|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/23/2013 9:36 AM

that actually looks kinda dope!!!

|

sponsored by: Banz Grind Wax

BIKE CHECK

7/23/2013 9:53 AM

Hahahahaha those look like shit.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

7/23/2013 11:10 AM

I'd ride em 19 mm spindle fuck ya.... Holes are lame though

|

7/23/2013 11:40 AM

They're actually really good cranks when you look past the holes. The dude that owns The Set also said that if you were to ever break them due to the holes he would replace them & give you a shit load of The Set goodies for the hassle of warrantying them!

|

7/23/2013 11:43 AM

Weight weeny bullshit

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

7/23/2013 11:48 AM

Topsey wrote:

They're actually really good cranks when you look past the holes. The dude that owns The Set also said that if you were to ever break them due to the holes he would replace them & give you a shit load of The Set goodies for the hassle of warrantying them!

That makes them more worth it, i just seen holes in cranks and was like wtf is this haha

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/23/2013 12:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/23/2013 12:02 PM

I'm pretty sure Brad Simms rode those for awhile with no problems.

|

7/23/2013 12:12 PM

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

That makes them more worth it, i just seen holes in cranks and was like wtf is this haha

There was a big thread about it on another forum i used to frequent & the owner of The Set actually came on & said about the whole warranty thing. He said all the team members (Including Brad Simms at one point) had never broken them, not even with the holes in the arms. I love the shape of the Crank Arms, i just cannot look past the holes! If they didn't have the holes i think i would look past the 19mm spindle & buy them!

|

7/23/2013 12:29 PM

Topsey wrote:

There was a big thread about it on another forum i used to frequent & the owner of The Set actually came on & said about the whole warranty thing. He said all the team members (Including Brad Simms at one point) had never broken them, not even with the holes in the arms. I love the shape of the Crank Arms, i just cannot look past the holes! If they didn't have the holes i think i would look past the 19mm spindle & buy them!

The design just makes them look bad haha. Just curious what's wrong with 19mm spindles? I had profiles and plan to get another pair I didn't have any problems. I figure maybe you could explain best haha.

|

7/23/2013 12:36 PM

good idea to save weight, unless the arms fill up with debris over time

|

In midschool bike rides you.

7/23/2013 12:45 PM

Four wrote:

The design just makes them look bad haha. Just curious what's wrong with 19mm spindles? I had profiles and plan to get another pair I didn't have any problems. I figure maybe you could explain best haha.

I have pretty much always ridden Primo Cranks. I switched to Profiles & they just don't feel as stiff TBH. There really isn't a lot to explain about this one actually. The Larger the Crank Spindle technically the stiffer it should feel. But some people might never notice it. Like i said i have been running Primo Cranks forever, I tried Profiles & it just didn't feel right. I've ridden Eclat Tibias so its not the shape of the Crank Arm so to me it must be the spindle. Once again I've ridden Twombolts, now those things where stiff as fuck! Like ankle breaking stiff haha. I'm going to Try the Fit 24mm Indents soon & If i'm not keen i will probably be back on Hollowbites.

|

7/23/2013 12:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/23/2013 12:50 PM

Topsey wrote:

I have pretty much always ridden Primo Cranks. I switched to Profiles & they just don't feel as stiff TBH. There really isn't a lot to explain about this one actually. The Larger the Crank Spindle technically the stiffer it should feel. But some people might never notice it. Like i said i have been running Primo Cranks forever, I tried Profiles & it just didn't feel right. I've ridden Eclat Tibias so its not the shape of the Crank Arm so to me it must be the spindle. Once again I've ridden Twombolts, now those things where stiff as fuck! Like ankle breaking stiff haha. I'm going to Try the Fit 24mm Indents soon & If i'm not keen i will probably be back on Hollowbites.

Ah I thought there was like a reason like they broke easy haha. So it's basically a personal preference type thing? Yeah my profiles didn't really flex at all and were pretty good but I lost the sprocket bolt so I sold them ha. I thought about eclats and odysseys but will probably just get profiles, really most cranks felt the same to me, same with forks I hardly notice a difference.

|

7/23/2013 12:54 PM

Yup for me its preference! I have never broken a 19mm spindle Crankset. I've seen a few Profile Spindles Twist & the odd one bend, that you will not see on a Square/22mm Spindle. But yeah i just prefer how the the larger Spindles make the Crankset feel.

|

7/23/2013 1:19 PM

Topsey wrote:

Yup for me its preference! I have never broken a 19mm spindle Crankset. I've seen a few Profile Spindles Twist & the odd one bend, that you will not see on a Square/22mm Spindle. But yeah i just prefer how the the larger Spindles make the Crankset feel.

Yeah I've heard of some people breaking them but haven't seen it yet. Ughh I'm debating between profiles and tibias now -__- kinda leaning towards profiles. I hate buying new parts too many options haha.

|

7/23/2013 1:21 PM

Tibias are some of the best cranks on the market. I'm being Serial now! GET THE TIBIAS! Never look back!laughing

|

7/23/2013 1:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/23/2013 1:28 PM

Topsey wrote:

Tibias are some of the best cranks on the market. I'm being Serial now! GET THE TIBIAS! Never look back!laughing

I was thinking those, profiles with a ti spindle or odysseys. Kinda leaning towards profiles but I gotta few hours to think before I order haha. I'd like to get flys but don't wanna break them again haha.

|

7/23/2013 1:32 PM

Dolmens look so good but the pedal boss is just wank lol.
Profiles with a Ti Spindle are Crazy Light! I might let you off if you got the Column 22mm ones though, those are pretty damn nice. Tibias like i said are some of the best Cranks on the market.
Odysseys are crazy stiff, piece of piss to install, light, strong, great cranks really.

|

7/23/2013 1:37 PM

Topsey wrote:

Dolmens look so good but the pedal boss is just wank lol.
Profiles with a Ti Spindle are Crazy Light! I might let you off if you got the Column 22mm ones though, those are pretty damn nice. Tibias like i said are some of the best Cranks on the market.
Odysseys are crazy stiff, piece of piss to install, light, strong, great cranks really.

Yeah I'd probably just get gdh profiles if i get them. 24 oz cranks are a bit light. 27.8 or whatever is already really light. I'm pretty much between tibias and profiles. I'm thinking profiles now and if I don't like them get some secondhand tibias. The odysseys do seem annoying to install haha.

|

7/23/2013 1:43 PM

Honestly the Odysseys are great, I love my Twombolts. I have the Flatware ones with the socket drive sprocket which makes them even easier to install! I can see it being MEGA annoying if the elaccy band that holds the cluster together broke though! but with the new thicker one that shouldn't happen. I have a specific build planned so the Fit 24mm Indents are a must but i'd go with the Odyssey Cranks again for sure sometime in the future.

Try & track down the Tibias, you wont regret it buddy. They are REALLY, REALLY good Cranks!

|

7/23/2013 1:44 PM

I want Tibias so bad. But i have about $350 of other stuff I need more.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

7/23/2013 6:59 PM

Topsey wrote:

Twisted my Chromo Powerbite spindle.

Yes, it was the spindle, I replaced it and the were perfect again.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/23/2013 8:30 PM

holes in parts keep me away from them because if its for weight theyre sacrificing strength. i know no one on the team has broken them or whatever but if the wholes werent there they would be stronger. i dont ride that hard but strength is more important than weight.

|

I dont say stupid things, just no one knows what im talking about.

7/24/2013 5:34 AM

G-LandRider wrote:

holes in parts keep me away from them because if its for weight theyre sacrificing strength. i know no one on the team has broken them or whatever but if the wholes werent there they would be stronger. i dont ride that hard but strength is more important than weight.

If they welded in smaller tubes to the holes, the cranks would be stiffer.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/24/2013 7:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/24/2013 7:30 AM

Looks like a good place for poisonous spiders to hide in. hahahhaa

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)