a few ? about how you guys do stuff (Kinda long)

Related:
Create New Tag

12/15/2014 8:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/15/2014 8:29 AM

I have been getting really comfortable on my bmx lately, it's a cheaper one but I like it a lot for what I am doing. I can only do minimal stuff, but I am cool with that. I can manual for about 6-8 parking spaces, I can bunnyhop about 15", and I am just learning to ride out of fakie and tinker around with trying 180s every here and there but can barely do a 90 cuz I am scared but whatevs. I am not being too hard on myself and stressin out, I'm really just having fun with it all and enjoying it. lol Anyway, I'd like to hear about how you guys feel about a few things since I'm such a noob and have no bmx friends at all in person.

1. Manuals - I have finally gotten the hang of them, feeling really comfortable doing tall medium and low mannys. This question sounds silly but I find as I am setting up my feet to get ready to manny, my stance is completely different from my hops. I find my feet are centered over my pedals when I hop doing the scooping motion, but when I manual it's almost like my feet are tip toed and angled on my pedals. Do you guys find yourself doing this, or are your feet also center over your pedals? I know this is a preference thing, but I am just curious as to how you guys do them. I just started to take notice when I watch the pros on Youtube, and with most of them their feet look centered on the pedals as they perfectly glide across whatever road surface they are on lol

2. My bearings are sealed on my cassette hub, but they are cheap china rims/hubs that have had noticeable imperfections with rolling resistance and even balance. (it doesn't spin perfectly straight, but I deal lol) I love my bike the way it is, but I can't help but wonder if a new rear hub set up would help me roll a little farther, a little easier and a little smoother, especially when doing mannys. The pros just glide sometimes, and I can glide like that for a little too but I feel like maybe my cheap hub could be holding me back?

3. Tire pressure - Whats the deal with the 100PSI tires, I am riding 65 max psi tires but what are some good qualities the 100psi tires offer? I ride mainly street, are 100psi tires mainly for park?

Thanks in advanced for your feed back everyone. Have an awesome day!

|

12/15/2014 8:48 AM

100 psi tires keep pinch flats to a minimum and keep your rim from hitting the ground when you do big drops.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

12/15/2014 9:06 AM

100psi breaks your wrists. If someone says they ride 100psi and dont have snapped wrists 100% of the time, theyre liers and probably worship satan.

Never looked at my feet in mannys, but i dont think my toes are one the peddles

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

12/15/2014 9:28 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

100 psi tires keep pinch flats to a minimum and keep your rim from hitting the ground when you do big drops.

Thanks dude! Good to know, not going to worry about getting 100psi tires until i get a lot better than lol

|

12/15/2014 9:32 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

100psi breaks your wrists. If someone says they ride 100psi and dont have snapped wrists 100% of the time, theyre liers and probably worship satan.

For real, I feel like my wrists going to snap at 65maxpsi i can only imagine 100 lol next time u ride If you remember to check out ur foot placement when doing mannys and maybe let me know that would be highly appreciated.

|

12/15/2014 10:02 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

I ride at 100psi!!

But no, I used to however, tires naturally lose air from that going back to 100 wasnt feeling so great. I now keep them at no less then 80 .

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

12/15/2014 11:02 AM

I ride 100 psi and my wrists never hurt , the key to that is to ride fast as fuck , if you just ride ledges and rails and ride slow 100 psi I could see hurting the wrists

|

12/15/2014 2:27 PM

to the manual question i do the exact same thing as you do and on nose manuals also but i think thats just cause its easier to scoop with

|

12/15/2014 2:52 PM

I ride like 70 psi. I only ride street though, i never go fast, and i also suck haha. Better grip for da tires

|

Insta: @thenoahrolf
Refs: Hatebreeder, vinum
Bike Check

Wrong! Russia doesn't even have gays! America is 80% homosexual! - mantaymark

the word n****r actually means ignorant in its original definition it wasn't until the internet became popular and it was changed to mean black people - OneGuyIlluminatiEye

12/15/2014 3:26 PM

i ride 80
my wrists never hurt, definitely better than riding on 60psi marshmallows

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/15/2014 4:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/15/2014 4:10 PM

EddiMundo wrote:

solarsoundwave87 wrote:

For real, I feel like my wrists going to snap at 65maxpsi i can only imagine 100 lol next time u ride If you remember to check out ur foot placement when doing mannys and maybe let me know that would be highly appreciated.

2.4 tires. sideways
a smigy slower tho

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

12/15/2014 7:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/15/2014 7:59 PM

Yep, I run 85 PSI tops and when I drop slower, even at 75 PSI, my wrists will kinda hurt.. As for the manual, maybe a visual clip can help us determine some things?

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

12/15/2014 9:13 PM

practice 180s on a banked space... its easier, and will leave ya less scared

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "