic even more.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

12/17/2013 9:49 PM

I was riding down the block and i saw a girl with a nice ass so i looked then crashed into a fire hydrant at a fast speed and sprayned my ankle :p

|

Fuck BMX

12/17/2013 9:55 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Icepick to head plant down a handrail .......brain hemorage and was out cold for 4 hours narrowly avoided a broken neck and a fractured skull.......had a baseball sized hemorage above my left eye and ripped half my face off.....lost all my balance ......shitty times.....my appetite for street has since died

Did you wear a helmet?

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

12/18/2013 12:28 AM

Jumping a smallish gap, back tire hits the bush/hedge thing OTB hurt my legs and arms

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

12/18/2013 4:56 AM

Hitting a curb cut and not seeing the low tree branch. Caught that fucker right in the nose/bottom of by helmet, ricocheted off and landed on my tailbone from like 3 feet up in the air. Hurt like a mother

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

12/18/2013 5:38 AM

Me an my one friend were riding down a street and there was this wood flower bed that was only a couple inches tall but over a meter long an my friend went to clear it and did an wanting to do some thing different i went pretty fast and manualed the house before"s driveway and went to hop to clear it out of the manual but i didn't bring my back tire up quick enough. i ended up going over the handlebars and going chin first into the cement drive way an still have the scar.

|

Support your local bike shop.
Instagram:gobeil4130

12/18/2013 5:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/18/2013 7:40 AM

Downside footplant, my tires didn't catch the ramp on the way in, flipping me over, 6 feet to head and shoulder. Tore every ligament except ONE holding my collar bone in place, and discovered about 8 years later that I fractured 3 vertabrae in that crash, and set my neck crooked(subluxation that was never corrected), none of that can be fixed without surgery.

My shoulder healed decently, BUT I was stupid and started riding again BEFORE I was supposed to be out of the sling. I was supposed to take a few weeks after the sling and not ride too.

Now I am faced with chronic shoulder pain.

Listen to your doctors.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/18/2013 6:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/18/2013 6:27 AM

I was in a kind of trail with one friend. We were with our mtbs, and we were going fast as fuck. My friend fell of his bike, and i pressed the front and rear breaks really hard. I flew a few meterse and landed on my friends spokes. I broke my arm and one teeth.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

12/18/2013 6:46 AM

on trails

leaned forward too much

my face was fucked up

|

12/18/2013 7:45 AM

One of the most memorable crashes was when I clipped the leg of a rail so fast I threw up on impact....

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

4/16/2014 8:23 AM

SUNDAYBMX187 wrote:

I was riding down the block and i saw a girl with a nice ass so i looked then crashed into a fire hydrant at a fast speed and sprayned my ankle :p

Funniest shit ever lmao

|

4/16/2014 8:36 AM

Super, Super Long Story, Gap, Clip, Drop to Head & Shoulder = Epilepsy, 4 Quarterzone Injections, 1 Operation, 5 x 4 Months Physio Sessions & A Diagnosis of A Severe Degenerative Nerve Condition Which THANK FUCK Was UN-Diagnosed A Little Over A Month Ago & I've Been Told I Have Severe Chronic Pain From Being In Pain For So Long. So I Take....

240mg Of Morphine, 500mg Of Tramadol & 3.6 Grams Of Gabapentin PER DAY Just For The Pain (With Other Illnesses I'm On 32 Tablets Per Day Currently!) .. Hopefully With The Correct Physiotherapy & Training Exercises I've Been Told I Can Cut Out The Morphine All Together, Lower The Tramadol & I'll More Than Likely Be Staying On The Nerve Blocker (Gabapentin) Because The Nerves Will Always Be Somewhat Damaged!

2 Years Time The Doctor Recons I'll Be Able To Function As An "Almost Normal" Human Again, But I Will ALWAYS Be In Some Form Of Pain, It's Just Minimizing & Controlling It Now! I'll Be Riding My New Rig On Holiday In August, We Shall See How That Goes.

All I Can Say About That Crash WAS..... Thank FUCK I Was Wearing A Helmet! Split It Clean In Two! This Was 10 Years Ago BTW, Helmets Have Come On A LONG Way Since Then!

|

4/16/2014 8:42 AM

back when i started riding i got a real bad shinner, the wound was about 5" long and required 7 stitches to close it up.
about a year later bailed really weird on a box jump and landed straight on my chin, 8 stitches to fix up my chin.
not so long after that i nose cased a jump and face planted, my face was a little bruised up but somehow ended up with a broken arm

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding

4/16/2014 8:45 AM

friend cut me up while bombing a huge ass hill probably like 20mph, and he took my front wheel out. scraped up my back and hip a bit, badly bruised one of my palms but apart from that i was alright, still rode for the rest of the day :L wasnt the most painful, but was probably the biggest 'could of killed me' moment.. and biggest in terms of distance while crashing

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

4/16/2014 9:25 AM

Not bmx related but just happen this weekend

Went out to ride dirt bikes with some homies and decided to go out on a ride by myself, going up a hill the bike stalled and started up, kicked up and threw me back and rolled what was like 100-150feet down the side of the hill, ripped the shit out of my jacket and pants. luckily i had a jacket on i probably would have ripped the shit out of my arm and at some point i hit something so hard i cracked my helmet

Definitely wasbt the worst but it was scary as shit rolling down a hill with a dirt bike on top of you. i think the worst part was that i fucked the bike up sad

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

4/16/2014 1:36 PM

I just recently had my worst crash. My pals and I were all hitting this dirt jump having a ton of fun! Then my friend says "I'm gonna go throw another peg on and then we can go to the grind ledge." And I said "Okay. I'm gonna go blast the jump one last time." I wish that I did not blast the jump one last time. I was FLYING at this dirt jump and I boosted A LOT. My goal was to go out with a bang so I wanted to go really really high! So I boosted basically as much as I could and I got probably 5 feet aaaaand my front end started to drop. Now I thought "There's a transition so this is good." I was wrong. I COMPLETELY overshot the transition because of the extreme amount of speed that I had and I landed SUPER nose heavy and slammed right onto my right shoulder. Instantly, I stood up and walked around for about a minute. I didn't notice but my friend said that while I was "walking" I was actually just drooling and stumbling around. So after about a minute of stumbling around and drooling, the what I call "shock phase" ended and the pain started. So I laid there on the ground for a good 2 minutes, got up and watched my friends grind for about an hour until I went home.

4 days later, I went to the doctor because the pain had gotten worse. No breaks or fractures luckily, but I did have a badly strained bicep tendon and a deep tissue contusion in my shoulder. THIS SUCKED.

My shoulder is healed up but it's that damn strained tendon that is STILL bothering me. I haven't had a session last more than 20 minutes since this happened almost two weeks ago. I've decided that I'm not going to ride until Saturday and hopefully, it will be healed by then.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock
Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)