Yah Or Nah?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/19/2017 3:39 PM

I say nah. I liked a lot of the other colorways, but this seems out of hand. Maybe if the only splatter was the frame/fork/bar with all black parts, but I just laughed internally when I saw this.

Photo

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

7/19/2017 3:43 PM

At first I thought it was a joke, then I saw it Harry Main and realized it was just his poor taste.

|

7/19/2017 4:09 PM

That's the grossest shit I've ever seen

|

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen

7/19/2017 4:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/19/2017 4:12 PM

Looks like someone ate a bunch of crayons then shit all over the bike!!!

|

7/19/2017 4:37 PM

It'd be nice to see some innovation out of company's instead of just pumping out stupid colour ways , mafias not the only company doing this but that is ugly as hell

|

7/19/2017 4:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/19/2017 5:34 PM

Little kids will buy the living shit out of it. At a certain point of being a beginner in BMX you don't know what chromoly is and just want something peers and what have you will say 'looks sick' and if you can get that for under $400 or whatever these are selling for at the entry level price point, my god. This is a true business opposed to a brand imo. Corporate greed taking advantage of the community.

Harry Main really pulled a Mike Spinner it seems. Not surprising, was only kind of a douchey hype dude. His bikes were also made quite the statement, so I'd expect nothing other coming from a brand he endorses.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

7/19/2017 5:09 PM

I appreciate that it's something different.

|

7/19/2017 5:23 PM

It looks cheap

|

7/19/2017 5:49 PM

kylecarlson wrote:

I can agree with this-it's not just a black frame etc.

But I think it is a little too much.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/19/2017 6:24 PM

kylecarlson wrote:

On mafia's payroll, obviously.

|

7/19/2017 8:52 PM

Nah. Personally its not that im into the whole murdered-out look but rather I appreciate minimalism. I mean..... Aaron Ross at least had more taste with his neon colored bikes than Harry Main's crayon shit colorway.

But if that bike ended up in my hands, its probably gonna meet a bunch of sandpaper and may or may not meet spraypaint.

|

7/19/2017 10:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/19/2017 10:23 PM

i seen it yesterday and thought it looks fucking horrid, In saying that Mark Webbs new color scheme is something similar but doesn't look anywhere near as bad cos it fades to black, could also be the colours he chosen to have it splatered in, but yeah they both don't do it for me sick sick sick sick

|

7/20/2017 5:12 AM

I'll stick with my sinister look. That is ridiculous

|

7/20/2017 7:52 AM

LOL hell nah thats lame asf

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

7/20/2017 9:54 AM

nah....too much. Trying to hard. Reminds me of the whole 80's New Wave "Wham" vibe...just give me simple raw, chrome, or "trans" anything

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

7/20/2017 10:00 AM

weegaz22 wrote:

i seen it yesterday and thought it looks fucking horrid, In saying that Mark Webbs new color scheme is something similar but ...more

That frame actually doesn't look too bad. Harry should take a page out of marks book

|

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen

7/20/2017 11:37 AM

That's interesting. Had no idea Webbie had that color in the works. Is that just for teaser purposes, or is the whole frame/fork/bar gonna be colored?

Anyways, the thing that gets me is how incredibly busy the color looks on Harry's. The cranks, stem, the white seat out of nowhere with two colored grips. Then pink tires? I dunno, haha.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

7/20/2017 3:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2017 3:22 AM

readybmxer wrote:

That's interesting. Had no idea Webbie had that color in the works. Is that just for teaser purposes, or is the whole ...more

I think its also down to the fact that Marks frame has essentially used base colours, so pink, blue, white, green, red etc where as Harry's splatters looks like its been done in metallic colours, Its also over every part of the bike, making it look that much busier looking as the light catches it, if you look at the forks on it, you can see that metallic hue to them, so you have a tone change just in the colour's themselves, also if he had broken it up with a black stem, black cranks it probably wouldn't look as bad, either way I'm not really a fan of both of them, if i was forced to choose i'd take Webbs bike, but you cant really base that off of a half built bike either, what the other parts are coloured is going to affect its overall look.

|

7/21/2017 7:53 AM

That bike gave me cancer

|

7/22/2017 10:04 AM

LikeRats wrote:

That bike gave me cancer

I'd still take either of these over that monstrosity Nigel Sylvester brought out last month, that shit brown leather clad gimp bikesick
Photosick sick sick sick

|