advice

Related:
Create New Tag

6/5/2008 9:34 AM

ok so i have a fit am that i just bought about a month ago and ive already started to customize it. Im going to have enough money for a new frame in about a week or so. Should i just that money to continue to upgrade my bike or should I buy a better frame and put my parts on it and then go on with customization?

|

kylemcelligott.com

6/5/2008 11:30 AM

parts then frame
that is what i did. Had a good size frame 20.75 and i wanted bigger bars and lighter wheels
Any ways chossing a good frame is hard because you have to notice the difference in the geometry and stuff. I tried hella bike and i like the 75ht and a shorter back end, so i ordered a s3.5
dude get really good parts
dont buy intermiediate parts because you will end up changing them.
The fit am is a good bikeanyways

|

6/5/2008 11:37 AM

frame then parts. unless the current frame is a mid bb and internal headset.

frame then parts so that when you buy a new headset or cranks the headset/bb isn't going to waste as soon as you update the frame.

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

6/5/2008 6:30 PM

so i should get a frame? The fit am dowsnt have an integrated headset

|

kylemcelligott.com

6/5/2008 7:41 PM

anyone else?

|

kylemcelligott.com

6/5/2008 7:43 PM

yea get the frame and put the parts into it then start customizing i think its a faster way to get a better pro custom bike

|

6/5/2008 7:48 PM

okay cool thanks man

|

kylemcelligott.com

6/5/2008 8:32 PM

I would rock the parts first, you may just love your setup with some new parts

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/5/2008 8:48 PM

I got a question dude. Is your frame 100 percent chromoly? Do you like the geometry? And is it welded together straight? I say if you answered yes to all of these questions and your frame weighs under 6 pounds, buy the parts you NEED, and will capitalize on what ever it is you are trying to do. I would guess your trying to shave weight, and or may just have parts you are less than happy with. Try to multi-task with you purchases and buy stuff thats on sale with coupons if you can. L8

|

6/6/2008 8:52 AM

Replace parts when they break. The frame isn't the best ever but I'm sure it works for you for the time being.

|

I awarded myself infinite cool points. Breaking the rules has never been this cool... EVER! Forever.

6/6/2008 9:08 AM

mmiloou wrote:

parts then frame
that is what i did. Had a good size frame 20.75 and i wanted bigger bars and lighter wheels
Any ways chossing a good frame is hard because you have to notice the difference in the geometry and stuff. I tried hella bike and i like the 75ht and a shorter back end, so i ordered a s3.5
dude get really good parts
dont buy intermiediate parts because you will end up changing them.
The fit am is a good bikeanyways

i say frame cause sometimes the parts that you just got won't fit the frame you want

|

6/6/2008 11:19 AM

i would get the parts

|

¡Odio patinadores!