Wrist hurts ?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/29/2013 2:19 AM

I used to bmx 3 years ago and one time i broke my right wrist. I healed and i went to bmx again. A year ago i was bmxing and my right wrist start to hurt really bad when i bunny hopped. I'm wondering if i work out my wrists and get them bigger and stronger if the pain won'n be there, I started to bmx again and it seems like it might be coming back.

|

7/29/2013 3:52 AM

u should get advice from a doctor for this one

|

7/29/2013 4:03 AM

I had problems for years, one day my wrist just gave out....fully collapsed while riding causing me to drop and fall onto my bars. I couldn't turn a door handle to open it without pain, didnt even have the strength to push it open. Stopped riding for some time then bought a wrist brace and starting riding with it always..after a few month everything seemed to go away, would just cruise around, keep it simple and started to notice I had no problems.... haven't used it since.

This is what I bought but the 661 version, it was the only brace I could find at the time that didnt cover the palm of your hand and allowed you to fully grab the bars without anything in between.

http://www.danscomp.com/products-SAFETYGEAR/633138/EVS_WB01_Wrist_Brace.html#

Through the situation you've been through Id strongly recommend get it.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

7/29/2013 4:10 AM

Theres tons of places online with this, just google it but this is the exact one I bought ..some places do have it cheaper.

http://sixsixone.com/pro-wrist-support

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

7/29/2013 10:02 AM

Higher upsweep on your bars will make your wrists hurt less. I ride with bars that have 3 degrees of upsweep and my wrists never hurt.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock
Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

7/29/2013 12:35 PM

this happened to me. what i did is i adjusted my bars forward a little bit so the angle and weight on your wrists is not so extreme

|

7/29/2013 12:46 PM

Stocksy wrote:

Higher upsweep on your bars will make your wrists hurt less. I ride with bars that have 3 degrees of upsweep and my wrists never hurt.

Bosh! This is exactly true... However there could be under lying problems with your wrists especially if you have broken one before. I think you should speak with your Doctor, explain what you get up to & see what he/she thinks. But there are good ways to take precautions. More Upsweep & a Wrist Brace should help quite a bit!

|

7/29/2013 9:27 PM

I don't want to ride a wrist brace, I think i just need to get my wrists stronger/bigger. 3 years ago i was really really skinny and my wrists were really weak.

|