Years riding...

Related:
Create New Tag

11/21/2018 12:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/21/2018 4:49 PM

Yes I am old enough to be many people on here’s dad. I have rode all different stuff over the years from flatland, race, dirt, park and street and still ride everything but flat (unless 2-3 tricks count). I may have forgot more stuff than many people know right now. But, it’s BMX age is far from a factor in the sport. Sure it takes a little longer to recover from an injury now but oh fucking well. I have always said I will ride till BMX is just too hard on the body and the switch to mountain bike and road. So, just because I’m curious...I’m 42, 43 in April and riding since I was 6...racing got me started.

How long have you been riding and how old are you?

|

11/21/2018 12:52 PM

I'm 42. I rode for 5 years in the late 90s/early 2000s and quit until around 2016 when I got a 24". I've been back on 20 since about march. So I've been riding again for 2 years or 10 months depending on how you look at it.

|

11/21/2018 1:15 PM

I’ve been riding for over 150 years now.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

11/21/2018 2:15 PM

Been jumping bikes 21 years straight no quiting , 28 years old

|

11/21/2018 2:30 PM

I'm 62 years old and have been riding bikes for 87 years.

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

11/21/2018 4:14 PM

Gack2000 wrote:

Yes I am old enough to be many people on here’s dad. I have rode all different stuff over the years from flatland, race, dirt, park and street and still ride everything but flat (unless 2-3 tricks count). I may have forgot more stuff than many people know right now. But, it’s BMX age is far from a factor in the sport. Sure it takes a little longer to recover from an injury now but oh fucking well. I have always said I will ride till BMX is just too hard on the body and the switch to mountain bike and road. So, just because I’m curious...I’m 42, 43 in April and riding since I was 6...racing got me started.

Why didn't you answer your own questions?

|

11/21/2018 4:48 PM

Gack2000 wrote:

Wayne S wrote:

Why didn't you answer your own questions?

My bad, fixed

|

11/21/2018 4:52 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Bro I know you like to screw around and most of it is pretty damn funny. But this is a legit question. It to a degree helps people out helping with answering questions and stuff. And you might be interested or even surprised by some of the answers.

|

11/21/2018 5:12 PM

off and on 10 years. mostly off the last 2-3 years

|

fack off

11/21/2018 5:32 PM

Off and on, 30 years but let's say 15 with breaks in between.

|

11/21/2018 5:40 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

off and on 10 years. mostly off the last 2-3 years

I thought you had been riding longer! Not sure why but I did. Maybe due to YouTube

|

11/21/2018 5:46 PM

Rode from years 8-15 skated years 15-24 did nothing for 21 years. Got the bug, had the money bought a new complete at 45 in early 2017. Loving it!!

|

11/21/2018 6:24 PM

Gack2000 wrote:

Bro I know you like to screw around and most of it is pretty damn funny. But this is a legit question. It to a degree helps people out helping with answering questions and stuff. And you might be interested or even surprised by some of the answers.

Lol fine

I'm 15 and have been riding for 2 years. Don't question my knowledge becuase I'm only 15. I'm not an idiot I promise lol

|

11/21/2018 7:27 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Gack2000 wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Lol fine

I'm 15 and have been riding for 2 years. Don't question my knowledge becuase I'm only 15. I'm not an idiot I promise lol

Lol. You're less of an idiot than half the "adults" I know.

|

11/21/2018 8:07 PM

Off and on since 94, I'm 37. And strangely this is probably the longest "on" period for me.
I also worked in the industry as a qualified bike mechanic for over 15 years

|

11/21/2018 8:47 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

Lol thanks man I mean alot this shit's just common sense lmao

|

11/21/2018 8:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/21/2018 8:57 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Lol fine

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

....you severely underestimate the decline in common sense....

|

11/21/2018 9:23 PM

Homer416 wrote:

The term is a contradiction of itself...

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

11/21/2018 9:51 PM

I am 31. Have been riding since 1998. Have barely ridden since 2013. Plan to pedal a bit more this year.

|

11/21/2018 10:35 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Homer416 wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

The term is a contradiction of itself...

|

11/22/2018 12:56 AM

Been riding about a year and a half and I'm 24. I did ride for about a year or so when I was 15 but couldn't ever really do any tricks back then

|

11/22/2018 3:33 AM

Road for 2-3 years in my teens, then stopped when I was exposed to the world of cars, women and drink, in any order. Now at 33 having had my fill of those, I've been back on the bike for just over a year (Although two months of this have been spent just thinking about BMX, as I broke my arm a few months into riding again).

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

11/22/2018 3:43 AM

25 now, have been riding bikes for about 6-7 years on and off, bmx probably around 3. After I returned to bmx I've been riding for a couple months, maybe half a year.

|

11/22/2018 11:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/22/2018 11:14 AM

Raced nbl 3 or 4 races when I was 13/14 ish. Rode dirtjumps(very small stuff) for a year or so when I was 15ish, got my license when I was 16 and rode street downtown Columbus/osu nearly every single weekend(I was fully obsessed with street bmx) for 2 years. Got burnt out on riding mainly because everyone around me was progressing and riding better every year and I plateaued and got frustrated. Never sold my bike, but gave it to a friend to ride. He returned it 10 years later! At about 17 I just slowly stopped going out and that was it. Never touched a bmx bike until recently at the age of 36. Been riding now for 3 months. Haven’t really had any legit riding buddies but I’m staying really motivated somehow and get out about 3 hours a week. I like riding more now than I ever remember.

|

11/22/2018 3:37 PM

Id say maybe A solid 2 years now (i dont count the months I was out due to injury). I am 30

I rode dirtbikes as a teenager, no racing, no serious riding just hauling ass and crashing lol.

I rode skateboards and scooters as a kid. Again nothing serious. I could olie and push pretty fast but thats it. I think I landed 1 kickflip standing still.

I did have a bike when I was a kid and a teenager but I never did any tricks. I made some little dirt jumps in my back yard as a teen but got bored pretty quick...

|

11/22/2018 4:03 PM

Way too many for me to be riding the way I do. Lol

|

11/22/2018 7:00 PM

Started when I was 13-14 now I'm 35

|

brakeless maniac

11/23/2018 4:08 AM

Been riding legitimately since Spring of '99-I was 13. I jumped a bunch with buddies before that, but it was a boredom killer back then, and no tricks besides wheelies.

I'm slower, stay lower, and the goal is to not get hurt these days. I hit 33 in 2 1/2 weeks.

I too, am old enough to legitimately be the parent of a kid on here. Luckily my boys are 4 and just shy of 4 months old...cause so many teenagers these days are painfully dumb.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/23/2018 6:11 AM

I’m 39. I’ve been riding since approximately 1987 when I got a baby blue GT pro performer. Mostly rode what people now call “tech street” but didn’t have a name in the mid school.

I went to college, stopped riding, got a job, went back college and got a PhD, had a daughter, bought a house, etc

My daughter is now 5 and loves BMX, so ridinf is something that we do together.

|

11/23/2018 7:27 AM

I turn 15 Sunday and have been riding for about 4-5 months.

|

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/_eli.173_/
Bike Check - Coming Soon!
Refs - dikdiamond