Worth Fixing Fuck Footedness?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/22/2018 1:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/22/2018 1:39 AM

My girlfriend has started riding with me which is amazing! She's loving it, dropping in, bunnyhopping and she almost has rollouts already! One thing I noticed is that she's fuck footed. She rides RFF but is more comfortable cornering right, rolling out to the right and says that she would feel more comfortable spinning to the right.

I told her to have a go LFF but she didn't feel comfortable at all. If somebody is brand new to riding and fuck footed, is it worth trying to persist with correcting your forward foot or is it really not a big deal in the future? I'm lucky enough to be completely regular apart from barspins which I had to relearn as I realised I was trying to throw them switch.

|

6/22/2018 1:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/22/2018 1:48 AM

Not at all. Who cares how people ride? smile If she feels natural riding like this, then it is natural.

There’s tons of riders like this. Jay Dalton, Justin Dowell, Bryce Tryon, Kris Fox, the list goes on.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

6/22/2018 3:09 AM

What he said! ⬆️

Just keep riding and focus on the fun stuff!

|

6/22/2018 4:42 AM

Mike aitken

|

6/22/2018 6:08 AM

readybmxer wrote:

Not at all. Who cares how people ride? smile If she feels natural riding like this, then it is natural.

There’s tons of riders like this. Jay Dalton, Justin Dowell, Bryce Tryon, Kris Fox, the list goes on.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

If you can 540 over a gap, who cares which foot you have forward & which direction you are spinning? Ride how you ride! Hendrix played a right handed guitar left handed & at one point strung right handed! I couldn't come close to playing like him & I'm playing the right equipment.

|

6/22/2018 7:24 AM

You have a girlfriend who rides. Be grateful for that, haha.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

6/22/2018 7:26 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

You have a girlfriend who rides. Be grateful for that, haha.

THIS!

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

6/22/2018 10:32 AM

As a goofy riders the only trick you should learn right are barspins , footjams , and whips

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/22/2018 2:17 PM

there is no good or bad way to stand on your bike this shit is stupid, im RFF on scooter (i dont ride it just for fun with friends ^^) and i do all the tricks "good way" and im LFF on a bike and i dont care. The problem is for roll out i feel it better RFF so thats annoying for half cab and backward manny to half cab (cassette) but you just have to practice to do what you want, like if u want to do roll out switch footed or not, everything is just a question of balance.

|

6/22/2018 2:21 PM

and dont care about people who makes fun of you bc u spin oppo, the frontside or backside style have nothing to do with style, its all about going high and bend ur knees, be smooth and even land front to back if u can.
Look at mike aitken, matt priest, jay dalton (his i can do 360 video for exemple) they dont care and they got more steeze than most of the riders (not bc of oppo spin but their riding in general

|

6/22/2018 2:40 PM

and one question, she spins to the right but with which eye she aims ? all the people i know who spin to the left like me aims with their right eye and people who spins to the right with the left eye so i dont know if thats a coincidence or if it explains why u r more comfortable to spin on one side

|

6/22/2018 6:05 PM

fixing implies there is something wrong with being fuck footed.....

|

6/29/2018 9:14 AM

Didn't mean to touch any nerves with the "fixing" thing! I've never ridden with anyone fuck footed so I wasn't sure if it was a big limitation or not, sounds like it's definitely not!

|

6/29/2018 7:54 PM

fooby wrote:

Didn't mean to touch any nerves with the "fixing" thing! I've never ridden with anyone fuck footed so I wasn't sure if it was a big limitation or not, sounds like it's definitely not!

I'm one of the most fuck footed people there is and I'm highly triggered by your comments.

kidding obviously haha it's a blessing and a curse being fuck footed.

I feel like I learn opposite tricks a lot easier, but at the same time some tricks are much harder. like tail whips were a pain in the ass to learn, I have to do opposite 180 barspins or 180 oppo barspins if I wanna 180 bar, and the list goes on. on the other hand, some opposite tricks come really easy to me like feeble oppo 180, oppo wallrides, and some others I'm forgetting.

|

6/29/2018 8:02 PM

fooby wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I'm one of the most fuck footed people there is and I'm highly triggered by your comments.

kidding obviously haha it's a blessing and a curse being fuck footed.

I feel like I learn opposite tricks a lot easier, but at the same time some tricks are much harder. like tail whips were a pain in the ass to learn, I have to do opposite 180 barspins or 180 oppo barspins if I wanna 180 bar, and the list goes on. on the other hand, some opposite tricks come really easy to me like feeble oppo 180, oppo wallrides, and some others I'm forgetting.

Me and you both , but I’m learning “switch bars” to correct it , but ya whips are gonna be a hard one . But switch whips looks way better so I’m cool with it

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/29/2018 8:09 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Me and you both , but I’m learning “switch bars” to correct it , but ya whips are gonna be a hard one . But switch whips looks way better so I’m cool with it

I actually do barspins the proper way, one thing I'm not fucked on haha but I learned oppo ones so I could learn 180 bars and trucks but they're quite difficult doing in spins

but yeah "oppo" whips are a pain in the ass cause you can't just catch your front foot when it comes around, you gotta get completely over the frame to do that. they took awhile but years later they're still one of the coolest feeling tricks to land

|