alloy nipples

Related:
Create New Tag

3/5/2009 5:17 PM

are they worth it? why or why not?

|

3/5/2009 5:19 PM

yes and no
if you have an awsome setup that your not planning on changing yes, and theyll save weight.
but if you change thing every ones in awhile then youll have to buy new nipples each time, (and my freind briks like 9 in one day)

|

3/5/2009 5:20 PM

he broke 9?

|

3/5/2009 5:23 PM

ive never broke one, ive stripped a few out.

|

3/5/2009 5:27 PM

it says they save 45 grams per wheel. thats like 1.5 ounces i think? thats like nothing. whats stronger?

|

3/5/2009 5:29 PM

hey my phone died... if the MO doesnt get there soon i will send another.. moval post office looses a bunch of shit

and alloy nipples strip really easy

|

My refs ?... Nigga just ask about me

3/5/2009 5:32 PM

yeah today i got one from someone who shipped out a few days after you so i dont know. let me know if you send out or if you arent going to.

|

3/5/2009 5:40 PM

its rotational weight. so 1.5 is actually somthing. idk i like my wheels to be light. haha thats why my wheelset costs more then 3 or 4 frames hahahah

|

Vital's Official New Mod!

FOR SALE MUST CLICK!!!

3/5/2009 5:41 PM

abod wrote:

its rotational weight. so 1.5 is actually somthing. idk i like my wheels to be light. haha thats why my wheelset costs more then 3 or 4 frames hahahah

its still oz's tho i dout he will notice that much

|

3/5/2009 6:26 PM

Its dumb if you need a light bike to ride. I hate alloys. whenever i buy used wheels with alloy get rid of it. for one you cannot have your wheels perfectly trued because you cant tighten down alloy nips as hard as brass. and they stripp wayy to easy. ill blown em out a couple times.

|

3/5/2009 6:31 PM

abod wrote:

2funny4u wrote:

idk im a small kid so it works better if my bike is light too. the oz's do matter. and its just a general rule, well at least for me, get alloy nipples. lighter and stronger.

|

Vital's Official New Mod!

FOR SALE MUST CLICK!!!

3/5/2009 6:35 PM

not worth it

|

ridaz gotta ride

3/5/2009 6:58 PM

abod wrote:

2funny4u wrote:

abod wrote:

idk im a small kid so it works better if my bike is light too. the oz's do matter. and its just a general rule, well at least for me, get alloy nipples. lighter and stronger.

Wroonngggg about them being stronger. sorry they are just a way for bmx companies to make money. look at any pros bike. no alloy spokes. why? They are way to much of a hassle to even bother with. they are for kids who like to have the coolest looking bikes out there but dont know how to ride.

|

3/5/2009 7:00 PM

2funny4u wrote:

abod wrote:

Bmxican406 wrote:

Wroonngggg about them being stronger. sorry they are just a way for bmx companies to make money. look at any pros bike. no alloy spokes. why? They are way to much of a hassle to even bother with. they are for kids who like to have the coolest looking bikes out there but dont know how to ride.

i thought we were talking about nipples, not spokes

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

3/5/2009 7:16 PM

im like 180 and i have them on the front

|

3/5/2009 7:20 PM

abod wrote:

2funny4u wrote:

abod wrote:

mmm maybe

i run four pegs, four peice bars.. haha weight isnt really a major thing for me... well maybe being 6'2 has something to do with it

|