advice for beginners

Related:
Create New Tag

4/2/2013 6:24 AM

ive rided for a month or two and i can only bunny hop, 180 out of a qauter and wheelie and i really don't no what to do next because barspins and stuff look impossible. help!

|

4/2/2013 6:26 AM

Go buy a scooter. BMX is gay.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

4/2/2013 6:32 AM

Mikel8149 wrote:

NO, i dunno man just flow and see what you like to do, im learning 360's now and its takin a while lol. try learning disasters or something like that, or grab some pegs and grind

|

Bruh

4/2/2013 6:33 AM

I've been riding for 2 years. It took me 1 year to 180, half a year to drop in and I still can't 360. Dw just have fun with it.

|

4/2/2013 6:36 AM

also, welcome to vital bud

|

Bruh

4/2/2013 10:27 AM

brianoob wrote:

I've been riding for 2 years. It took me 1 year to 180, half a year to drop in and I still can't 360. Dw just have fun with it.

You made your vital account a year before you started riding.

|

Jade Bike Check
Refs : ninjacat33 ; SuperstarDk ; ecuadevil ; xbikeascammer ;blizzbikes ; tcbmx ; mattjmuldoon@hotmail ;bmx ; Uoykcuf ; BrokenBmx, the balt; Pavimo; bmx-junkie; Fit.Team.Rider' tito24; trentydoo; brendan.magner.9 ;Scramhype ; Jonathan.Vargas ; jared42069; tomdon ; lifeofridden2200; howlerfbm

4/2/2013 10:32 AM

Put some pegs on and learn how to grind.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/2/2013 10:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/2/2013 10:47 AM

brianoob wrote:

dream wrote:

You made your vital account a year before you started riding.

I did 2 years before I really did...

EDIT: like a year and 3/4

|

MY SEXY BIKE CHECK!

sunny.jomofo, even more of a bitch than Dane wild!

if you need to talk to me text me 1-734-301-6545

on the legit list

35+ clean refs

4/2/2013 11:30 AM

andyferly wrote:

Put some pegs on and learn how to grind.

This! I did this and now all I want to do is feeble everything when I go to a new park.

|

Smitten In The Mitten

My Whip:

2013 Sunday Funday Aaron Ross Pro "

Ride For:

42North, Run Jelly Pandas, Michigan Local

4/2/2013 11:31 AM

Mikel8149 wrote:

This. Fuck bmx.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

4/2/2013 11:32 AM

brianoob wrote:

This.... I'm going on 2 years and for a year or so the only thing I could do was bunny hop =P Damn good at it towink Recently I've learned wall rides getting my 180s dialed footjam tailwhips dialed and going on to barspins =P Just do what you want all good stuff =P

|

4/2/2013 9:13 PM

Have fun with bmxing, whenever you get out on your bike just do what is fun, The way i learned tricks was hanging out with other bikers and just learning everything off them. And when you are trying new tricks and you have a funny feeling don't do it. Thats how i broke my wrist lol

|

4/2/2013 11:20 PM

Truck off a roof. Thats always fun.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/3/2013 7:58 AM

Hey man, thats not bad just ride a lot (every day!) like i do and try stuff. I dont really have an exact date i started riding. i rode bikes all my life and got a really good feel for it. so when i started actually doing just bmx, was about this time last year my friend came down and i thought it was the sickest thing ever when i saw him do tricks. i learned 180s in a month, 360s in a summer, and hops just came to me after watching my friend ride. he told me "pull up and push out and jump!" so i tried it and got it. manuals alwasy take a while to get comfortable, and one you finally get a feel for it you will know when to hump haha. i got wallrides in a week and good ones in like a month and a half (with pegs) and really what i recommend is to just have fun! focus on pushing yourself and riding with your friends. just ride as much as you can, set daily goals (it can even be as simple as get your bunnyhops a bit higher), and watch plenty of how tos so you know what to do, that always helps.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

4/3/2013 8:33 AM

put on pegs and try out grinding

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/3/2013 9:37 PM

I'm still getting the hang of grinds. I just started like a month ago and it hasn't good too well. I'm eager to try barspins but I'm a pussy. Same goes for footjam tailwhips. I just take out my jam foot, put it across,jam, and then kick the bike around, not like how people kick the bike and then hop into a footjam. I also wanna dial in my 180s. I still carve a ton and I land both wheels most of the time. It really does suck. I did a couple of 3 taps but I haven't tried "real" 3s yet.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

4/4/2013 7:58 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

I'm still getting the hang of grinds. I just started like a month ago and it hasn't good too well. I'm eager to try barspins but I'm a pussy. Same goes for footjam tailwhips. I just take out my jam foot, put it across,jam, and then kick the bike around, not like how people kick the bike and then hop into a footjam. I also wanna dial in my 180s. I still carve a ton and I land both wheels most of the time. It really does suck. I did a couple of 3 taps but I haven't tried "real" 3s yet.

Dude it seems like your problem is you don't commit enough.
Focus on something and do it till you land it, then try something else.
Once you land something new you'll be motivated to do more.

|

4/4/2013 10:59 AM

andyferly wrote:

Nah he's just scared alot from what his posts say. Ain't nothing wrong with being scared im scared 90-95% of the time when trying something new just gotta get through the fear. I try to think of what exactly it is im scared of doing then I go on and do it. I guess the trick to getting rid of fear is commitment so =P

|

4/4/2013 11:10 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

andyferly wrote:

Aav1996 wrote:

Nah he's just scared alot from what his posts say. Ain't nothing wrong with being scared im scared 90-95% of the time when trying something new just gotta get through the fear. I try to think of what exactly it is im scared of doing then I go on and do it. I guess the trick to getting rid of fear is commitment so =P

It's probably a mix of both, and yeah I know what you mean by scared of trying new shit.

|

4/4/2013 11:15 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

I'm on the same boat for bar spins i can get the bars around in the ground and I think i have the muscle memory it's just how do I go about hopping and doing the bar spins =P

|

4/4/2013 11:20 AM

this, i know how to spin and catch, the problem for me is throwing them cuz in my head its going to go horribly wrong

|

Bruh

4/4/2013 12:17 PM

Zach P-D wrote:

this, i know how to spin and catch, the problem for me is throwing them cuz in my head its going to go horribly wrong

lol yea I think I might go huck them today out on the concrete. I've tried them at my house in the living room but it's never really a hop it's more like lifting up the front tire throwing the bars and bailing the fuck out LOL I think I either lean to far back or I don't keep my head over the bars I seem to take my feet off my pedal as soon as I let the bars go..... Worst case scenario you fall wrong and break a bone or something.... I think I might bus drive the bars I think it looks cleaner or atleast feels cleaner O_o

What do you do when you go to throw them?
I've learned to throw them with my bike being on the ground rolling basically riding normally and I lean back (to remove the weight from the front tire) and throw my bars I can catch them like that 8 times out of 10 it's just the hop that scares me and throwing them in the air.

|

4/4/2013 12:17 PM

Zach P-D wrote:

That's why in BMX the best thing to do is think less do more.
It can either go good or bad, the only way to discover is doing it.

|

4/4/2013 12:31 PM

For every thing you want to do there are a million reasons not to do it..... Some quote I heard somewhere =P Although you gotta think about the consequences whether your gonna drop big or doing some flatland tricks. It's whether or not you really want to do it that'll get you through it.... Courage isn't the absence of fear, courage is overcoming fear.

|

4/4/2013 12:33 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

For every thing you want to do there are a million reasons not to do it..... Some quote I heard somewhere =P Although you gotta think about the consequences whether your gonna drop big or doing some flatland tricks. It's whether or not you really want to do it that'll get you through it.... Courage isn't the absence of fear, courage is overcoming fear.

This deserves a nobel.

|