Your broken parts of 2016

Related:
Create New Tag

12/11/2016 1:04 PM

As 2016 is close to ending, I figured I'd make this thread. I haven't really broken any parts, just bent my bars and cranks, tore my grips, blew out the sidewall on one of my shadow valors, and blew out a fit oem tire. Photo

|

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen

12/11/2016 1:25 PM

I split the sidewall of a tioga powerblock, wore down a pair of demolition trooper pedals, and cracked a duo pedal

|

12/11/2016 1:46 PM

I broke my foot in three places.

|

12/11/2016 2:30 PM

pnj wrote:

Ouch...

|

12/11/2016 2:34 PM

I broke a few bars because of a shitty stem and no later than today I exploded my wheel because of a scooter kid hanging his frontwheel over the coping of the quarter lol, I'm not sure of what happened exactly tho, luckily it's only some spokes I'm currently re building it.
Photo

Photo

|

12/11/2016 2:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/11/2016 2:52 PM

i had a really weak year of riding so i didn't break any parts or progress much. i had a bunch of tooth problems that made it tough for me to enjoy riding. i did have some really fun sessions and met a lot of cool riders this year just not as intense as some other years

**edited to add**
my old cranks on one of my bikes kept getting loose so i did replace those and gave my old cranks to a local dude who needed them which helped him out a ton and i think i bent my fork/dropout trying to learn smiths so i'll be replacing that soon.

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

12/11/2016 3:30 PM

Cracked my Sunday Octave forks at some point, along the top of the welds on both dropouts. Warranty took care of me though, can't find any photos offhand.

Ripped the threads out of not one, but two Tree axles (So much for not being able to be stripped haha)

Photo

and of course snapped countless spokes.

My frame may also be cracked too but I'm not sure when that started.

|

12/11/2016 3:32 PM

pnj wrote:

I bet you won't go back to those 3 places any time soon

#dadjoke

But in all seriousness, I hope it heals up good for next year!

|

12/11/2016 4:15 PM

pnj wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

I bet you won't go back to those 3 places any time soon

#dadjoke

But in all seriousness, I hope it heals up good for next ...more

haha.

Thanks. It's pretty well healed up.

Hurts often though. As does most of my body.

Gettin' old sucks.

|

12/11/2016 4:23 PM

Driver to my Demolition Anorexia hub just exploded today.
Like my 4th or 5th repair to that friggin hub in the past few months. Time for a new hub lol

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

12/11/2016 5:35 PM

Stock kink cranks and stem

|

12/11/2016 6:34 PM

Bent odyssey cranks, bent a frame in half, broke my helmet strap haha.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

12/11/2016 8:06 PM

Now that you mention it, and now that I look back on the year...

Nothing except a valve cap that split in two. It's just sitting on my desk now in front of me, haha!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

12/12/2016 8:40 AM

I blew out a pair of fireball tires but they were almost a year old. I twisted two bodies of two different stems an éclat Mercury and a Sunday freeze. I broke a few spokes and cracked a steel shadow peg. Snapped two different freecoaster axles and blew up one freecoaster driver. I progressd a ton this year because I moved and got a new perspective on bmx

|

12/12/2016 5:12 PM

mighta broke my hand and nose. andddd no parts. need a new chain though. shits old and meh.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/13/2016 9:27 AM

i broke a subrosa high life stem, i will never ride subrosa again i have totally bent a frame and now this stam just cracked in half. never again i will ride fit and primo from now on

|

12/13/2016 11:06 AM

Tore a pin through a metal fly Ruben pedal
Destroyed the side wall of a maxxis dth folding tire
Snapped a mutiny seat clamp in half
Pretty sure I bent my kink badger bars
Broke a wedge in odyssey thunderbolts
My friend broke the ratchet ring in my old eclat pulse hub after I sold it to him if that counts lol

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

12/13/2016 4:53 PM

I broke my odyssey clutch hub several times this year but odyssey was helpful through out the entire process. Kudos to their warranty department.

|

- ShredAddix.com

12/16/2016 6:10 PM

Cracked my stem. Guess cold weather, 7075, and tightening bolts a lot don't go too well dizzy

Switched to a more generic black frontload and actually am not missing the extra height at all- added a really thin spacer and feels solid.Photo

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

12/17/2016 6:22 AM

This year? Snapped my Shadow Interlock Supreme TWICE... Picture is from the first time, when I stopped before it could snap fully.

Photo

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

12/17/2016 9:15 AM

Skylight wrote:

This year? Snapped my Shadow Interlock Supreme TWICE... Picture is from the first time, when I stopped before it could snap ...more

Supposedly that thing is close to unbreakable... I guess not.

|

12/17/2016 1:04 PM

Half link chains are inherently weaker.

|