Related:
Create New Tag
KyleGunz KyleGunz
6/5/2008 9:34 AM

ok so i have a fit am that i just bought about a month ago and ive already started to customize it. Im going to have enough money for a new frame in about a week or so. Should i just that money to continue to upgrade my bike or should I buy a better frame and put my parts on it and then go on with customization?

kylemcelligott.com

mmiloou mmiloou
6/5/2008 11:30 AM

parts then frame
that is what i did. Had a good size frame 20.75 and i wanted bigger bars and lighter wheels
Any ways chossing a good frame is hard because you have to notice the difference in the geometry and stuff. I tried hella bike and i like the 75ht and a shorter back end, so i ordered a s3.5
dude get really good parts
dont buy intermiediate parts because you will end up changing them.
The fit am is a good bikeanyways

riderofbmx4130 riderofbmx4130
6/5/2008 11:37 AM

frame then parts. unless the current frame is a mid bb and internal headset.

frame then parts so that when you buy a new headset or cranks the headset/bb isn't going to waste as soon as you update the frame.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

KyleGunz KyleGunz
6/5/2008 6:30 PM

so i should get a frame? The fit am dowsnt have an integrated headset

kylemcelligott.com

KyleGunz KyleGunz
6/5/2008 7:41 PM

anyone else?

kylemcelligott.com

lulu4bmx lulu4bmx
6/5/2008 7:43 PM

yea get the frame and put the parts into it then start customizing i think its a faster way to get a better pro custom bike

KyleGunz KyleGunz
6/5/2008 7:48 PM

okay cool thanks man

kylemcelligott.com

dave lawrence dave lawrence
6/5/2008 8:32 PM

I would rock the parts first, you may just love your setup with some new parts

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

04wildman 04wildman
6/5/2008 8:48 PM

I got a question dude. Is your frame 100 percent chromoly? Do you like the geometry? And is it welded together straight? I say if you answered yes to all of these questions and your frame weighs under 6 pounds, buy the parts you NEED, and will capitalize on what ever it is you are trying to do. I would guess your trying to shave weight, and or may just have parts you are less than happy with. Try to multi-task with you purchases and buy stuff thats on sale with coupons if you can. L8

streetcrime streetcrime
6/6/2008 8:52 AM

Replace parts when they break. The frame isn't the best ever but I'm sure it works for you for the time being.

I awarded myself infinite cool points. Breaking the rules has never been this cool... EVER! Forever.

nagib5000 nagib5000
6/6/2008 9:08 AM
mmiloou wrote:

parts then frame
that is ...more

i say frame cause sometimes the parts that you just got won't fit the frame you want

FIT-4-LIFE FIT-4-LIFE
6/6/2008 11:19 AM

i would get the parts

¡Odio patinadores!

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP