Would anyone recommend Cult x Van's tires for street riding?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/23/2020 12:48 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

A lot of people dont do this but take the tire off the wheel completely and squeeze it anywhere that looks like a hole. Sometimes it wont be visible from the outside and it doesnt poke through on the inside until the tire is pumped up and you compress the tire on a hop or landing.

I find small chunks of glass or sharp rocks all the time like that. I dig out the debris with a sharp knife or a steel pick while squeezing the tire.

p1p1092 wrote:

I do that from time to time. Once I'm sure I have everything out of the holes, I'll put rubber glue down into each hole and leave it to set. Afterwards, I sand off any excess glue and rub a little chalk dust around the whole tyre, just in case some of the glue is still sticky. Just means there's no easy way for gravel/glass to get in and poke a hole in the tube.

I never considered trying to seal the holes. They stay shut pretty good?

|

1/23/2020 1:06 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Yeah. I've had the same tyres since November 2017 and if you look close, you can see hundreds of places where I've done it that are still sealed.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

1/23/2020 2:42 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

I do that from time to time. Once I'm sure I have everything out of the holes, I'll put rubber glue down into each hole and leave it to set. Afterwards, I sand off any excess glue and rub a little chalk dust around the whole tyre, just in case some of the glue is still sticky. Just means there's no easy way for gravel/glass to get in and poke a hole in the tube.

Bulletpup wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Yeah. I've had the same tyres since November 2017 and if you look close, you can see hundreds of places where I've done it that are still sealed.

Nice, Ill give that a try next time I do some maintenance.

|