You cant handle the truth

Related:
Create New Tag

5/18/2015 7:50 PM

The last piece i am looking for is a set of bars. My question is about matterial, butted, etc. Its about rise, sweep and width. Im about 6', if that helps at all. Im using a Premium Sub-10 54mm top load stem. I feel like I want tall bars. One of the locals is shorter than me but wants 9" while another is my height and has 8 or 8.25".

My question is really asking about others personal opinions of what a person has and why it "feels" right to them. If you dont mind just telling me your height, bar geometry and why you like them. Thanks.

|

If you find yourself digging a hole you cant get out of, stop digging.

5/18/2015 7:51 PM

I'd go Odyssey Sweepstakes. Nice uprise, 9" rise, or Tree motos.

|

5/18/2015 7:58 PM

Tree Moto bars, no better bar really. Super comfy, look sweet, and feel great overall. I really can't see myself riding another bar anytime soon. If i get another, it's just gonna be a bigger tree bar.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

5/18/2015 8:18 PM

I like the Tree Co. I was impressed how much work the guy did developing the Ergo seat. Is the black finish gloss or matte?

|

5/19/2015 4:54 AM

biggybuggy wrote:

I'd go Odyssey Sweepstakes. Nice uprise, 9" rise, or Tree motos.

I love Sweepstakes bars. I'm not currently riding them because I wanted a little less rise, but I rode them for awhile.

I'm currently riding Credence bars. The geometry is pretty similar to the Sweepstakes (a little less upsweep and rise), but the aesthetic is very different with the smaller crossbar.

I'm going to be T1 Classic 8.85s on my new bike, but I got a lower stem to make up for the extra rise over the Credence bars.

My preferred geometry is 10.5-12 back, 3-5 up and right around 10 inches of total (bars+stem+spacers).

|

5/19/2015 6:42 AM

I'm 5.10 and I use bone deth Deadman Bars V1 8.0"

|

5/19/2015 8:19 PM

Thanks for all the input. I looked at the Tree Co bars and almost bought them. The frame I have is a matte black and the bars from Tree are "satin" finish. I went with Cliq so it would match the frame. I still might buy the Tree bars later, thanks for that suggestion, although, it made my decision REALLY hard in the end.

|

5/19/2015 8:29 PM

Goofyfoot wrote:

Thanks for all the input. I looked at the Tree Co bars and almost bought them. The frame I have is a matte black and the bars ...more

cliq is for racing. are you a racer? lol

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

5/19/2015 8:44 PM

Im just a guy spending way too much building a custom bike. Im going to ride around the neighborhood and at the trails some. I dont see how the Cliq are so drastically difffrom other nice bars, what am I not seeing? Thanks.

|

5/20/2015 2:52 PM

I'm 6 feet tall and I ride a 8.75" wethepeople "switch" bar.
I ride it with a big topload stem, but i'm really perfectionist on bar height 2 mm more and I'm too high, 2 mm less and i'm too low...
28.75" wide, just feels perfect, anything over 29" is stupid.
12 degrees backsweep for wrists comfort and 2,5 upsweep, just feel good, I love upsweep how it makes the bike handles i had ride 2,5 and 3 never tried a 4, i'm curious of it, i don't like the feel of flat bars with 1 degree.

|

5/20/2015 5:45 PM

idk i like more upsweep on my bars

better on the wrists for ridin

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

5/20/2015 7:36 PM

Goofyfoot wrote:

Im just a guy spending way too much building a custom bike. Im going to ride around the neighborhood and at the trails some. I ...more

They're wildly light. Atleast 2 ounces less than most freestyle bars. So they're more prone to bending and breaking, but if you're only doing trails and are not likely to eat shit, they should be okay. I just don't like bars that could snap, that's like the worst part to have break while riding other than maybe forks or cranks.

|

5/20/2015 7:49 PM

I like some up sweep but with that I feel like all my work is done by my triceps and outer forearms. to me that doesn't feel as natural but that is just my opinion. I might change my mind later tho.

yeah, it says these are butted to reduce weight. I am buying sight unseen and I have never held them. Im hoping since they are a Harp brand they will hold up. although, I doubt I will punish them that much. I really have no craving for fecal matter so that probably won't apply to me (jk attempt).

|