Zip Ties and Electrical Tape

Related:
Create New Tag

10/4/2017 12:20 PM

What are some cool uses? I always keep some with me in my truck sometimes in my riding bag.

I use zip ties for brake cable management mostly sometimes to true my wheels.

I use electrical tape for cable management, protecting certain parts from damage, and rim strip if the old one goes bad or is not present for any reason.

Anyone have some cool uses for these items, besides the basics?

|

10/4/2017 12:26 PM

zip tie and tape your hands so you stop making so many threads

|

10/4/2017 12:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2017 12:33 PM

ct-corey wrote:

Lol, so you would prefer less topics and me digging up some old ones? Done! wink

It was my understanding that new topics keep a forum active and healthy, perhaps Im wrong...

That was a clever response though.

|

10/4/2017 12:41 PM

I haven't really used electrical tape or zip ties on my bike because I don't really have anything on my bike to use them for.... and ct-corey, don't be like that bro that's not really cool... c'mon Bulletpup has a broken foot its not like he's trolling or anything he's just probably bored....

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

10/4/2017 12:46 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

I haven't really used electrical tape or zip ties on my bike because I don't really have anything on my bike to use them ...more

True! I am bored as shit! Lol

Ive had my bikes just fucking starring at me for like 4 weeks now...with another 10wks to go before Im allowed to sit and pedal.

This forum is helping me both learn new things and feel more connected to the bmx community. I have never been a part of a forum before so the vibe is all new to me.

Good observation Honda! smile

|

10/4/2017 12:49 PM

ct-corey wrote:

i lol'd

|

10/4/2017 12:52 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

I haven't really used electrical tape or zip ties on my bike because I don't really have anything on my bike to use them ...more

Bulletpup wrote:

Ive had my bikes just fucking starring at me for like 4 weeks now...with another 10wks to go ...more

Haha yeah bro I've been where you're at before... I broke my collarbone racing motocross last year and I was out for 12 weeks... I was so bored and thats pretty much when I found VitalBMX as well and I've been an active four member ever since... but VitalBMX usually is pretty dead and there weren't alot if people posting here. By since you joined the fourm you've made interesting and fun threads to post in and get to know the rest/more if the VitalBMX community...

|

10/4/2017 1:07 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Ive had my bikes just fucking starring at me for like 4 weeks now...with another 10wks to go ...more

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Haha yeah bro I've been where you're at before... I broke my collarbone racing motocross last year and I was out for 12 ...more

Thank you for the implied compliment, I really appreciate it. I will probably post another useless topic in a few hours for the newer people looking for a starter bike or someone looking for a somewhat decent backup.

Youve probably heard quite a bit about the mongoose legion l100 and I have one coming today as you know. I Plan on doing a super detailed breakdown of it. Every part individually reviewed and of course the overall bike quality.

I feel like it will help the newer riders make an informed decision about whether the purchase will be right for them or not and also help them decide which parts to upgrade in what order or which parts will most likely break with hard use.

Its funny that you happened upon this site in a similar way! Lol

|

10/4/2017 1:47 PM

ct-corey wrote:

Amen

|

10/4/2017 1:49 PM

wink
|

10/4/2017 2:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2017 2:31 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Haha yeah bro I've been where you're at before... I broke my collarbone racing motocross last year and I was out for 12 ...more

Bulletpup wrote:

Thank you for the implied compliment, I really appreciate it. I will probably post another useless topic in a few hours for ...more

Yeah that's cool you can just go out and buy new bikes like that bro... I wish I could do that and make reviews and have fun, maybe soon though!

|

10/4/2017 2:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2017 2:34 PM

Im glad your posting cool and fun threads and not like, how do I put grips on my HAndLeBarS?grin grin

|

10/4/2017 3:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2017 3:58 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Im glad your posting cool and fun threads and not like, how do I put grips on my HAndLeBarS?grin grin

Or "is this a good bike" *posts a literal child's bike*. I'm a mod on the BMX subreddit and it's ALL I see. I get everyone starts from somewhere but damn. I'm probably singlehandedly responsible for about 20% of the Kink Whips out on the street these days.

|

10/4/2017 3:57 PM

ct-corey wrote:

The forums on this site used to be like this ALL the time and it was super funny. I wish I was active like 5 years ago in this.

|

10/4/2017 4:22 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Super-Pawl wrote:

Or "is this a good bike" *posts a literal child's bike*. I'm a mod on the BMX subreddit and it's ALL I see. I get everyone ...more

Yeah I know it's so funnygrin "is the a good bike?" Shows a pink tinkerbell Walmart Huffy bike *Facepalm* grin grin

|

10/4/2017 5:11 PM

I'm currently using electrical tape to tape down an eraser ro my wrist, I'm using it to get rid of this disgusting ganglion cyst.

|

10/4/2017 5:54 PM

Two of my last uses of electrical tape was. Using the tape as a gasket around my valve stem so my rim would not cut the valve. Also used the tape around my barends so they stayed in more solidly.

|

10/4/2017 6:05 PM

Wrapped on bars under grips to make em thicker
Poor man band aids
hold pants from catching in chains (when pants weren't painted on)
tire sidewall temp patch (used cardboard from soda/pop box with it)
rim strip
stripes on frame for painting
that's about it

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/4/2017 6:06 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Thank you for the implied compliment, I really appreciate it. I will probably post another useless topic in a few hours for ...more

Is the review done yet!! tongue

|

10/4/2017 7:42 PM

Zip ties to put my grips on, and i have used electrical tape for rim strips before. Works good

|

10/4/2017 9:11 PM

Zipties to keep everything dialed. Hate rattly cables.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

10/5/2017 9:15 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Slater wrote:

It is! Uploading still i will post the link here and in another thread where I go over some more things. Im sure everyone likes the sound of a new topic started by yours truly! Lol

Anyway, it will be great for new users to reference!

|

10/5/2017 9:31 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

It is! Uploading still i will post the link here and in another thread where I go over some more things. Im sure everyone ...more

Cool! I'm pretty stoked to hear a reveiw on the Mongoose!

|

10/5/2017 10:01 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Slater wrote:

Here is the link

|

10/7/2017 12:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/7/2017 12:10 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

What are some cool uses? I always keep some with me in my truck sometimes in my riding bag.

I use zip ties for brake cable ...more

I use zip ties to true my wheels and tension them. I don’t trust my brakes as a perfectly straight line.

Cables I use tape, always. I used zip ties once and fell and unlike tape that rips or stretches and it snapped my cable

|

10/7/2017 2:32 AM

Zip tie around your tire and go through the snow lol

|

Ride till you die

10/9/2017 10:46 PM

Wayne S wrote:

Two of my last uses of electrical tape was. Using the tape as a gasket around my valve stem so my rim would not cut the valve. ...more

I like the valve stem idea! Thank you!

|

10/10/2017 4:50 AM

I, honestly, do not understand the hate of "stupid threads". I mean, this forum gets stagnant DAILY. Without something new to read & comment on, it is really a bummer. & Like said earlier, it's better than the "is this bike good..." threads. Although, this forum gets so boring at times that those threads are actually welcome. Think about that for a minute....

|

10/10/2017 5:25 AM

Wayne S wrote:

Two of my last uses of electrical tape was. Using the tape as a gasket around my valve stem so my rim would not cut the valve. ...more

Bulletpup wrote:

If the rim cuts into your valve stem just file the edges smooth

|

10/10/2017 7:00 AM

Wayne S wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

If the rim cuts into your valve stem just file the edges smooth

True but some extra protection in that area is welcome I think. Also a very good suggestion Steve!

|