Would anyone run this on their bike?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/3/2020 6:07 AM

25 teeth. Straight no bends.
I've seen this up for sale a few times now. Thoughts?
|

1/3/2020 6:18 AM

If I was in a pinch, probably, I'd triple check that its actually straight. Teeth don't look like their super bad.

But also, if this guy isn't selling that thing for a price where you could just risk it try it out (under 20), then don't even get it, just save and buy a brand new sprocket for 45 lol.

|

Straight Simpin'

1/3/2020 7:10 AM

The seller wants less than $10 for it. It's not practical for me to buy it because of international postage costs.

I was thinking it wouldn't be worth running even for free due to extra chain and driver wear. But I don't have a good handle on these things because I've never worn out a.micro drive sprocket before. You've got me wondering if I'm just wasteful now.

|

1/3/2020 7:19 AM

wouldnt even consider it.

|

1/3/2020 7:31 AM

Beamex wrote:

The seller wants less than $10 for it. It's not practical for me to buy it because of international postage costs.

I was thinking it wouldn't be worth running even for free due to extra chain and driver wear. But I don't have a good handle on these things because I've never worn out a.micro drive sprocket before. You've got me wondering if I'm just wasteful now.

Like I said, I'd have to REALLY be in a pinch for it, but most likely not.

|

Straight Simpin'

1/3/2020 7:36 AM

buy that shit and sprocket grind every ledge in your village.

|

1/3/2020 8:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/3/2020 8:40 AM

Just sold two brand new sprockets and two brand new chains for $40 if I recall, shipped. Wouldn't touch that thing. Patience, grasshopper.

https://m.vitalbmx.com/forums/BMX-Stuff-For-Sale,17/S-M-Fit-Fork-Bars-Stem-Sprockets-Chain,1323104

|

1/3/2020 8:43 AM

Check local facebook groups-I've seen and sold stuff REALLY cheap. I just sold an Odyssey MDS for 10 bucks like 2 weeks ago.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/3/2020 8:50 AM

toss it in the garbage

|

fack off

1/3/2020 9:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/3/2020 9:05 AM

I hate 25 tooth sprockets , god damn turtle speed shit , my mind is actually blown 25 tooth is the industry standard

|

1/3/2020 9:09 AM

Use it as a shuriken to take down some scooter kids.

|

1/3/2020 10:37 AM

No I wouldnt, not even for free would I put that on my bike, Id rather run chainless.

|

1/3/2020 12:29 PM

Looks pretty gnarly. I'd have to see it in person... & I'd probably need to be in a pinch and that was my only choice before I'd use it.

|

1/3/2020 2:57 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I hate 25 tooth sprockets , god damn turtle speed shit , my mind is actually blown 25 tooth is the industry standard

I was reading up on this recently and send like there's a lot of people that feel 28/9 is the sweet spot.

I've been looking for a guard sprocket and came across a good deal on a 33 tooth. I decided to pass though since wisdom says it puts too much stress on the driver.

See this thread for a good conversation on the subject.

|