Your BMX-Related Resolutions 2019

Related:
Create New Tag

1/1/2019 12:03 AM

It's still around 10:00 PM on New Year's Eve as of this post, but I've decided to not have any "real" resolutions going into 2019 since I break them all every year anyways. But if it has to do with BMX, I'll stick with it.

And so, what's everyone's bike-centered resolutions?

For me, I want to have hop 360's dialed and land my footjam downwhips consistently. Here's to a good year ahead for all of us.

|

Scooter rider trying to ride a BMX.
Instagram: @bmxereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

1/1/2019 12:13 AM

Funny you posted this cuz I already decided on one a couple of weeks ago! Figured a riding one would be better than the usual lose weight, eat better bollocks! I only got back into riding tail end of summer after a long time off, so my resolution is to do a handrail in 2019. However, the catch is it can’t be one I’ve done before (before I had to stop riding) so something completely new, and finding the perfect one is all part of the fun anyway!

Happy new year!

|

1/1/2019 12:20 AM

It's 8:15am 01/01/19 here!
Last year I told myself I'd ride more, enjoy family time more, and stress less. But I was ill for pretty much the whole of spring, and bought a flat. So the only one I stuck to was more family time. This year I want to concentrate on actually riding my bike a lot more. Nothing in particular, but getting one good edit would be nice, rather than Instagram clip compilations.
I'm also planning on doing more with theGrey, after doing literally nothing last year (I hosted a jam, and sold my remaining stock. But absolutely nothing new came out). The v2 sprockets will be on their way shortly. Although I'm tempted to put it all on hold and open a bmx shop as there'll be a massive indoor skatepark here by summer ?

|

1/1/2019 12:21 AM

I just want to get as comfortable on my bike again as I was before I injured my ankle. I really miss the feeling of boosting a 5ft air or doing a nice, popped flat 3 at speed. If I can get back to that within the year, I'll be very happy; everything just feels like ass at the moment.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

1/1/2019 1:06 AM

I just need to ride more, leg getting broken really threw a spanner in the works but once the weather clears a bit I hope to be rolling more often again

|

Hmmm

1/1/2019 1:59 AM

Stop being shit

|

1/1/2019 3:31 AM

RumHam wrote:

Stop being shit

I hear ya

|

1/1/2019 6:59 AM

ummm.... maybe get pads lol, I am tired of hurting my bones. I still have not completely recovered from my knee. Built a sub box (10'x2'x20") and was trying to practice ice pick, hopped too high and landed on the back wheel, looped out, when planting my foot the shock to my knee was enough to cause me to just sit down.

|

1/1/2019 7:46 AM

My goal is to get my 3 year old daughter off training wheels and able to steer her bicycle properly so we can pedal our local bike path together.

|

1/1/2019 8:39 AM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

My goal is to get my 3 year old daughter off training wheels and able to steer her bicycle properly so we can pedal our local bike path together.

It's amazing when they take off and just roll away without the trainers. I just angled my son's until they were almost useless and eventually he realized he didn't need them(not long at all).

|

1/1/2019 8:40 AM

I would like to learn roll outs and get 180s figured out.

|

1/1/2019 8:59 AM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

I would like to learn roll outs and get 180s figured out.

Amen.

I spent the last year without health insurance so I figure this is my year to get gnarly.

|

1/1/2019 9:00 AM

To actually ride more. Trickwise I'd love to get hop 3's to the point they can actually be called a hop 3 and not some tailtap/slider thingy, and get something like a toboggan or tire grab down.

|

1/1/2019 10:00 AM

To get 180s and fakies and to get some grinds.

|

1/1/2019 11:08 AM

Find the best strains of weed that get me motivated to go ride

|

1/1/2019 11:50 AM

Sounds good, everyone. XD

|

Scooter rider trying to ride a BMX.
Instagram: @bmxereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

1/1/2019 1:25 PM

My New Year's Resolution is to never bend my wrist again.

Seriously though, I may be getting a full wrist fusion soon. Will hopefully help tremendously with riding &, more importantly, daily activities.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/1/2019 3:25 PM

bar spins.

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

1/1/2019 9:27 PM

Now that my bike is 100% complete and no more part swaps, I want to get used to my bike and get the control dailed. Keep up with learning nose manuals, bar spins and I just ordered my first freecoaster. I'll start there.

Kink East Coaster FC for anybody that cares.

Also, HNY, guys!

|

1/1/2019 10:01 PM

Go more places to ride street. I wanna get back down to Richmond at some point, Curtis (blaaaaaaa) is spoiled with amazing spots and a good crew. not a lot of people up here ride much anymore, and if they do, they just wanna fuck around at the skatepark or don't have time to go ride street. that's why I mostly just go to the park by myself or with one friend who still rides but is married and shit so hardly has time for street.

trick wise I'd like to crook a street handrail. I've crooked a couple park handrails but I wanna do a street handrail. Got a couple in mind, just a matter of people coming out to ride cause I don't wanna go for something like that by myself.

|

1/2/2019 6:13 AM

Ride more. They are apparently rebuilding our plaza this year (the land was sold to a Costco that it was on before) bigger and better.

Gonna shred it a LOT in the fall when it is supposed to be done.

Might try to get a different front brake fork, and some fresh parts over time (cranks, tires, seat, brakes).

Learn some new front wheel stuff.

I want to lose a bunch of weight (for realsies) to make riding easier again.

I'd like to hit the Factory and learn flairs and or flips.

Go to Xgames.

|

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

1/2/2019 6:17 AM

put my bike back together and ride at east once a month. i can count how many times i rode 2018 with one hand

|

fack off

1/2/2019 6:43 AM

Get 180’s, get fakies, get double peg’s.

|

Street yes please

1/2/2019 7:12 AM

I pulled the closest feeble to manual I've ever done yesterday, so that's my next trick goal. I am also getting really happy with consistently rotating 180ºs completely flat. Also starting to fakie more and more.

So...Feeble hard 180º is next up after that.

Also...airing over coping on quarters and getting better at transition.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

1/2/2019 8:29 AM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

It's amazing when they take off and just roll away without the trainers. I just angled my son's until they were almost useless and eventually he realized he didn't need them(not long at all).

Clever move. Maybe I’ll try that too!!! I asked my girl if she wanted to ride an open parking lot so it was easy and she said no, I want to go to skatepark(nobody is there I made sure )So that’s where I took her. She had a lot of fun. It was the first time riding a bike for more than 10ft. I’m so proud of her because she actually figured out how to steer fairly well.

|

1/2/2019 8:37 AM

dead goon wrote:

Now that my bike is 100% complete and no more part swaps, I want to get used to my bike and get the control dailed. Keep up with learning nose manuals, bar spins and I just ordered my first freecoaster. I'll start there.

Also, HNY, guys!

I want to buy a free coaster this year as well!!

|

1/2/2019 8:37 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

I pulled the closest feeble to manual I've ever done yesterday, so that's my next trick goal. I am also getting really happy with consistently rotating 180ºs completely flat. Also starting to fakie more and more.

So...Feeble hard 180º is next up after that.

Also...airing over coping on quarters and getting better at transition.

I need to work on those, too. Also, since I'm getting my first FC, backward manuals are a must!

|

1/2/2019 8:39 AM

Air out like a man already

|

1/2/2019 8:42 AM

dead goon wrote:

Also, HNY, guys!

BillyBigRigger wrote:

I want to buy a free coaster this year as well!!

Dude, the Kink one I just bought is only $125 right now, on sale from $200 (Albes).

|

1/2/2019 8:56 AM

Super-Pawl wrote:

Air out like a man already

I'm working on it. It'll happen this year for sure. I can drop in, air below coping (though I know that doesn't really count) and I'm getting more and more comfortable in the air.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.