ZodiacEng

Related:
Create New Tag

12/6/2010 3:00 PM

So I'm planning on having them machine a Mix axle for me to run G-Sport bolts (someone on here said, they did it, so I checked into it. Thanks to whoever that was). But does anyone know if I should buy a new axle and have them turn it or just send in my axle, which is already chopped and kinda stripped?

Link for shits and giggles.
http://www.zodiaceng.com/

|

12/6/2010 3:59 PM

that was me! ahah i just got another one done. but naww i think itll be fine.

|

sittin on the porch with a fresh pair a shoes~!

refs: hunthobb2

12/6/2010 4:01 PM

I would get a new one just in case shit fucks up, then you aren't without one for a while.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/6/2010 4:12 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I would get a new one just in case shit fucks up, then you aren't without one for a while.

That's what I was thinking. But it's snowing here anyway, and there's no indoor parks, so I've got time.

i_ridekink - Haha, yeah, it was! Thanks bro. wink

|

12/6/2010 4:19 PM

no probwink

|

sittin on the porch with a fresh pair a shoes~!

refs: hunthobb2

12/6/2010 7:22 PM

BuMp

|

12/6/2010 8:04 PM

Kenealy wrote:

That's what I was thinking. But it's snowing here anyway, and there's no indoor parks, so I've got time.

theres krush, circus, and 4 seasons not too far, but its not like you ride anymore.

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

12/6/2010 8:16 PM

carjakester wrote:

theres krush, circus, and 4 seasons not too far, but its not like you ride anymore.

I've got no way to get to any of them. I get one or two rides a winter, and that's about it. And just because I don't ride with you doesn't mean I don't ride ever. Besides, you've called or texted me to ride like, two or three times in the past few months.

|

12/6/2010 8:19 PM

Kenealy wrote:

carjakester wrote:

Kenealy wrote:

I've got no way to get to any of them. I get one or two rides a winter, and that's about it. And just because I don't ride with you doesn't mean I don't ride ever. Besides, you've called or texted me to ride like, two or three times in the past few months.

you have had no contact with any of the 20 or so riders in our area since early summer, everyone thinks you quit.

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

12/6/2010 8:20 PM

carjakester wrote:

Kenealy wrote:

carjakester wrote:

you have had no contact with any of the 20 or so riders in our area since early summer, everyone thinks you quit.

No one calls me, and when I call everyone's in Westmont or doesn't have room, and I'm stuck riding everywhere. Sounds like a GREAT day!

|

12/6/2010 8:22 PM

Kenealy wrote:

No one calls me, and when I call everyone's in Westmont or doesn't have room, and I'm stuck riding everywhere. Sounds like a GREAT day!

should have called me

|

12/6/2010 8:25 PM

carjakester wrote:

should have called me

You always wanted to stay with Bobby. I figured screw it and hung out with my girlfriend and other friends the rest of the summer, and I had that surgery and couldn't do too much in the middle of August either. After that, it was just riding with people who go to my school. And there's no point to arguing this. I'm riding this winter if I can get the rides and have my bike together.

|

12/6/2010 8:27 PM

sounds good, ill call you if im going to krush or circus, what did you get surgery for btw?

|

12/6/2010 8:27 PM

this sounds like a personal problem.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

12/6/2010 8:30 PM

carjakester wrote:

sounds good, ill call you if im going to krush or circus, what did you get surgery for btw?

Alright, just give me a heads up with circus, I still need the waiver signed... And that mouth surgery thing, to bring some tooth outta my pallet. I just couldn't really ride or anything for like, 2 weeks. Fuck braces.

|

12/6/2010 8:30 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

Not if you helped me with the original question. wink

|

12/6/2010 8:31 PM

carjakester wrote:

Kenealy wrote:

Alright, just give me a heads up with circus, I still need the waiver signed... And that mouth surgery thing, to bring some tooth outta my pallet. I just couldn't really ride or anything for like, 2 weeks. Fuck braces.

i think my dad has a notiterizor thingy, and that sucks.

|

12/6/2010 8:32 PM

|

12/6/2010 8:33 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

Kenealy wrote:

Not if you helped me with the original question. wink

what part of the original axle is stripped?

if its the threads where the bolts are i would just leave it since those are getting cut off anyways.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

12/6/2010 8:52 PM

Yeah, it's where the nuts are. Just realized I got a response those. Ken at Zodiac is pretty on top of things. (The emails read from bottom to top)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, then I'll be sure to send the new axle and internals your way as soon as the parts come in later this week. Thanks for all the help again. Really appreciate it.

-Nick Kenealy

Nicholas,

Sending the cash in the box is fine with me. I'm not sweating it. Also, if you send a new axle I won't really need all of the internals as I can work off the stock length. If you can send the internals that will ensure everything is right for your setup though. There are sometimes running changes with parts.

-Ken

Right now I have a new axle on the way, so if that one would be better or easier to work with, I could send that one in no problem. Also, I should be running 3/8 pegs with this setup, so just the 4mm should be good.

And one final question, would cash shipped in the box with the axle and parts be okay? Or would you prefer a check or credit card?

Thanks for all the quick responses and details for this, too. I've been looking for 3/8 axle setup like this for a good year now and just found you guys. The least I could do is put up a thread on Vital.

-Nick Kenealy

Thanks Nick!

Our shipping address is as follows:

Zodiac Engineering
335 S. Lemon St. #F
Orange, CA 92866
United States

If you can send the bearings, driver and all the spacers/locknuts that would be ideal, if your axle is banged up or cut already. I do not need your shell or the springs/pawls.

Also, will you be running 14mm pegs? Reason I ask is if I should leave extra material to protrude the dropout into the peg. If not I usually leave around 4mm past the lock nut to support in the dropouts.

Thanks for the mention on Vital!

-Ken

Alright. I'm hoping to have the axle sent later this week then. Where should I send it? And anything else I should include with it?

-Nick Kenealy

Hi Nick,

Yes, that is correct. Turn around time is usually under two days and I ship USPS in a flat rate box at $4.95 if you are in The States.

A new axle from scratch will likely run around $70 with the collars plus shipping. I haven't done an axle with threadless collars for the Mix before so I can't say for sure how well it will work out. Looking over everything within the hub it looks like it will work out okay, but I am worried about too much preload on the bearings, which is why the stock hardware is nice. Turn around time on a one-off axle and collars may be up to two weeks before I can send it out.

-Ken

So to have the stock turned into a female, I would have to have to ship you an axle, correct? And out of curiosity, about how much would it cost to have a new one turned with hardware?

-Nick Kenealy

Nick,

For all of the Primo Mix hubs I have done I have femaled the stock axle. This allows the use of the stock hardware and helps to keep the price down for the customer.

I can also turn a new axle if desired, although I would
need to turn new hardware as well. Ideally the stock is simply modified.

Price on this runs $24 + Shipping back to you.

-Ken

Do you guys make custom hub axles? I was looking for a female axle to fit a Primo Mix Cassette hub. Thank you!

-Nick Kenealy

|