a problem that fit won't help me with...

Related:
Create New Tag

12/4/2016 6:27 PM

recently, I've noticed something perculiar on my Fit S3 Aitken. After seeing my buddies , and looking it up online, I've noticed my frame has no brake mounts. here is his: Photo

look closely at the drop outs and you see them. here is mine: Photo

if you look at my top tube/ dropouts, you'll notice (aside from having to run a non matching backup tire :p ) that there are no brake mounts to be found. I know this is a Fit S3 aitken, and fit themselves couldn't explain it. they're both the same year too. if anyone can explain this, it'll be greatly appreciated. smile

|

12/5/2016 12:48 AM

Whoever had that frame before you probably took a grinder and cut the mounts off.
Or it's not the frame you think it is (not sure if fit ever made a brakeless frame?)

|

12/5/2016 6:45 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Whoever had that frame before you probably took a grinder and cut the mounts off.
Or it's not the frame you think it is (not ...more

actually, I think I've figured it out. this is a fit specs sheet from 2008.Photo

if you look at the row labeled "S3 aitken" it is labeled as having a brakeless order option. wish they still did that today personally.

|

12/5/2016 7:24 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

MooseyLuck wrote:

actually, I think I've figured it out. this is a fit specs sheet from 2008.Photo

if you look at the row labeled "S3 aitken" it is ...more

Ah, awesome! Yeah it would be good if they offered that still. But they make them in big batches, and to be able to let people pick things like that is awkward as hell. They may end up with a load of frames no one wants, or not enough of another.

|

12/5/2016 11:51 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Hey if someone did grind it off and there's no rear guide, are ya better off buying one of those replacement sets
(Like this https://www.danscomp.com/products/489902/We_The_People_Replacement_990_Brake_Mounts.html)

or having a LBS try to braze something on?

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

12/5/2016 3:59 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Charliekeet wrote:

Hey if someone did grind it off and there's no rear guide, are ya better off buying one of those replacement sets
(Like this ...more

i don't think those work, i'm pretty sure those are for frames with removable/re screw-able mounts. :/

|

12/5/2016 4:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/5/2016 4:21 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Charliekeet wrote:

(Like this ...more

MooseyLuck wrote:

i don't think those work, i'm pretty sure those are for frames with removable/re screw-able mounts. :/

Hmm ok thx. Yeah there's a flat place under the TT where the rear guide should be & it came with a brake so I guess I'll bring it in if I decide to add a rear brake.

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

12/7/2016 7:55 PM

I know a dude who got a frame that came without a cable stop for the rear brakes, so they had the choice of mailing it back to have that added for free OR a different frame and that one for like 50 bucks. They sold it to another kid for 100 new, (he was brakeless) and got a new one.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura