Young riders

Related:
Create New Tag

9/21/2013 7:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/21/2013 8:37 PM

What do you guys think of younger riders in skateparks? I am 14 so when someone mentions young riders I think between the ages of 5 and 15. I honestly don't care how old you are as long as you don't be a douchebag and you don't get in anybody's way. I have talked to a really chill 8 year old who skates at a local park! I have met a few douchebag 10 year olds and I think we can all agree that nobody likes them. I have a little brother who rides, he is 7 and I'm glad he likes to ride but he can be one of those annoying little kids! I have taught him what I call "park etiquette " and he is getting better but he still acts stupid at times! He's kind of shy. As long as you're not annoying then I don't really care about age! I'm happy to see young ones getting into sports like this one! Who knows, maybe that kid who is snaking everyone on his MirraCo could be the next Stevie Churchill in 15 years! You never know. wink

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

9/21/2013 7:28 PM

I think like most do. It's not a substitute for a baby sitter. I wouldn't put either of my little ones in a skatepark setting. I know that the first little punk that hit them to be cool to his friends would be violently turned inside out like a sock by me, so it's best to just avoid that whole situation. That's just my take, haha.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

9/21/2013 7:35 PM

Chuck8273 wrote:

I think like most do. It's not a substitute for a baby sitter. I wouldn't put either of my little ones in a skatepark setting. I know that the first little punk that hit them to be cool to his friends would be violently turned inside out like a sock by me, so it's best to just avoid that whole situation. That's just my take, haha.

I get that. The last time I was at my favorite park, it was the night I fractured my foot, this woman brought THREE children, and this woman had to have been at least 60! Not only were these kids younger than 10, they were on scooters and they would not stop screaming! I was very angry! They would scream, fall and scream and cry, try to get out of the bowl, fall and scream and cry some more and then they would go up to each other and fight, right there, in the middle of the bowl. They never got out for about an hour. The skatepark isn't a daycare canter, if you bring your kids there, you need to control them!

|

YouTube

9/21/2013 7:47 PM

I don't go to skateparks. They didn't exist when I was young, and I certainly don't have the time at the moment. ( My wife has been in the hospital twice in two days for complications of pregnancy) and I also work full time for 1/3 the money I made a year ago, which hurts like hell, haha. On a good note, the guy I work with is 19 and rides, although not as much as he wants to, and only lives a town over. (About 10 miles away) We haven't discussed getting together for a ride, but hope to soon. I think he said he has a Haro X3, but he also said he's not sure on that. Hoping to unite fellow area BMXers in this area before too long for a Sat or Sun ride.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

9/21/2013 8:26 PM

Im 13 and I think I have mastered park etiquette, I let skaters go first show scooters that they should be more careful. One thing though, is there some rule for when you slam and just cant move?

|

9/21/2013 8:33 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your wife, I hope everything gets better man! And yeah I love riding with new people! The more the merrier!

|

YouTube

9/21/2013 8:37 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Im 13 and I think I have mastered park etiquette, I let skaters go first show scooters that they should be more careful. One thing though, is there some rule for when you slam and just cant move?

I don't think I've ever slammed at a park hard enough to not get up. Basically every time I think I'm gonna slam or I bail or I DO slam, my instinct is to land of my feet. That's just how I am. If I don't land on my feet, I almost always jump onto my feet, so I don't know. I'm guessing if people notice that you slammed hard enough to not get up, they should be okay with it.

|

YouTube

9/21/2013 8:40 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Stocksy wrote:

I don't think I've ever slammed at a park hard enough to not get up. Basically every time I think I'm gonna slam or I bail or I DO slam, my instinct is to land of my feet. That's just how I am. If I don't land on my feet, I almost always jump onto my feet, so I don't know. I'm guessing if people notice that you slammed hard enough to not get up, they should be okay with it.

I went for big air, tacoed my wheel and hit the face of another jump.

|

9/22/2013 2:00 AM

The normal riders at my park are about 14 -16

The skaters are 16 -18

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

9/22/2013 2:02 AM

The normal riders at my park are about 14 -16

The skaters are 16 -18

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

9/22/2013 11:41 AM

Stocksy wrote:

This. Otherwise they're gonna look like a douche

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

9/22/2013 11:51 AM

The only thing good about little kids in the skatepark is if their mom is a MILF. I can get into that shit. haha if there are little kids at a park, i think it can be really dangerous to have them around honestly. If im going to be trying to ride, they better not be laying and slipping around on the quarter pipes and stuff, or worse, running around. I think everyone has a right to be at the park, but they have to be there not irritating everyone and SHARING. If the kid is totally dominating the entire park, imma be mad. I have as much a right to be there, and i try to let them do their own thing, like if they wanna chill in one part, go for it, but if they insist the entire place is theirs, imma run a retard over.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

9/22/2013 12:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/22/2013 12:42 PM

A little dude from my town is dominating at the Twin Cities Fantasy Factory (www.ridetcff.org) with flips and cannonballs etc.

Kids super good.

He rode a lot of shows during our state fair, and some traveling shows for the Fantasy Factory. Check it out eh

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura