a hub question and crank arm grind question

Related:
Create New Tag

11/12/2011 8:04 PM

1: When i crank and start going and then take my feet off ( say standing on the back pegs, but still going forward) the cranks spin i.e. ghost pedaling, why does is do this? I have a bicycle union v2 LHD hub and my homie said that there is some kind of seal on the inside of my hub that broke and if i pull it out it will be good. If it matters i run my chain very tight

in short: my cranks spin on their own

2: how the shit do you do crank arm grinds? i was trying them today and i was sliding for a little while but idk is it supposed to feel awkward as hell? and i've already seen then Trey Jones and The Jim C. vids so dont worry about posting them.

|

Ref(s):xBikeaholicx,SafetyFirst

11/12/2011 8:12 PM

my bike does the same thing. im pretty sure its normal. does it do it all the time? mine only does it when im goiing slow. if im hauling ass and take both feet off they usually stay where they are

|

SUNDAY OG
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Sign

11/12/2011 8:13 PM

og-rider wrote:

my bike does the same thing. im pretty sure its normal. does it do it all the time? mine only does it when im goiing slow. if im hauling ass and take both feet off they usually stay where they are

the same, but the opposite it does it when i go fast but not slow if not both

|

Ref(s):xBikeaholicx,SafetyFirst

11/12/2011 8:15 PM

your pedals should not move when your feet are off the pedals. best thing to do would be to take apart the hub and clean and re grease it. check to see if anything else is broken too.

|

A bike is not a bike if it doesn't have air in the tires.
Bike Check
BSD Front Street Hub Review
Primo Mix Review
Why You WEAR a mouthguard!
Refs.
\BMX-1995/

11/12/2011 8:18 PM

every bike ive ever had has done that.

|

Boldly going nowhere.

BIKE CHECK.

11/12/2011 8:29 PM

your chain is too tight and your hub bearings may have a broken.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

11/12/2011 10:48 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

your chain is too tight and your hub bearings may have a broken.

THIS

|

11/13/2011 12:08 AM

for the crank grinds the more sideways you are the cleaner it feels and looks...unless you fall over

|