Wtf? (Bone Deth)

Related:
Create New Tag

1/24/2014 7:19 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I won't buy Bone Deth, but that is because I don't really care to. Has nothing to do with this, BUT to me this is harmful to ...more

This...all day long.

I don't support Bonedeth due to their marketing. I'm not naive though. I understand sex sells, but that doesn't mean I have to give them my money when there's plenty of brands out there with better products and image.

It's not "butthurt" - it's having higher standards. I could make the argument that Bonedeth's products suck ass and they have to use tits and ass to sell them, but I don't have any experience with their products.

Many people on this site and others hate on Cult for their image. Whatever that may be. I haven't like Bonedeth for their image since finding out about their existence. But I never said anything. However, this incidence is different. Bonedeth, via IG, instructed their followers to "bash" this kid. That's cyberbullying. Whether or not you agree with me - that's what it is - and I won't support it.

|

1/24/2014 8:46 AM

Who cares

|

It’s all bmx

1/24/2014 8:48 AM

Welcome to the real world. It isnt all rainbows and unicorns. If getting "bashed" is going to stop a kid from buying a bike then he wouldn't have lasted long anyway. People are mean, always have and always will be. Just the way nature is. If you don't like what someone is doing then don't support them or call them out then don't support. Getting all bent out of shape on a forum means you're doing exactly what the want you to do, talk about them.

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher



1/24/2014 8:53 AM

They don't give a fuck I mean the porn hub, vibrator seat, I think the above ig post fits their persona pretty well. I don't necessarily agree with a company bullying, but it would be different if say fit or odyssey made this type of post because it would be uncharacteristic.

Oh and this ">

|

1/24/2014 8:55 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I won't buy Bone Deth, but that is because I don't really care to. Has nothing to do with this, BUT to me this is harmful to ...more

Fondue wrote:

This...all day long.

I don't support Bonedeth due to their marketing. I'm not naive though. I understand sex sells, but that ...more

100%

|

1/24/2014 2:26 PM

lol

|

Refs: Four x4, Dolphin, BrokenBMX, Tomdon, ecuadevil...

1/24/2014 3:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/24/2014 3:12 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I won't buy Bone Deth, but that is because I don't really care to. Has nothing to do with this, BUT to me this is harmful to ...more

Fondue wrote:

This...all day long.

I don't support Bonedeth due to their marketing. I'm not naive though. I understand sex sells, but that ...more

killjonken wrote:

100%

I said it once and i'll say it again. If you guys are displeased email Bone Deth clear up the air and see what really went down. Shit I'll even make this easier for you guys contact@bonedethbmx.com. Also a little reminder be civil about what you want to say and talk it over, going on here and stating how you don't support someone or something isn't really going to be beneficial too anyone.

This forum is just talk, I doubt anyone would actually email them and try to have a civil conversation over what they chose too do. Everyone jumps the gun when someone slips up but no one looks at themselves. I could go into all of our profiles and look at the past posts and find something utterly retarded and hateful in all of our accounts (yes including mine).

Bone Deth's targeted audience consists of hormonal teenagers and early adults the Bmx industry isn't big enough for it to be a regularity for a 45 yr old buying a bmx bike. Hormonal teenagers love too see tits and ass because that's what they talk about 80% of the time. It's a marketable strategy... ever wonder why Budweiser commercials have "Men drinking beer after a 'long days work' because they are targeting people over the age of 21". They sell you an image which captivates you and drags you in too their product but I guess people don't see it as a market stragety which is why your instinctively attracted to the brand. You feel like "a man after a long days work" buying the beer but wheres the fun in getting so fucked up you don't remember last night? It ain't fun if you can't remember it. It's the same thing in the Bmx industry they show you a cool picture of someone doing a 360 or a tit shot and your all over their product.I also understand there are plenty of brands out there with better products and images you have every right too support whoever you want.

No one does any talking through anymore. I have no idea how or why I even post on these forum boards....

For someone to have standards you first have to define "Standard" and take into consideration your standard is different from other peoples standards. just because you think you have a better standard than everyone else doesn't make it so. People experience life differently and they react to life differently.

I don't support the bashing and putting down of other people but I just call things out how I see them.

-You've been Told

|

1/24/2014 3:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/24/2014 3:21 PM

Ricked_Em wrote:

Welcome to the real world. It isnt all rainbows and unicorns. If getting "bashed" is going to stop a kid from buying a bike ...more

As harsh as this sounds.... I have too agree with it.

I've put up with shit from Bmxers, skaters, "friends", society, parents, everyone that can bash on you will most likely bash on you. You want to do something then do it, fuck what other people say only you know what you want.

The world isn't always a nice place. If you guys put the same amount of effort you do in writing shit on these forums and bashing on other people into helping others and trying to motivate someone we'd be in a far better place. BUT WE DON'T.... we just sit here, talk and do nothing about it.

So in that sense how are we any different than the guy who bashes on scooters if we see it happen and no one says anything?

|

1/24/2014 3:21 PM

^^^ I get what you're saying at all, but I really don't think Bonedeth would give a shit at all if someone messaged them like

"hi, in regards to your instagram photo where you bashed scooter riding & even told others to bash them, I found that was really hateful & I don't like it"

If I was reading that, I would think "Grow a pair of nuts & suck it up", Bonedeth might even say it.

|

1/24/2014 3:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/24/2014 3:46 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

^^^ I get what you're saying at all, but I really don't think Bonedeth would give a shit at all if someone messaged them like ...more

I'll message them myself smile

Keep posted,

Edit: It's done now too wait....

|

1/24/2014 3:46 PM

Aav1996, you just said that Bone Deth's audience consists of hormonal teenagers and early adults, etc. This is why it would be pointless for this 41 year old to email them. My response to them is to spend my money elsewhere. I'm not trying to get them to change their marketing. However, making a statement like go bash this child/kid/person whatever, is at the least unprofessional and at worst potentially dangerous to the person they say to go bash.

As for what really went down, I saw the post at the beginning of this thread. Is there more? Then post it. If not, then fine. I've made my decision.

|

1/24/2014 3:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/24/2014 4:00 PM

Fondue wrote:

Aav1996, you just said that Bone Deth's audience consists of hormonal teenagers and early adults, etc. This is why it would be ...more

You could say it's pointless of me emailing them also because that's just who they are.... sometimes doing "pointless" things are all it takes smile

I didn't email them screaming shit at them I just emailed explaining that they have a lot of power over kids and influence.

|

1/24/2014 4:04 PM

Fondue wrote:

Aav1996, you just said that Bone Deth's audience consists of hormonal teenagers and early adults, etc. This is why it would be ...more

Aav1996 wrote:

You could say it's pointless of me emailing them also because that's just who they are.... sometimes doing "pointless" things ...more

I applaud your effort and appreciate it. I do want to hear what they say...if anything.

|

1/24/2014 4:42 PM

Call me out if you want, but I didn't care for Bone Deth from their inception. This just makes me wonder how a company owner would they feel if they found out that scooter kid killed himself after being harassed by a bunch of asshats on the internet because they were told to by the OWNER? Honestly, I just don't understand why so many people think it is ok to be dicks about something so trivial, especially when it is something like this where there are multiple products with the same name as stated above.

Why would you EVER ostracize a potential customer? The kid is into scooters, chances are he likes BMX at least watching it. What if he graduated to a BMX? After a company called for him to be flamed online, he wouldn't TOUCH any of their stuff, if even a bike.

At the very least it is a stupid thing to do from a business standpoint, and just makes him look like a jerk to me. I would rather see a company owner correct them politely, or even just delete the tag?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/24/2014 4:49 PM

If I understand these tags at all, the fact that the scooter kid tagged their product's name would send his scooter buds to them. It's utterly moronic. Should I be surprised though? Look at this gimmick...I mean brand.

|

1/24/2014 4:55 PM

When did bmx fill up with a bunch of pussies .........oh no a company used tits and ass my virgin eyes , I won't support them because of that

You guys are are ridiculous

|

1/24/2014 4:55 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Call me out if you want, but I didn't care for Bone Deth from their inception. This just makes me wonder how a company owner ...more

I understand.... I'm even thinking of taking off all my bone deth stickers I have on my bike.... I wanted to send the scooter kid that got bashed on a message telling him too not mind the hate but I don't have an instagram.... Well I do but I forgot the password.

If any of you have an instagram *cough* *cough* send the kid a message of support and.... post it on your instagram wall if you want to do something about it.

Something like "When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same, out there for the fun of it, the challenge of progression, and the personal accountability we have for the results we get. There are no teams to let down, no coaches to scream about a missed pedal, and no obstacles that cannot be overcome."

Add a little....when you talk about skating, bmxing, scooters, inliners,..... we are all the same. You too can play a part in this, just letting you know. You said " found out that scooter kid killed himself after being harassed by a bunch of asshats on the internet because they were told to by the OWNER?" what if instead of the owner finding out some kid killed himself the bmx industry finds out a group of bmxers sent a message to the kid and supported him? What if... instead of a bunch of kids riding a companies dick they all turned around and did their own thing and stood up for themselves once in their lives?

I got something in my mind I'll post it up once it's done. This hating on each other is getting old

|

1/24/2014 4:58 PM

eskimojay wrote:

When did bmx fill up with a bunch of pussies .........oh no a company used tits and ass my virgin eyes , I won't support them ...more

I think that's not the issue with some of the guys on here... Shit I like those quick shots.

The issue is regarding a company bashing on a kid and telling their followers to go hate on the kid. He got a shit load of "The whole bmx generation hates you".

And since when is bmx about being "tough"? what does being a pussy have to do with better standards?

|

1/24/2014 4:59 PM

Seems ridiculous and immature. I wouldn't use a brand's image as an excuse not to buy it (unless it was absolutely moronic), but i also wouldn't use it as a reason to want to buy it either. I'm 22, and even i'd feel like a twat saying "hurhurhur, i've got a Porn Hub :D". They are ridiculous and i expect no higher level of maturity from a company with such a marketing scheme.

Having said that, as a company, it's fucking disgraceful to treat somebody that way. Whether that's their style or not, it's unprofessional, and Fondue is right with it being cyber bullying... If it was me that they'd sent that message to/about they'd currently be filling my bank account with a wedge of cashmonies.

Anybody that thinks what they did was funny or doesn't see what's wrong with it is a fucking moron.

|

1/24/2014 5:01 PM

Live fast, crash and burn... I guess everything falls in place....

Can't say it was unexpected....

|

1/24/2014 5:04 PM

eskimojay wrote:

When did bmx fill up with a bunch of pussies .........oh no a company used tits and ass my virgin eyes , I won't support them ...more

this.

|

1/24/2014 7:14 PM

You can't really patent a crossbar design. Lame on Bone Deth's part. poor kid

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/25/2014 1:26 AM

"cyber bullying"
Photo

|

I come from a land known as BMX-Forum.

refs: pcoco(x2), aw1234512, bmxscout48, DARECK(trade), Showtime402, and a couple others from BMX-Forum

1/25/2014 9:13 AM

^^^ lol

|

1/25/2014 10:26 AM

This thread is what's wrong with the world in its simplest form.
Don't like something? Bitch about it, do nothing, cry.
Fine, fuck you for being a pushover asshat bitch. Lol!!!

Aav1996 has the right of it. DON'T JUST WHINE AND BITCH. DO SOMETHING.
Want to fix the world?
Great.
But don't talk about it. BE about it.

My 2 cents.

|

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

1/25/2014 11:13 AM

That makes a lot of sense man^

|

RIDE OR DIE



THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

1/26/2014 2:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/26/2014 2:37 PM

And..... They Responded...

It was like I assumed, Bone Deth doesn't give a shit. Basically the scooter kid either purposely or mistakenly tagged deadman bars and he got bashed on.

The response was pretty lengthy so I'll sum it up for you guys....

Bone Deth isn't composed of "saintly" people, we understand your point, everyone is entitled to their opinion (freedom of speech). At the end of the day... We're Bone Deth.

Basically it's who they are. I'm curious to know if anyone on here who felt bad for the kid messaged him? Anyways, Bone Deth Stickers are staying on my bike.

|

1/26/2014 3:20 PM

kwc92 wrote:

"cyber bullying"
Photo

The only difference from cyber bullying and real life bullying is the computer.

You harass some kid to his face, you are bullying. You harass him online, you are bullying. The biggest difference is that when doing so online, you are using technology to do so from your own home.

If you are getting advice from a twitter account claiming to be an entertainer, you are looking in the wrong places. Try talking to the parents who had their kid commit suicide because asshats were harassing them online and then tell me it is not real, or that it is a joke.

Regardless, Bone Deth can have this "Misfits punk rock/metal" look and NOT be complete assholes to others. You all whine we have nowhere to ride legally, THIS KIND OF SHIT IS WHY IT IS SO HARD TO GET A LEGAL PLACE TO GO. People see this kind of crap and think ALL BMXERS are shit heads to everyone, and they think "Why should we give these lil bastards a place to go if all they will do is trash it and harass people?"

It also hurts the popularity, it only brings sketchy kids to riding if that is all they see...some leather jacket wearing wallet chain guy being an ass to everyone, that's gonna make kids think twice about riding.

Seriously, there is too much hate between all the sports that use the same terrain lately. It honestly pisses me off. 2 wheels, 4 wheels, who the hell HONESTLY cares? How many of you see a scooter and flip shit? How about a skater? Why can't people pull their heads out of their asses and just fucking get along?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/26/2014 9:06 PM

yolo
|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting