Create New Tag

5/27/2014 4:49 AM

'If profile make a freecoaster that makes a sound, I'll get one'

Let the discussion begin.

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

5/27/2014 4:53 AM

Just replied to Your text! IRONNNNNYYYYYYYYY!!! They ARE making a Freecoaster & it DOES make the clicking noise of Their Cassettes!

|

5/27/2014 5:06 AM

Im guessing its a cassette and the driver engages like a normal coaster driver, it threads down to engage, BUT instead of threading into a clutch, it has pawls and springs and threads into a ratchet ring.

Will be interested to see how it holds up. Will it be more likely to engage or stay engaged for fakies? Will you be able to pedal pressure DURING fakie? The world will never know!

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

5/27/2014 5:37 AM

Having to back pedal to disengage the Driver every single time though? Surely even for the biggest Profile fan boy that'll get tedious!

|

5/27/2014 5:40 AM

I dont have a problem with a coaster making a sound. Towards the last week of every month my reloader would make a slight whining/grinding sound that i kinda liked when it needed more grease. haha

I do, however, have a problem with things like the coaster needing to be disengaged with a full crank. We will find out i guess how it all works soon enough.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

5/27/2014 5:46 AM

They have already released a statement months back saying it doesn't need back pedaling to disengage, that was just the riders preferance to ensure it wouldn't re engage. Alot of people do this with regular coasters aswell. They showed a video of him riding without back pedaling.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

5/27/2014 6:54 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

They have already released a statement months back saying it doesn't need back pedaling to disengage, that was just the riders ...more

Come to think of it, i remember that. haha

I still rather have a coaster that never made any sound. It may be nice though. It may be the new coaster for park rats around the world.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

5/27/2014 7:21 AM

the thing is, thats one of the things I like about a coaster, just hearing your tyres on the ground is a much better sound i think!!

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

5/27/2014 7:28 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

the thing is, thats one of the things I like about a coaster, just hearing your tyres on the ground is a much better sound i ...more

Tell me about it! I was roasting some bowls yesterday with my FAFs and i felt like i was being chased by a zipper! Even over the sound of my cassette my tires were roaring!

|

5/27/2014 8:57 AM

pshhh just put a baseball card on your back wheel

|

5/27/2014 9:06 AM

The only reason i would want a coaster would be because i like quite hubs...

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop