X Games Drops BMX Dirt

Related:
Create New Tag

2/28/2007 12:34 PM

After 12 years, BMX Dirt is no longer part of the Summer X Games. What do you think about that?

|

2/28/2007 12:42 PM

total bull.

|

TBC represent

2/28/2007 1:15 PM

f-ck big air, no offence to the guys that do that, but dirt is part of BMX history, whithour dirt BMX wouldent eve be here

|

2/28/2007 1:18 PM

that pisses me off! the only thing i can ride on is dirt this sucks!

|

2/28/2007 1:33 PM

stoned wrote:

that pisses me off! the only thing i can ride on is dirt this sucks!

what a fucking joke! FUCK THE XGAMES!!! COPORATE BULLSHIT. CUNTS

|

2/28/2007 1:39 PM

so when did bmx decide to turn into motocross and motocross turn into bmx? this shits rediculous. lets see some style and bring dirt back.

|

2/28/2007 1:46 PM

This is bull... Its because some big corprate dumbass has his underroos in a bunch because he can understand the difficault tricks in BMX Dirt now-a-days... BMX Air... Its cool but lame. BMX Air isnt that hard it just takes balls. What is hard is Parslows insane flipwhips... Or Nyquist doing a 42356 barspin one footed flip... Guettlers HUGe dialed frontflips... Those are hard... jumping high is ballsy but no cigar!!! XGAMES BOYCOTT NOW BMXERS!!!

|

2/28/2007 1:55 PM

bmxmontage wrote:

This is bull... Its because some big corprate dumbass has his underroos in a bunch because he can understand the difficault tricks in BMX Dirt now-a-days... BMX Air... Its cool but lame. BMX Air isnt that hard it just takes balls. What is hard is Parslows insane flipwhips... Or Nyquist doing a 42356 barspin one footed flip... Guettlers HUGe dialed frontflips... Those are hard... jumping high is ballsy but no cigar!!! XGAMES BOYCOTT NOW BMXERS!!!

Don't they still do BMX street or whatever? thats cool still....

|

2/28/2007 2:02 PM

soooooooo gay dirts pretty cool
hey i think they should have a street set up the do for skating y not for biking?????????? wut do u think?

|

2/28/2007 2:04 PM

bmxmontage wrote:

Brokenbones wrote:

They shoulda dropped vert instead but park is the best anyway. Big air will be fun to watch for like 2 minutes.

|

2/28/2007 2:26 PM

bmxmontage wrote:

Brokenbones wrote:

rob rides bikes wrote:

They shoulda dropped vert instead but park is the best anyway. Big air will be fun to watch for like 2 minutes.

lame. that's the root of BMX. lame indeed.

|

I'm not ignorant, I'm just working on my senelity.

2/28/2007 3:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 3:51 PM

I am SUPER dissappointed, however I saw it coming.. They seriously showed 5 minutes of dirt last year.. It is so lame, they just get better ratings with big air because all the poser little skater kids and there mom love watching big stuff and dont realize how hard dirt really is to do.. if I could say something to the guys in charge of the x games id say this.. "go to hell, you do it for the money and not for what its really about.. its getting rediculous and I could care less about the x games now and I am not going to watch it most likely.. which wouldnt matter because its just one person. However, I hope the Dew tour gets more air time and can do some super good coverage of everything..

oh, I really hope rally car racing gets a whole day because thats a waste..

|

2/28/2007 3:25 PM

Sucks the gay dick. I like technical dirt. [img size=121]http://www.vitalbmx.com/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/images/EPICBMX.gif[/img]

|

2/28/2007 3:49 PM

That really sucks. The X-games is something that I enjoy to watch during the summer. Without the Dirt Comp, there's only the park comp to watch.
Coming from a dude that only rides street, the dirt comp is my favorite because its the only thing that is new each year. New leaders, new tricks. It's gotta have a come-back or the X-games ratings are gonna be a little short this year. And please Give Mike Aitken the GOLD!

Thanks,

Jared Butler

|

2/28/2007 4:08 PM

good, i'm glad, that wasn't a dirt contest they had anyway, straight line dirt box jumps. remember, they had those two roll ins and guys would go through two, roll up and turn around and go again, maybe it would have been exiciting if there was a better set up going on. oh well, it's not liek i was competing on them.

|

2/28/2007 4:44 PM

I wonder what the reason was for droppin bmx dirt. I think the jumps and the setting were getting old since they are about the same each year. I hope something is done about this. I say the dirt builders build a more unique and creative setup with the dirt jumps to allow more lines and creativity. With bmx part there are an infinite lines. Dirt should be the same way!

|

2/28/2007 7:35 PM

there is no way they can do this

there are sooo many riders on the
come up and this is going to hurt
them.

i think that this should be reconsidered
like in depth and think about who all is
competing.

i guess dew tour is gunna be better than
the x-games this year

fuck them

|

2/28/2007 8:03 PM

Spencer Bass wrote:

them.

competing.

the x-games this year

fuck them

First flatland now dirt...what next park? vert? only two disciplines left...

|

Free thinkers are dangerous

2/28/2007 8:06 PM

Spencer Bass wrote:

them.

competing.

the x-games this year

fuck them

dikdiamond wrote:

dude this is so stupid.i mean bmx big air looks kinda cool.but every knows its just a chad kagy show.i mean he rules big air.so i don know they should not have taking it off,they should have taking off that rally shit.

Post edited by: jose aka pedro, at: 3/1/2007 4:07 AM

|

2/28/2007 10:11 PM

Spencer Bass wrote:

them.

competing.

the x-games this year

fuck them

dikdiamond wrote:

jose aka pedro wrote:

dude this is so stupid.i mean bmx big air looks kinda cool.but every knows its just a chad kagy show.i mean he rules big air.so i don know they should not have taking it off,they should have taking off that rally shit.

Post edited by: jose aka pedro, at: 3/1/2007 4:07 AM

laaaamee. This is really gonna hurt a lot of careers for dirt riders. I remember way back when MTv had their version of the X games and the dirt set ups were more like a nice flowing set of trails with tons of lines. Thats what the X games needs to do, bring style back to dirt not just some roll in to a straight line of jumps. But hey... i guess Big air does seen a lot more X-treme

|

2/28/2007 10:20 PM

X-games started with like over 50 events now its down to 10 or so. I hope the ratings go to shit for x games, getting rid of dirt is a bad idea.

Go Dew tour!!!!!!!

|

3/1/2007 4:16 AM

As far as I can see X-Games is now just about viewing figures. It really has no relevence to any of the sports it features. It's a real shame. The X-Games hold good memorys for me but now it just seems irrelevent.

The big air thing is ballsy and IS BMX. BMX has allways been about getting big air and showing off!! Dirt to the X-Games organisers is just small fry. The middle America NASCAR types would much rather watch Kevin and Chad jump a big gap than Corey Bohan do an opposite table 3. It's just more tangable to them. Bigger is better to them. Why run BMX dirt when there is FMX dirt??? The NASCAR types are ESPN's target audience and they just want to see BIG. It's all their brains can cope with.

|

3/1/2007 4:58 AM

Hoagie Trice wrote:

That really sucks. The X-games is something that I enjoy to watch during the summer. Without the Dirt Comp, there's only the park comp to watch.
Coming from a dude that only rides street, the dirt comp is my favorite because its the only thing that is new each year. New leaders, new tricks. It's gotta have a come-back or the X-games ratings are gonna be a little short this year. And please Give Mike Aitken the GOLD!

Thanks,

Jared Butler

No one should enter Big Air pure and simple, either keep dirt or no one rides big air . Everyone should ban together and make this happen , or at least the 4 that rode Big Air Last year ban together 2 of the 4 usually ride dirt .

|

3/1/2007 5:47 AM

Big deception to see Xgames take this way !!!

|

3/1/2007 6:29 AM

cam wrote:

The x-games suck anyways so it dont really matter

|

3/1/2007 7:28 AM

cam wrote:

ridebmx42024 wrote:

The x-games suck anyways so it dont really matter

Dropping Dirt is fucking retarded. Every BMX rider has rode dirt jumps at least once and its pretty much the beggining of skateparks if you think of it. Being that it's the X games isnt a suprise to me though, they are so commercial and they are trying to make everything seem super extreme when its just really gay. XTREME GAMES YAHHHHHHH WE ARE SO HARDCORE RAWWWWWW hahaha

|

3/1/2007 8:29 AM

that really suck, the level that dirt riding is on is crazy so it would have been a show. the x games are over rated anyway.

|

3/1/2007 2:05 PM

Hoagie Trice wrote:

Thanks,

Jared Butler

x games are a joke i hate them

|

3/1/2007 2:09 PM

Hoagie Trice wrote:

Thanks,

Jared Butler

puddn wrote:

x games are a joke i hate them

Bitch that sucks
they should haves taken off rally car or supermoto

|

3/1/2007 2:35 PM

WOODAGEPHOTO wrote:

As far as I can see X-Games is now just about viewing figures. It really has no relevence to any of the sports it features. It's a real shame. The X-Games hold good memorys for me but now it just seems irrelevent.

The big air thing is ballsy and IS BMX. BMX has allways been about getting big air and showing off!! Dirt to the X-Games organisers is just small fry. The middle America NASCAR types would much rather watch Kevin and Chad jump a big gap than Corey Bohan do an opposite table 3. It's just more tangable to them. Bigger is better to them. Why run BMX dirt when there is FMX dirt??? The NASCAR types are ESPN's target audience and they just want to see BIG. It's all their brains can cope with.

Hey Chris (WOODAGEPHOTO) You hit the nail on the head there! That's the true reason why it was dropped.

Post edited by: philtownsley, at: 3/1/2007 10:36 PM

|