a dying color

Related:
Create New Tag

7/5/2012 8:44 PM

ok, so over the past couple of years ive been riding, ive noticed companys have moved away from white. i happen to run a white bike set up, and its really bothering me because i cannot find certain parts, frames forks ect. some companys do, others dont. i personally think white bikes look good, and stand out. anyone else feel like its just becoming a stealth black/raw thing now?

|

love you mom. rest in peace.
on a lighter note.... "RIP Kim Jong II, He might have been a cruel dictator, but he was sure fun to make fun of."

7/5/2012 8:53 PM

not really

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

7/5/2012 8:53 PM

White just looks shitty after a while cause it shows dirt and scuffs. And white is definetly not dying imo.

|

Startin a new team of BMX lesbians called Bikes N Dykes

7/5/2012 9:01 PM

I had a hard time finding a company I like who made a good quality front hub in white for the longest time. but not really.

|

7/5/2012 9:07 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I had a hard time finding a company I like who made a good quality front hub in white for the longest time. but not really.

one
two
three
four
five
all very quality front hubs in white.
|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

7/5/2012 9:14 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

carjakester wrote: one
two
three
four
five
all very quality front hubs in white.

one- Don't like profile. and I don't like how the bolts are allen key only
two- Hate shadow, very bad experiences with their parts & customer service on more than one occasion.
three- too beefy for my liking although I did consider it
four- had it thinking it was good when I was on the hunt for a hub. spun like shit after only a week of having it, bearings are smaller than most normal hubs and no it's not user error, I'm not a retard and I actually know how to maintain my stuff.
five- don't like the flangeless look, I love primo but I'm not a fan of flangeless. did consider it the v1 though as the v2 wasn't out when I was on the hunt

I ended up finding a Demolition mary-kate hub on LIB.com in white and got that, would probably have just gotten the n4fl if I didn't find the mary-kate. Had it for over 5 months now and it still rolls like brand new

|

7/5/2012 10:03 PM

i want a white frame

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

follow me on instagram! @neck_brace
also go like my media page on facebook! jiraffe media
also follow jiraffe media on insta! @jiraffe_media

7/6/2012 1:16 AM

Green is dying

|

7/6/2012 1:37 AM

BmxNinja101 wrote:

Green is dying

Agreed 100%. My friend is having the hardest time ever finding anodized green, like not lime green like primo makes, legit green. it's such a sick color I think

|

7/6/2012 6:11 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

one- Don't like profile. and I don't like how the bolts are allen key only
two- Hate shadow, very bad experiences with their parts & customer service on more than one occasion.
three- too beefy for my liking although I did consider it
four- had it thinking it was good when I was on the hunt for a hub. spun like shit after only a week of having it, bearings are smaller than most normal hubs and no it's not user error, I'm not a retard and I actually know how to maintain my stuff.
five- don't like the flangeless look, I love primo but I'm not a fan of flangeless. did consider it the v1 though as the v2 wasn't out when I was on the hunt

I ended up finding a Demolition mary-kate hub on LIB.com in white and got that, would probably have just gotten the n4fl if I didn't find the mary-kate. Had it for over 5 months now and it still rolls like brand new

"Quality" has nothing to do with personal opinions about a company or the looks of a product. Bad experiences are understandable to an extent. However, if the bad experience leads you to believe the product will never ever get better, that's when it's time to step back some. Not hating, just saying.

|

7/6/2012 6:13 AM

As for the color white, I'd say it's more of a rare color than it is dying.

|

7/6/2012 7:29 AM

I hate white parts

|

Yeaaaaaaaah boyyyy!

7/6/2012 10:08 AM

BmxNinja101 wrote:

Green is dying

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Agreed 100%. My friend is having the hardest time ever finding anodized green, like not lime green like primo makes, legit green. it's such a sick color I think

odysseys matte kelley green... but i dont really see it that much anymore

|

virginia beach ~ instagram: @_harru_ ~ 4pegz

7/6/2012 1:23 PM

Fondue wrote:

"Quality" has nothing to do with personal opinions about a company or the looks of a product. Bad experiences are understandable to an extent. However, if the bad experience leads you to believe the product will never ever get better, that's when it's time to step back some. Not hating, just saying.

Read my first post in this thread
"sundaybmxRR wrote: I had a hard time finding a company I like who made a good quality front hub in white for the longest time. but not really."

I said I had a hard time finding parts from companies I like that were of good quality. If something's good quality & just a random brand I don't know, I won't get it. Same if I don't like the company. I like having a company stand behind their products but I do get what you're saying

|

7/6/2012 1:35 PM

Orange is really starting to rise.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

7/6/2012 3:37 PM

brown

|

7/6/2012 6:43 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Read my first post in this thread
"sundaybmxRR wrote: I had a hard time finding a company I like who made a good quality front hub in white for the longest time. but not really."

I said I had a hard time finding parts from companies I like that were of good quality. If something's good quality & just a random brand I don't know, I won't get it. Same if I don't like the company. I like having a company stand behind their products but I do get what you're saying

so why don't you like profile? i had the same hub set for 5 years without any problems. and i just sold them to get a new set. which i'm sure i'll have for another 5

|

Maintenance guy at The Railyard Bike Park in Rogers, Arkansas

facebook.com/TheRailyardAR/
Insta @the_railyard

facebook.com/tedhuie
Insta @ted_danger

7/6/2012 7:10 PM

id agree with alot of the opinions you guys, and like it was said, its rare. but it keeps things looking good when you do actually see one. id really like to see some different colors come back. the good ano green should really come back, i like it. i honestly thought this wasnt going to be a good thread.

|

love you mom. rest in peace.
on a lighter note.... "RIP Kim Jong II, He might have been a cruel dictator, but he was sure fun to make fun of."

7/6/2012 9:12 PM

tedhuie wrote:

so why don't you like profile? i had the same hub set for 5 years without any problems. and i just sold them to get a new set. which i'm sure i'll have for another 5

They're too much money for what they are, if you got the money then go for it. but a primo mix and any regular front hub does the job just as well and you can buy that & any other front hub for the same price as just the profile cassette. nothing is special at all about their hubs in my opinion.

|

7/7/2012 10:11 AM

BmxNinja101 wrote:

Green is dying

sundaybmxRR wrote:

ithe only green i could find for my bike on parts i wanted was pedals..cranks..and grips

|

7/7/2012 1:15 PM

FreddyDapice wrote:

Orange is really starting to rise.

still hard to find orange stuff though, i just picked up a Cult cc12 for my kid for his first pedal bike and ive been having trouble finding certain orange parts for it.

and im kinda pissed that i ordered an orange Cult occult seat, and it doesnt even match.....

|

7/7/2012 10:11 PM

White isn't a color.

|

REFS: Superstar DK