a weird thing fit is doing....

Related:
Create New Tag

10/22/2008 4:54 PM

I just saw the dakota frame preview and i am so disapointed. It's a raw S3.5
why is fit making 4 times the same frame???
dehart-cleveland-S3.5-dakota all have 13.65 chainstay, 75 headtube, intergrated seat clamp, small dropouts (super small ones on the cleveland)
the dehart and cleveland are sanko but i dont get the point of having the SAME exact geometry ( the 1 degree of tilt more on the eddie seat tube is not gonna make a difference)
I think it doesn't make sense and it is plain stupid to sell 4 different frames ( more like 2 that have the same geometry one being sanko and the other one made in usa at 400$)
like WTF i thought dakota was getting steeper headtube and shorter chainstay but he is getting the same frame he had a S3.5 before now he has a raw one with his own stickers

Dakota roche and Eddie cleveland are my favorite riders i love them but their signature frames are dissapointing. I am really happy eddie is finally getting signature parts (grips, frame, bars, seat...) he was sooo underrated and dakota too

|

jb07, Zachary_, Showtime402, bobPa, dee hos, joe-rod56, "idk i'm a loser", Gsport23, JoeGreen, Trenty Doo, fly for life,laloest

10/22/2008 4:57 PM

dak frame looks pretty sick but it really is a raw version of the 3.5 its like an s3 only stronger and smaller

|

LIVE HARD, RIDE HARD, DIE HARD

no brakes 4 pegs... streets all day

10/22/2008 5:49 PM

I've been thinking the same thing

|

Maintenance guy at The Railyard Bike Park in Rogers, Arkansas

facebook.com/TheRailyardAR/
Insta @the_railyard

facebook.com/tedhuie
Insta @ted_danger

10/22/2008 6:21 PM

i mean the dak frame is sick, i like the raw better then my black S3.5 but i really dont get it

|

jb07, Zachary_, Showtime402, bobPa, dee hos, joe-rod56, "idk i'm a loser", Gsport23, JoeGreen, Trenty Doo, fly for life,laloest

10/22/2008 7:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 5:31 PM

Ahh its fits chioce. Kinda stupid though. Olus S&M (Same damn thing) make the LTF ant the only diference is the chainstays are cooler lookin and mabe stronger.

|

"I am just hoping that you are joking and if ur not then you should make like an ostrich and stick your head in the dirt!"

10/23/2008 6:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 5:32 PM

the ltf is lighter im pretty sure..

fit got its start from S&M so that should explain thier colaboration.. i noticed a big craze over the fit completes but most of them i saw came with hi-ten frames.. i guess the idea is to buy a nice fit frame later but iono.. i like to go the other way around and start with the bad ass frame. i actually just had one built for me by standard.. ill post about it when i get it and all the details.. they will do it for anyone you just have to contact them.

|

-- doing business like its a business since 1985 --

"*a08 is awesome" -Penman166

a08's Street Build

a08's Ohio Standard - STOLEN - REWARD IF FOUND

WTB: Chrome GSport Birdcage Rims

10/23/2008 8:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 5:32 PM

Yeah it's odd. As far as how similar the S3.5 is to the LTF...I've been wondering the same thing. The Fit webpage says the S3.5 is 4.2 pounds, and the S&M page says the LTF is 4.2 pounds. But danscomp says the S3.5 is 4 pounds 9.2 ounces (4.575 pounds) and the LTF is 4 pounds 7 ounces (approximately 4.438 pounds).

Only 2.2 ounces difference? Must be the integrated seat clamp bolt on the 3.5. smile Just a thought.

|

"Robert better not get in my face... 'cause I'll drop that m*f*!" - Brennan Huff (Will Ferrell) in Step Brothers

10/23/2008 9:23 AM

DAK loves the aitken frame and thats what he is always riding before this. So it only makes sense for him to want something similiar to the aitken. I understand what you guys are saying but dont you get what I mean?

|

kylemcelligott.com

10/23/2008 10:54 AM

KyleGunz wrote:

DAK loves the aitken frame and thats what he is always riding before this. So it only makes sense for him to want something similiar to the aitken. I understand what you guys are saying but dont you get what I mean?

all the riders like the same geometry, and there are a bunch of differences in the frames tubing that make it there own, like the s.3.5 has the teardrop dt, the dehart is 100%butted and tappered, w/ machiened st and ht, the dak frame from what i hear is made of smaller but thicker tubing the the other frames, etc.

and hey, is there a new eddie coming out cause, its not on dans, and on the ride bike check he said he was on a prototype? just wondering

|

10/23/2008 1:09 PM

thers only so many designs u can give a frame without i feeling dumb

|

10/23/2008 3:29 PM

well there is a difference between all of them and thats the top tube height and that can greatly effect how the bike rides

|

i like.... stuff

10/23/2008 4:18 PM

will any of them come in white?

|

10/23/2008 4:27 PM

the dakota roache frame has a top and bottom gussett by the headtube though right??

|

go high

10/23/2008 5:05 PM

Its also got 4Q baked tubing and dent resistant top tube.

|

10/24/2008 6:01 PM

I'm not a big fan of Fit frames, but the team is awesome.

|

This message is brought to you by JonathanAllen.

[LINK TO IMAGE]
This is Red Panda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_panda

MOTW 5/17/2010 - 5/23/2010