Your next bike?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/6/2014 8:33 AM

Ive been doing alot of thinking about building a collection of cool custom bikes and i already am working on aquiring all orange parts for my funday, but besides that i wanna make a really unique bike that's nothing like the bike i have now. Here's what parts im thinking.

Cult death row frame or a primo integral (probably a 21" tt, im thinking of making a trails/race build)
Odyssey director forks or old animal ones
Animal big 4 bars
Odysssey Lincoln stem or an old primo one with the bottle opener
some headset
duo rogue or odyssey mexican blanket seat
odyssey laidback seatpost
primo powerbites or odyssey thunderbolts
sprocky balboa or macneil cd sprocket
beartrap or trailmix pedals
kool chain
skyway tuff wheels
cult gum tires or tioga powerblocks
fly ti pegs

what does everyone think or what would you build?

|

3/6/2014 9:45 AM

Personally I don't think I'll never have a 'next bike', I'm don't intend to and I don't think I would like a completely new bike; I'm happy replacing parts when I need to/want to. Maybe if I built a 22 or 24" or something as a second bike but that's different. However my dream set up at the moment would be:

Frame: Volume Bermuda, 21"
Handlebars: Tree Moto, 8.5", 4 Degree Upsweep
Forks: Odyssey F25
Cranks: Odyssey Thunderbolt, 175mm, LHD
Stem: Terrible One Cyclops
Sprocket: Odyssey MDS, 28t
Pedals: Odyssey Trailmix, Aluminium, Sealed
Seat: Odyssey Chase Hawk Tripod
Seatpost: St Martin Tripod
Chain: Odyssey Keychain
Grips: Terrible One Joe Rich
Headset: Odyssey Integrated
Bottom Bracket: Odyssey, Mid, 22mm
Pegs: Animal LinoOG, 4" x4
Brake Levers: Odyssey Monolever, Mid x2
Brake Calipers: Fly Front, Fly Classico
Brake Cables: Tree SB Power x2
Front Wheel: Odyssey Antigram - DT Swiss Double Butted x36 - G-Sport Birdcage - Odyssey Aitken, 2.1"
Rear Wheel: Odyssey Prototype Coaster, LHD, 14mm Axle - DT Swiss Straight Gauge x36 - Odyssey Aitken, 1.90"

|

3/6/2014 10:43 AM

I wont rebuild my bike.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/6/2014 11:21 AM

Id like to build a T1 ruben, with duluxe parts & gsport wheels for trails.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

3/6/2014 12:44 PM

Id like to have gsport wheels lol.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/6/2014 12:47 PM

I hope I'll never have to build up another bike, but I'd probably build up an S&M/FBM build if i ever did

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

3/6/2014 1:43 PM

Really? i never thought i'd build an all new bike at one time but after doing it twice now, it just feels so sweet and everything feels new and beautiful and crispy. I can see me doing alot of builds just for shits in the future haha. i don't think i'd ever build two bikes of the same style though, i'd probably have to sell one if i did. im trying to get the primo frame this week so ill have my trails build started, then i want to build a mirraco muse up with super trendy, light, aero parts next, and i got my sunday street whip rolling on steeze right meow.

|

3/6/2014 2:14 PM

I'm going to build a whole new Bike this year, It will mean that I'll be able to Ride waaaay more than I had EVER thought I could! Super Long story but things worked out better than I had previously thought with My physical health & the Bike will be built to adjust My Body Posture whilst Riding with a few little tweaks/tricks of the trade to make Bike Control a little easier! This Bike has been thought out to the absolute MAX! :D Cannot wait to show it off!

|

3/6/2014 2:22 PM

Well, thinking, if i ever have much money, i might build a rar park bike, in case i have a park to ride lol.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/6/2014 6:56 PM

no clue, I figure it out if I get around to breaking parts

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

3/6/2014 6:58 PM

I'll have a whole new bike within the next couple of months. Super stoked on it.

|

3/6/2014 7:23 PM

Bsd beverage in trans green
Odsy r 32s chrome
Cult headset
Stranger cell stem chrome
Animal big four chrome
Edwin grips with par ends
Dat carbon fiber wrapped seat post, because I can.
Tree ergo seat in tan leather with "P.A.K." embedded in it or something. And of course by native.
Bsd substance cranks chrome
Green plated deco metal pedals
Stranger gaurd sprocket polished. No grinding, I just like the way it looks, deal with it.
Odsy bluebird chain gold
Odsy bb
G sport ribcages chrome front and rear
Tree straight pull hubs front and rear gold
Subrosa grave digger 2.3 front and rear

|

3/6/2014 8:17 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Odsy r 32s chrome
Cult headset
Animal big four chrome
Edwin grips with ...more

big fours are tiny as hell ironically

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

3/6/2014 8:21 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Odsy r 32s chrome
Cult headset
Animal big four chrome
Edwin grips with ...more

feeble_to_face wrote:

I know. They still look sexy as fck.

|

3/6/2014 8:25 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Odsy r 32s chrome
Cult headset
Animal big four chrome
Edwin grips with ...more

feeble_to_face wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

bennys?

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

3/6/2014 8:26 PM

I don't see myself buying a new bike in the near future at all.

If I did, it'd basically just be an upgraded frame.. I'd get the Soundwave, or whatever comes after that. MAYBE a new stem, thinking about trying the Sunday Freeze out but idk if the extra rise will fuck me up or not. And a new chain, but I'm getting that in the next week or so anyway. Could use a new seat but that's not necessary, other than that I'd just get the same shit

|

3/6/2014 8:32 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

bennys?

Dam nice bars man!

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/6/2014 8:33 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

feeble_to_face wrote:

bennys?

Maybe. With a Sunday freeze stem and at LEAST 10mm of spacers and stuff on the front end that might be too high. 2hi. Awww the lawls.

|

3/7/2014 2:53 PM

Topsey wrote:

I'm going to build a whole new Bike this year, It will mean that I'll be able to Ride waaaay more than I had EVER thought I ...more

right on i can't wait to see this haha! you always have dialed builds haaha, would this happen to have anything to do with a flatland build?! I just got a An Integral Belair today (supposed to be the ltd. edition primo one) so i have that build started with absolutely no thought haha, i might go super weight whoreish on the parts and put a really fast gear ratio and make it a racer. or mabye a mid school streetland build haha. either way i want 4 piece bars and directors on it for sure (looking at a set of og screbos im mint condition) well see

|

3/7/2014 3:02 PM

Anything built by Standard in the last 5 years. It'll be a "modern" frame and still be stronger and better built than most frames out today.

|

3/7/2014 4:58 PM

sbc785 wrote:

Anything built by Standard in the last 5 years. It'll be a "modern" frame and still be stronger and better built than most ...more

word, that's exactly what i was going for with the belair because it's only a complete but its full chromo and built waaay better than 90% of frames on the market today (ok mabye a little exaggerated haha)), its also surprisingly light feeling. i have some spare parts thrown on it and all it needs is a seat and a bottom bracket to roll but the parts are dying haah. and yeah a real nice standard mabye on all american made parts would be a sight to see!

|

3/7/2014 5:02 PM

T-rider wrote:

Well, thinking, if i ever have much money, i might build a rar park bike, in case i have a park to ride lol.

get used parts and your bike will be surprisingly cheap!

|

3/7/2014 5:53 PM

Federal Stevie 20.6 blue
Fly Fuego bars polished / chrome
Eclat Nathan stem oilslick
Fit Blade Lite 2 black
Profile Mini laced to Gsport Ribcage black
Demolition Rotator v2 laced to Gsport Ribcage black
Odyssey Thunderbolts black
Tree Sprocket Chrome
Odyssey Hawk 2.4 front
Shadow valor 2.25 back

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/7/2014 6:17 PM

sbc785 wrote:

Anything built by Standard in the last 5 years. It'll be a "modern" frame and still be stronger and better built than most ...more

Standards and T1s are the only frames worth buying today IMO. Maybe a few others like some FBMs too.

|

3/8/2014 12:15 AM

i want a white s&m hucker frame! or a standard juke!

|

brakeless maniac

3/8/2014 12:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/8/2014 12:31 AM

Sunday frame, odyssey parts, kink or eastern wheels probably.

Tbh, if I continue riding for an extended period ill just be buying used parts as new is a waste to me imo anymore, plus, I have all parts except a back hub for a entire 2 more & 1/2 bikes, I doubt ill be riding in time to buy a entire new bike, I will either be a. In jail b. Given up or c. Banished to the neckbeard world and too lazy to ride.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

3/8/2014 1:10 AM

T-rider wrote:

sunny.noble wrote:

I have 40euro lol. And there isnt much deals around here, plus i dont have a park to ride and i already have a pretty dialed custom.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/8/2014 3:57 PM

T-rider wrote:

sunny.noble wrote:

T-rider wrote:

I have 40euro lol. And there isnt much deals around here, plus i dont have a park to ride and i already have a pretty dialed ...more

damn haha you do have a nice bike though, i don't so i go for quantity ahha

|

3/8/2014 3:59 PM

built a version of my belair dream haha! now for an all safety orange funday!Photo

|

3/8/2014 4:11 PM

sunny.noble wrote:

T-rider wrote:

I have 40euro lol. And there isnt much deals around here, plus i dont have a park to ride and i already have a pretty dialed ...more

sunny.noble wrote:

damn haha you do have a nice bike though, i don't so i go for quantity ahha

Yay, i dont have good rims tho.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER