Z-coaster and ti

Related:
Create New Tag

9/4/2018 5:04 PM

Is a z-coaster worth it and is it as good as everyone says it is. And are ti parts worth it as well.

|

9/4/2018 5:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/4/2018 5:07 PM

Titanium is badass , profile is badass , totally worth it , had a few profile hubs titaniumed up , rode minis for 6 years with titanium then gave them to my buddy and he’s been riding them for 2 years , can’t go wrong with profile and titanium , if you got the money ? spend it

|

9/4/2018 5:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/4/2018 5:22 PM

Not worth it for either , grab yourself a clutch V2 or a BSD Westcoaster and itll last just as long , if not longer. And titanium parts are only good if you're doing backflip triple whips . Theres no point spending 150$ on a titanium spindle unless you really want it

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/4/2018 5:56 PM

Id rather put up with the extra weight for stronger chromoly lol

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

9/4/2018 6:57 PM

Titanium is good and keeps the bike lighter. I ride all titanium spokes with pegs and no guards and haven't broke one yet

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

9/4/2018 7:23 PM

Just looked out of curiosity the clutch hub weighs 22 ounces , the bsd weighs 23.3 ounces and the profile z coaster with a 14 mm titanium axle and 9 tooth titanium driver is 16.4 ounces and has the benefit of being a free coaster that has pedal pressure when engaged

|

9/4/2018 7:25 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Just looked out of curiosity the clutch hub weighs 22 ounces , the bsd weighs 23.3 ounces and the profile z coaster with a 14 mm titanium axle and 9 tooth titanium driver is 16.4 ounces and has the benefit of being a free coaster that has pedal pressure when engaged

So $350 + whatever Ti parts is worth it for 6oz?

Cool story bro

|

9/4/2018 7:29 PM

eskimojay wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Cool story bro

And having a spring pawl system that allows for pedal pressure cassette style tricks then disengage it and freecoast absolutely worth it

|

9/4/2018 7:43 PM

eskimojay wrote:

And having a spring pawl system that allows for pedal pressure cassette style tricks then disengage it and freecoast absolutely worth it

I mean y'all can justify the price on whatever you want lol

I know i woulnt drop $350 on one hub just because of its different internals. I personally like the design of the Clutch V2 more than the Z-Coaster but whatever floats your boat my dude

|

9/4/2018 8:30 PM

The z coaster allows you to use pedal pressure also. 6 oz wheel weight is worth it for sure. If I ever got a coaster and wasnt riding pegs with it I'd get a FEC titanium coaster. It weighs in at 10.8 oz and is about 350.

|

9/4/2018 8:45 PM

Four wrote:

The z coaster allows you to use pedal pressure also. 6 oz wheel weight is worth it for sure. If I ever got a coaster and wasnt riding pegs with it I'd get a FEC titanium coaster. It weighs in at 10.8 oz and is about 350.

Just looked those up those are cool looking hubs , why wouldn’t you trust them with pegs ?

|

9/4/2018 10:44 PM

You either ride a coaster or you ride a cassette . No need to have both . Thus , a clutch is better. Profile is good but the concept is new and not as proven

|

My Cult 2 Short

9/4/2018 10:47 PM

The hub is a very cool and unique design. But the madera gulf coaster uses the same internals if you want to keep the cost down.
I've never thought ti is worth spending the extra money on though. I had a ti driver and it was worn in a year. And if you grind a lot, the axle won't last as long as chromoly either. Ti has a better strength to weight ratio than chromoly, but it isn't as strong.

The z coaster with female axle is light enough.

|

9/4/2018 11:35 PM

Yeah I'm surprised Steve is the only one mentioning the Madera Gulf Coaster, I've had one about 2 months and I absolutely love the thing, can't imagine ever wanting another hub to be honest. Cheaper than the Z coaster but is the exact same hub internally, looks gorgeous too.

|

9/5/2018 2:11 PM

I'd imagine you could get a Gulf Coaster and toss a TI axle in there? Madera and Profile are the same company so for less aesthetic value, less money, and fewer options you could grab the Gulf Coaster and see if you like it. From there as I mentioned I imagine you could swap most GC parts out for TI profile parts.

I run profile elite cranks with a TI spindle and love it.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

9/5/2018 2:22 PM

Year after year profile wins the vital readers survey for number one cranks and hubs to buy , can’t remember the last time they didn’t win it

|

9/5/2018 2:26 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

I'd imagine you could get a Gulf Coaster and toss a TI axle in there? Madera and Profile are the same company so for less aesthetic value, less money, and fewer options you could grab the Gulf Coaster and see if you like it. From there as I mentioned I imagine you could swap most GC parts out for TI profile parts.

Yeah but you can't get that street cred with Ti parts bro

|

9/5/2018 2:29 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Street cred waved bye-bye to me when Dan Lacey called out my gyro usage on Instagram. laughing

|

9/5/2018 2:51 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

You can't even ride street with ti parts, you'll be too broke to keep replacing everything all the time XD

|

9/5/2018 2:52 PM

Ti parts are good for street also. I've never broke a ti spoke.

|

9/5/2018 2:53 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Street cred waved bye-bye to me when Dan Lacey called out my gyro usage on Instagram. laughing

He did??!?! On your Insta?

|

9/5/2018 2:55 PM

eskimojay wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Cool story bro

Facts

|

9/5/2018 2:59 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Dan Lacey is a fucking previous drug addict who is nothing but a pompous asshole who can ride a bike well . The dude was a hairs length away from being kicked off Federal as well .

I respect people who say things how they are , but when you're just calling out tiny things on irrelevant shit like Dan does , it really makes yourself look retarded. The dude is washed up and should stop trying to be so edgy . Shoutout to all the riders who aren't assholes , unfortunately he is one of them

|

My Cult 2 Short

9/5/2018 3:07 PM

Nah dan lacey is the shit. I've heard someone say he was a drug addict before what's up with that?

I dont really care for his style of riding but he speaks the truth and doesnt care. Being a bmx "youtuber" is lame and so is following trends lol.

|

9/5/2018 11:18 PM

I like Dan's opinion of big bars smile
You shouldn't dislike someone because they're an ex addict, you should appreciate that they've been through a battle you can't relate to. Usually, people only turn to drugs if they've got some demons.

I've witnessed ti axles snap from park riding. I've only seen 3 ti frames irl, all were broken. I just don't think the weight saving/cost is worth it, especially when chromoly is stronger and cheaper. There's other ways to shave weight if that's your thing.
Gulf coaster and alloy female axle is cheaper than a z coaster, and probably lighter than a z coaster with chromoly male axle. But if you're peg heavy, just come to terms with the fact your bike will have to be heavy if you want it to last

|

9/6/2018 7:01 AM

Ok, so he didn't really call me out, I made a joke about his hat not falling off when he did that huge 360 out from that stairway or whatever and he said "you have a gyro!"

I've made it a habit to separate rider from riding. He's a dude who goes big, has a big mouth, and doesn't care and neither do I.

|