Wrist tendon pain

Related:
Create New Tag

12/6/2018 11:05 AM

Hey guys. Since I got my new bike,I started to feel pain on my wrist. The top tube of the frame is too long, at 21.25. I'm thinking about getting a 21 inch, as my wrist didn't hurt when I rode my old bike which was 21. Could it also be the backseep of the bars? I ride 10 degree backsweep bars but I'm not sure if it affects anything. I've already the "land on your back tire more" tips, but I don't think it will help as I didn't have any problens when I ride the old one

|

12/6/2018 11:11 AM

It probably just needs strengthening. 1/4" longer toptube won't affect you much, it'll only affect how the bike feels. Bar sweep can have a bit of an affect, but you can usually just get used to it. What upsweep do your bars have? I get wrist pain if I ride anything under 2°. I could probably get used to it but I'd rather just have bars that feel comfortable

|

12/6/2018 11:21 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

It probably just needs strengthening. 1/4" longer toptube won't affect you much, it'll only affect how the bike feels. Bar sweep can have a bit of an affect, but you can usually just get used to it. What upsweep do your bars have? I get wrist pain if I ride anything under 2°. I could probably get used to it but I'd rather just have bars that feel comfortable

I ride volume captain bars which come in a 2 degree upsweep and 10 degree backsweep. I also have a lot of headset spacers, and a huge stem which has a 52mm reach and 34mm height. I feel like the pain could come from both, height and distance as the old bike has a 50mm long front load stem and it doesn't hurt my hands

|

12/6/2018 11:46 AM

Could you take the bars or stem off your old bike? Play around with what feels more comfortable. How tall are you?

|

12/6/2018 11:49 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

lil.pav wrote:

I ride volume captain bars which come in a 2 degree upsweep and 10 degree backsweep. I also have a lot of headset spacers, and a huge stem which has a 52mm reach and 34mm height. I feel like the pain could come from both, height and distance as the old bike has a 50mm long front load stem and it doesn't hurt my hands

I'm 6 feet tall. However, I can't use my front load stem now as I've stripped off the bolts

|

12/6/2018 12:05 PM

I wouldn't say 21.25 is excessively long for your height. Stripped the threads or just rounded the bolt?
I'm 6', can't ride anything shorter than 21", and have 8.85 bars and a frontload, with 10mm stack. Sounds like you prefer a lower front end like me. Take some spacers out and cut your forks down? Or get a new frontload? You might just get used to it. But it's personal preference really.

|

12/6/2018 1:59 PM

You’re going to go blind if you keep doing that

|

12/6/2018 2:07 PM

eskimojay wrote:

If you don't have anything helpful to say, then go away

|

12/6/2018 2:16 PM

eskimojay wrote:

lil.pav wrote:

🖕

|

12/6/2018 2:18 PM

eskimojay wrote:

lil.pav wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

🖕

Shove that finger up your ass dude. I didn't even say anything rude and you're just being a prick for no reason

|

12/6/2018 5:44 PM

eskimojay wrote:

😂😂😂😂😂

|

12/6/2018 8:13 PM

lil.pav wrote:

Hey guys. Since I got my new bike,I started to feel pain on my wrist. The top tube of the frame is too long, at 21.25. I'm thinking about getting a 21 inch, as my wrist didn't hurt when I rode my old bike which was 21. Could it also be the backseep of the bars? I ride 10 degree backsweep bars but I'm not sure if it affects anything. I've already the "land on your back tire more" tips, but I don't think it will help as I didn't have any problens when I ride the old one

I struggled with wrist pain for a long time...finally went away but pain has now shifted to my fingers and other joints lol.

As Steve said, it might just take time. I always thought my wrist pain was due to the smith grind learning process but I stopped doing them for quite a while and thepain persisted. I finally stopped focusing on the wrist pain and it went away.

I did hand stretches to help with the pain. Seemed to have positive results.

I still dont know what it was but it felt like fire...

|