X Games

Related:
Create New Tag

7/14/2017 8:39 PM

Who's watching? Who's here? What do you think?

There's a quarter on the dirt course and James Foster did a barspin to triple downside tailwhip...

|

7/14/2017 9:33 PM

What happened with nasty ? He got a last minute invite then all of the sudden he's not in there ?

|

7/14/2017 11:03 PM

eskimojay wrote:

What happened with nasty ? He got a last minute invite then all of the sudden he's not in there ?

I'm not in-the-know on this, but it's my understanding that he was the first alternate (meaning if someone pulled out, he would be in the contest). I'm not certain if he knew that leading into the event or was under the impression he was actually in the contest (like we all were), but either way, weird deal and bummer for him.

It seems like he dropped everything and hopped on a last minute flight to get out here. Definitely shitty to go through all that and not get to compete.

|

7/15/2017 12:10 AM

Haven't seen anything yet but Garrett won , what a surprise haha dude is a G

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/15/2017 5:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/15/2017 5:02 AM

I'm bummed I live an hour away and am not able to go this year.

Next year I will be there for sure, and Kyle, if you are as well, it'd be rad to meet the guy behind the camera in so much awesomeness!

(Unless you wanted to make a trip up I-94 to St. Cloud for a session one morning before you roll out of town)

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/15/2017 8:01 AM

Saw a bad crash on vert with a 900 gone wrong. Somebody slammed into the walls next to dirt in practice. They looked ok, but only reports from the XGames will tell us.

Vince Byron won vert gold.
James Foster won big air gold.
GR won street gold.

|

7/15/2017 8:10 AM

Gack2000 wrote:

Saw a bad crash on vert with a 900 gone wrong. Somebody slammed into the walls next to dirt in practice. They looked ok, but only reports from the XGames will tell us.

Vince Byron won vert gold.
James Foster won big air gold.
GR won street gold.

I heard it was Dennis McCoy and he is banged up but ok.

Insane because he is FIFTY YEARS OLD.

Think about that. He has been a pro rider for longer than I have been alive. That's BONKERS.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/15/2017 8:44 AM

you guys should watch nastys interview on the come up. he never gets invited to the x games

|

7/15/2017 1:05 PM

ct-corey wrote:

you guys should watch nastys interview on the come up. he never gets invited to the x games

A lot of us have, and I think some of it is that there is a big lack of coverage from him-a lot of the dudes that were invited have a ton of coverage.

It'd be super rad to see him ride there though.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/16/2017 8:43 PM

Kevin Peraza's runs were nuts ! I love his bike too .

|

My Cult 2 Short

7/16/2017 8:57 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I love how he keeps the superman tricks in his runs , the whip bar stuff is technically difficult I get but it gets boring to watch quick when it seems all the riders are doing it

|

7/17/2017 12:10 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

I love how he keeps the superman tricks in his runs , the whip bar stuff is technically difficult I get but it gets boring to watch quick when it seems all the riders are doing it

Loved how he threw in the 180 bar cab whip !

|

My Cult 2 Short

7/17/2017 12:26 AM

Haven't gotten to watching much of the footage, but I have seen Colton Walker's park runs and boy do I love the way he rides!

I've also really been enjoying the X Games videos over on Cranmer's YouTube. That's pretty much the only actual other footage I've seen since I'm so busy right now.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

7/17/2017 5:16 AM

Anyone know where u can rewatch this?
Kodi perhaps?

|

7/17/2017 11:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/17/2017 11:02 AM

Elzer0 wrote:

Anyone know where u can rewatch this?
Kodi perhaps?

YouTube

The mega ramp was deffinatly my favourite dudes where going nuts

|

7/17/2017 11:04 AM

SO many of my buddies were there and posting pics of all the riders they met...SUPER jealous

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/17/2017 1:05 PM

My random thoughts on XGames..

Seemed like the riders didn't LOVE the street setup. It was small and difficult to get creative.
Garrett is dialed as ever. The leaderboard could've gone so many different ways underneath him. Tough judging job to have.

Nick Bruce got screwed out of a medal in dirt. He went huge and barely dabbed a foot. If the the quarterpipe wasn't scored, he probably would've taken gold.

Park was pretty sick. I love how original Peraza's run was.

Big Air was insane. James Foster is out of his mind throwing an extra whip and just praying it works. I liked seeing Dougie airing out and having fun.

Jamie Bestwick should've had gold. His run was higher energy, less setup airs, and more bangers.

Sorry for the rambling. Unfortunately nobody I know IRL gives a shit about Xgames, let alone is willing to talk about it.

|

7/17/2017 3:13 PM

Roose87 wrote:

My random thoughts on XGames..

Seemed like the riders didn't LOVE the street setup. It was small and difficult to get creative.
Garrett is dialed as ever. The leaderboard could've gone so many different ways underneath him. Tough judging job to have.

Nick Bruce got screwed out of a medal in dirt. He went huge and barely dabbed a foot. If the the quarterpipe wasn't scored, he probably would've taken gold.

Park was pretty sick. I love how original Peraza's run was.

Big Air was insane. James Foster is out of his mind throwing an extra whip and just praying it works. I liked seeing Dougie airing out and having fun.

Jamie Bestwick should've had gold. His run was higher energy, less setup airs, and more bangers.

Sorry for the rambling. Unfortunately nobody I know IRL gives a shit about Xgames, let alone is willing to talk about it.

The nick Bruce part I don't see how he didn't win , but they always want that hometown kid winning story , just like back when chase hawk won in Austin , but Colton did kill it I just thought gold should have went elsewhere , I see x games gold in nick Bruce's future forsure though , that guys insanely good

|