YouTube Channels

Related:
Create New Tag

4/4/2018 11:40 AM

Hey guys, I wanted to create maybe a consolidated thread discussing and/or listing YouTube Channels that aren't wastes of time, where you can learn how to work on your bike, what parts suck and what parts are good, get stoked by watching awesome clips, or learn how to do/improve upon tricks.

This isn't a Vlog rating thread, it's more about a compilation of helpful resources.

First up:

Stacked BMX Shop.

Stacked is located in California, but I'm pretty sure they ship nationwide, and Larry their owner does AWESOME explain and review videos almost every single day. He managed to explain two things that may seem simple to more experienced riders/mechanically inclined people, but didn't click with me. Both of which came in handy on my latest bike build. (one was that if you don't change the length of your chain, your back end remains effectively the same length, the other was that you need to take into consideration when setting up a gyro, that each of the plates need enough travel to actually clamp the brake closed and stop your bike. Simple stuff, but crucial. Without his videos I would've probably found out the hard way)

Stacked's YouTube Channel

Not to mention, if they get another few subscribers, they're going to start doing parts and full bike giveaways. So go subscribe and follow them on IG!

Park Tool

Park basically sets the standard for bike tools, stands, cleaning products, grease, etc. They're awesome and their video regarding measuring and sizing a chain was a huge help too. They have great tech videos, and if you've ever watched a how-to and said "Well uh...I don't own that tool" everything Park uses in their videos are readily available.

Park Tool YouTube Channel

Definitely worth a follow. These are guys that give out information that I trust implicitly.

Brant Moore

Look away now if you're offended by over-the-top screamo/emo haircuts. But seriously, Brant is the man. He puts out SO much content and has so much fun with riding that you can't not like the guy for it. He's one of those people that you can tell just absolutely loves to ride and for all the right reasons. Brant has been doing BMX news on Fridays which are basically just overviews of BMX happenings during the week that we might be interested in. Contests, edits, sponsorship changes, tech tips, and videos that may not surface, Brant brings to your attention.

He also does a lot of great tech videos too. Explaining installing/adjusting brakes, BMX frame geometry, etc. The guy just flat out loves bikes and I love him for it. Give him a follow too!

Brant Moore YouTube

Those are the few I can take care of right now, but I'll be adding Alfredo Mancuso, Spencer/Scotty, and whomever else I can find. Please feel free to suggest anyone that hasn't been mentioned, but like I said, let's keep this here mostly for the channels that you'll actually be entertained by or gain knowledge from.

Ask yourself "Would grumpySteve hate this?" If the answer is yes, keep it to yourself. laughing

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

4/4/2018 11:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/4/2018 11:47 AM

*this post was deleted by grumpySteve at 1:46 pm*
|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

4/4/2018 11:47 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote: *this post was deleted by grumpySteve at 1:46 pm*

*Removes gyro and 10" bars from this thread*

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

4/4/2018 12:07 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote: *this post was deleted by grumpySteve at 1:46 pm*
TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Haha glad you got it!laughing

|

4/4/2018 12:51 PM

If only I was an admin.........
#grumpystevedictatorship

|

4/4/2018 12:52 PM

Dan Foley always get me stoked to ride. There’s just enough b-roll in his videos that don’t make it vloggy and don’t over do it, and his self-filmed videos is the reason why I started filming this way.

Plus, he’s a smooth and super dialed rider, and his editing reflects that.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

4/4/2018 1:50 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

#grumpystevedictatorship

grumpySteve for dictator!
#grumpyStevedictatorship2018

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

4/4/2018 2:14 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Yo dark, you gotta add this one to your list. He's an upcoming famous bmx youtuber!

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

4/4/2018 2:58 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

HavokDJ wrote:

Yo dark, you gotta add this one to your list. He's an upcoming famous bmx youtuber!

Yeah you should! I actually plan on making alot of BMX maintenance tips and how tos on my channel, just need a new phone, I think I'm getting a new one one soon, then I'll be putting out hella videos!

|

4/4/2018 3:24 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

#grumpystevedictatorship

All hail emperor grumpySteve!

|

4/4/2018 3:53 PM

Been thinking about starting one , travel around to skatepark tours around Canada , just ordered an akaso ek7000 action camera

|

4/4/2018 3:58 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Dan Foley always get me stoked to ride. There’s just enough b-roll in his videos that don’t make it vloggy and don’t over do ...more

Yeah I really liked his videos and I kind of wish he made more, also I do like brant Moores channel as well.
Spencer still is firmly at the top though and I doubt he is coming down any time soon.

|

Hmmm

4/4/2018 5:29 PM

Matt Jones. hes a mountain biker but he's building and pump track in his compound at the moment and he gives a good insight into the process and materials.

|

4/4/2018 5:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/4/2018 5:31 PM

harvesterbmx

I've yet to really dig through their entire video list yet but they have unboxings, how-to's, webisoides, and custom bike builds
|

Ride your bike.

Eat your vegetables.

Stay off Twitter.

- TheDarkEnergist

The Whip

4/4/2018 6:01 PM

Bmxican is a good channel. I’d check him out
I like destructionbmx too, they do some pretty original stuff

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

4/4/2018 6:32 PM

idontknowanything wrote:

Matt Jones. hes a mountain biker but he's building and pump track in his compound at the moment and he gives a good insight ...more

Matt Jones is a beast , his red bull
Video where he does a superman decade was insane , love watching the slopestyle mountain bike contests these days as well , crankworx is sick

|

4/5/2018 12:41 AM

For real though Scotty Cranmer's channel has picked up A lot. So much traveling to different parks lately and good riding in pretty much every video. They need to do a 1.2 m challenge for something though. They haven't had one since 1 million

|

4/5/2018 1:02 AM

NateBrown62 wrote:

For real though Scotty Cranmer's channel has picked up A lot. So much traveling to different parks lately and good riding in ...more

I hate to be one of those people but it's just not the same any more. Watch a few videos from 2 years ago and now they have a completely different feel to them, I still watch but I think the problem is that they focus too much on weird challenges and sometimes forget to just ride.

|

Hmmm

4/5/2018 2:52 AM

idontknowanything wrote:

Matt Jones. hes a mountain biker but he's building and pump track in his compound at the moment and he gives a good insight ...more

eskimojay wrote:

Matt Jones is a beast , his red bull
Video where he does a superman decade was insane , love watching the slopestyle mountain ...more

amen

|

4/5/2018 2:57 AM

NateBrown62 wrote:

For real though Scotty Cranmer's channel has picked up A lot. So much traveling to different parks lately and good riding in ...more

Edman123 wrote:

I hate to be one of those people but it's just not the same any more. Watch a few videos from 2 years ago and now they have a ...more

A lot has changed since the Incline Club shut down. I don't think they have had a video of just them having a normal session as the whole group since they lost the skate park, and I think that is why the videos have changed heaps and have a different feel. also, I think its a little bit more kid friendly and so its taken away from the 'raw' bmx side of things.

|

4/5/2018 3:42 AM

NateBrown62 wrote:

Edman123 wrote:

I hate to be one of those people but it's just not the same any more. Watch a few videos from 2 years ago and now they have a ...more

idontknowanything wrote:

A lot has changed since the Incline Club shut down. I don't think they have had a video of just them having a normal session ...more

This and it started happening a few months before his accident as well.

|

Hmmm

4/5/2018 2:31 PM

Edman123 wrote:

idontknowanything wrote:

A lot has changed since the Incline Club shut down. I don't think they have had a video of just them having a normal session ...more

Edman123 wrote:

This and it started happening a few months before his accident as well.

There's been a lot of riding in his videos lately

|

4/5/2018 2:43 PM

Yeah there has but I'm talking about just riding to have fun with friends and ride. Like just riding for the sake of riding, not for a challenge not for training for Australia (which I'm going to watch them and I'm pretty keen). I still love the videos they just getting, as I said before, a little less 'raw'.

|