Wtf? (Bone Deth)

Related:
Create New Tag

1/23/2014 11:45 AM

Photo

Am I the only one that finds this wrong? Why do people have to diss scooterers so hard for just doing what they enjoy? Yes I HATE those little snaking pricks that dont do shit and just get in the way, but in reality theres just as many skaters and bikers that do the same. Bonedeth lost so much respect in my book for this.
If you can be respectful to the park and everyone in it, idc what you ride.
|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


1/23/2014 11:51 AM

A big company like them shouldnt do things like that, the have a lots of influence.

|

RIDE OR DIE



THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

1/23/2014 11:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/23/2014 11:59 AM

Haha, yeah that is alittle harsh funny as hell though but honestly it's bonedeth what would you expect from them. i doubt they'd ever hold their tongues and say something they think other people will find nice or respectful (probably should but they dont)

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

1/23/2014 11:56 AM

little nigga shouldn't of tagged them deadman bars

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

1/23/2014 11:56 AM

I thought it was funny as fuck but then again I'm an asshole so…


Funny thing is, I looked into it and some scooter company makes a set of bars called the Deadman bars and that's the only reason he hashtagged it with that

|

1/23/2014 12:00 PM

Funny as fuck.

|

Instagram: MrDannyLeo

1/23/2014 12:02 PM

Hold up I'm trying to recuperate from that hit.....

Holy fuck man is that for real? I can't picture something like that coming from the deadman team (ok I probably can) but they have some legit stuff. If a scooter guy wants to rep them and support their brand by buying products then why hate? To be honest It kind of irks me bone deth posted something like that but bone deth kind of represents revolt and ride hard and fuck everything!!! So yes I didn't expect that from bone deth from a professional perspective and an upcoming company who is looking to make a difference in bmx. Although It kind of doesn't surprise me from a more "personal" perspective from looking at the videos and the sort of persona they carry themselves with.

Not sure if that makes sense or not. Will it put me off from buying bone death parts? Probably not for now, ive emailed them in the past and they seem to be generally cool and they support bmx. At the end of the day I think we have to remember that Bmx is a sport that promotes difference and uniqueness AND we all have different opinions and should respect those opinions.

I know some of you might be pissed at bone deth for this or for that. In my opinion I'm not really pissed just a bit confused . I've gotten hate from our own "bmx riders" for wearing a helmet or not riding pegs or wearing knee pads when riding. Do I hate on scooters? He'll no I don't, nor do I hate on inline skaters or skaters or any other sport....because I've been on the receiving end of that hate and shit ain't cool.

Hard bmx__tim send an email to bone deth over at their site send them a link to this thread and express how you feel. It might clear up a few things, can't jump to conclusions. Maybe they just dislike scooters. As long as they're not out there beating the shit out of someone or doing something other than expressing their opinions in a respectful manner it's all good. I've had skaters scream shit at me, random people scream shit at me, bmxers scream shit, at the end of the day that's their opinion and I'll continue doing what I do.

Im pretty calm right now in class trying to enjoy my day.... Might be why I'm not all flamed up or something.

|

1/23/2014 12:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/23/2014 12:08 PM

T-rider wrote:

A big company like them shouldnt do things like that, the have a lots of influence.

They are not really a big company. While I do agree that they have a certain influence over people, we have to remember that the people running the business are riders just like us. What I get from bone deth is "be yourself and just live a little" people shouldn't be trying to do "death gaps" because they look up to bone deth riders. Be yourself and do what you like..... I think that's what's important here.

And to be honest I've heard and seen more harsh shit from our own "forum members". People on this same forum diss scooters and talk shit about skateboarders.... Bone deth should be professional? What exactly is professional in the bmx industry? Your trying to sell shit too a bunch of hormonal teenagers and pre teenagers who change opinions faster than they change shorts.



Like I said if you guys are displeased contact bone deth and let them know how you feel.

|

1/23/2014 12:11 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I thought it was funny as fuck but then again I'm an asshole so…


Funny thing is, I looked into it and some scooter company makes a set of bars called the Deadman bars and that's the only reason he hashtagged it with that

Yes it looks like some kid tagged bone deths deadman bars and he was actually hoping to tag another company's product.

Think about it guys you can't put bone deth deadman bars for BIKES on a scooter....

|

1/23/2014 12:12 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

Yes it looks like some kid tagged bone deths deadman bars and he was actually hoping to tag another company's product.

Think about it guys you can't put bone deth deadman bars for BIKES on a scooter....

You CAN, I've seen scooter kids here put bmx bars on scooters before. I first thought they tagged deadmanbars because the bends kinda look like the bondeth bars until I looked into it

|

1/23/2014 12:12 PM

http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/General-BMX-Talk,2/Skateboards,1291542


Perfect example... People bashing on skateboards on this thread.

|

1/23/2014 12:14 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I thought it was funny as fuck but then again I'm an asshole so…


Funny thing is, I looked into it and some scooter company makes a set of bars called the Deadman bars and that's the only reason he hashtagged it with that

Aav1996 wrote:

Yes it looks like some kid tagged bone deths deadman bars and he was actually hoping to tag another company's product.

Think about it guys you can't put bone deth deadman bars for BIKES on a scooter....

sundaybmxRR wrote:

You CAN, I've seen scooter kids here put bmx bars on scooters before. I first thought they tagged deadmanbars because the bends kinda look like the bondeth bars until I looked into it

O, we'll I wasn't aware of that tongue I'd imagine bmx bars on scooters would look kinda funky like those small bars on fixies.

|

1/23/2014 12:18 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

O, we'll I wasn't aware of that tongue I'd imagine bmx bars on scooters would look kinda funky like those small bars on fixies.

They look weird haha, from google
Photo

|

1/23/2014 12:36 PM

T-rider wrote:

A big company like them shouldnt do things like that, the have a lots of influence.

Aav1996 wrote:

They are not really a big company. While I do agree that they have a certain influence over people, we have to remember that the people running the business are riders just like us. What I get from bone deth is "be yourself and just live a little" people shouldn't be trying to do "death gaps" because they look up to bone deth riders. Be yourself and do what you like..... I think that's what's important here.

And to be honest I've heard and seen more harsh shit from our own "forum members". People on this same forum diss scooters and talk shit about skateboarders.... Bone deth should be professional? What exactly is professional in the bmx industry? Your trying to sell shit too a bunch of hormonal teenagers and pre teenagers who change opinions faster than they change shorts.



Like I said if you guys are displeased contact bone deth and let them know how you feel.

Everybody knows about bonedeth stuff, but they are a little too old to talk shit about kids riding scootera. I feel like lots not right.

|

RIDE OR DIE



THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

1/23/2014 12:45 PM

T-rider wrote:

A big company like them shouldnt do things like that, the have a lots of influence.

Bone Deth is hardly a big company if you ask me.

I find this pretty funny to be honest.My view on Scooters is that they are little kids toys that are taking over the BMX market. If you don't think they are taking over the BMX market then consider how many kids you see starting scootering to how many you see starting BMXing. 3-4 Years ago a scooter was only thought of as a little kids toy. Now there are easily more scooterers in the UK than BMXers, despite BMX having been around ~10x longer.

|

1/23/2014 12:58 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Bone Deth is hardly a big company if you ask me.

I find this pretty funny to be honest.My view on Scooters is that they are little kids toys that are taking over the BMX market. If you don't think they are taking over the BMX market then consider how many kids you see starting scootering to how many you see starting BMXing. 3-4 Years ago a scooter was only thought of as a little kids toy. Now there are easily more scooterers in the UK than BMXers, despite BMX having been around ~10x longer.

A nice bike that wont break down every so often and need new expensive parts to fix = $500+

A decent scooter that requires little to no maintenance at all and parts are cheap to replace= $80

If a quality bike was $80 im sure there would be alot less scooterers. Not everyone can afford a nice bike. Half the kids I know who scooter bought a cheap ($200-300) bike and broke a part on it such as a wheel, forks, or bars and decided they could just get a quality scooter for the price of replacing that part if not cheaper.

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


1/23/2014 1:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/23/2014 1:02 PM

T-rider wrote:

Everybody knows about bonedeth stuff, but they are a little too old to talk shit about kids riding scootera. I feel like lots not right.

You can say everybody is too old about everything. That's a cliche statement. My neighbor down the block thinks 15 is too old to be riding little kids bikes. My uncle thinks 16 is too old to drive his kids to school everyday. The crazy old lady down the street thinks I'm too old to be fucking around and having fun. Your too old to do this.....your too old to do that.... grow up already. The other day I was racing a bud of mine through the subway station (just having fun) and some dude decides that we're too old to be running around and laughing about life. It's people like that, who dull life and make it plain boring and simple.

I think your missing the point i'm trying to state. Everyone has an opinion and we are entitled to our own opinions. I see plenty of "Adults" act like immature spoiled brats everyday. Whether people complain because the line in McDonalds is taking too long or complain because the Bus doesn't arrive on time. I never once said I thought it was right that bone deth posted something like that about scooters. I don't bash on scooters or any other kind of sport.

We don't know the whole story behind that post. I find it kind of ironic that you state "they are a little too old to talk shit about kids riding..." because in societal views we are all too old to be riding little kids bikes. We are all too old to be "having fun".

If bone deth just posted that for no reason then it's their opinion. You ever wonder why "celebrities" and "famous people" sometimes say being famous isn't all that? Because society puts them on a pedestal and watches their every move waiting for them too fuck up and when they fuck up they rub it in their face like they're perfect. Running a business isn't easy either, you have to watch what you say and if you say something you regret saying you get bashed on and treated like shit.

And too be frankly honest no one is perfect, I think people are over-exaggerating this.

|

1/23/2014 1:01 PM

scooters were around before the term 'BMX' was coined.

|

1/23/2014 1:04 PM

T-rider wrote:

A big company like them shouldnt do things like that, the have a lots of influence.

BMX_Forever wrote:

Bone Deth is hardly a big company if you ask me.

I find this pretty funny to be honest.My view on Scooters is that they are little kids toys that are taking over the BMX market. If you don't think they are taking over the BMX market then consider how many kids you see starting scootering to how many you see starting BMXing. 3-4 Years ago a scooter was only thought of as a little kids toy. Now there are easily more scooterers in the UK than BMXers, despite BMX having been around ~10x longer.

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

A nice bike that wont break down every so often and need new expensive parts to fix = $500+

A decent scooter that requires little to no maintenance at all and parts are cheap to replace= $80

If a quality bike was $80 im sure there would be alot less scooterers. Not everyone can afford a nice bike. Half the kids I know who scooter bought a cheap ($200-300) bike and broke a part on it such as a wheel, forks, or bars and decided they could just get a quality scooter for the price of replacing that part if not cheaper.

Oh yeah I get that, it's still a shame though.

|

1/23/2014 1:07 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Bone Deth is hardly a big company if you ask me.

I find this pretty funny to be honest.My view on Scooters is that they are little kids toys that are taking over the BMX market. If you don't think they are taking over the BMX market then consider how many kids you see starting scootering to how many you see starting BMXing. 3-4 Years ago a scooter was only thought of as a little kids toy. Now there are easily more scooterers in the UK than BMXers, despite BMX having been around ~10x longer.

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

A nice bike that wont break down every so often and need new expensive parts to fix = $500+

A decent scooter that requires little to no maintenance at all and parts are cheap to replace= $80

If a quality bike was $80 im sure there would be alot less scooterers. Not everyone can afford a nice bike. Half the kids I know who scooter bought a cheap ($200-300) bike and broke a part on it such as a wheel, forks, or bars and decided they could just get a quality scooter for the price of replacing that part if not cheaper.

BMX_Forever wrote:

Oh yeah I get that, it's still a shame though.

Not to mention a 20" is a childrens bicycle aswell..

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


1/23/2014 2:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/23/2014 2:08 PM

Fuck scooters. + respect for bonedeth

|

1/23/2014 3:16 PM

You guys are too old to be complaining about stuff. Or is it too young to be complaining about stuff.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

1/23/2014 3:26 PM

fuck scooters. bone deth is awesome!

|

This week's Sweet Shoutout goes to: biggybuggy!

1/23/2014 3:45 PM

Another reason not to support bonedeth.

|

1/23/2014 3:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/23/2014 3:56 PM

i find it kinda funny that some of you guys are surprised by this, it is bonedeath were talking about here.

|

1/23/2014 4:45 PM

Do you think burns gives a single fuck.. It's burns, he can rep his brand whatever way he want to. I like the image they put out there it's different

|

Bang Bang bmx

1/23/2014 4:47 PM

Fondue wrote:

Another reason not to support bonedeth.

what other reasons are there??

|

This week's Sweet Shoutout goes to: biggybuggy!

1/24/2014 12:20 AM

I think its more them saying we dont like scooters and we didnt make these we arent sellouts. Its burns. He can do whatever he wants.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

1/24/2014 12:39 AM

Fondue wrote:

Another reason not to support bonedeth.

Photo

You're more butthurt than me
|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

1/24/2014 6:18 AM

I won't buy Bone Deth, but that is because I don't really care to. Has nothing to do with this, BUT to me this is harmful to BMX. Yes, have your opinion, yes, express it, BUT be ready to accept the consequences. If that kid was gonna buy a BMX, getting bashed from a BMX company could prevent him from buying one.

So, say what you will, but be aware, EVERYONE ELSE can do the same thing, and chances are good you won't have the same opinions.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura