am i the only one?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/2/2014 6:03 PM

am i the only one that gets dissapointed when they see that a frame has an integrated seat post clamp? i like the little extra bit of customization that you get when you buy a seat post clamp

|

3/2/2014 6:20 PM

I dont like it either, ruins the frame for me

|

3/2/2014 6:22 PM

Nah. It's the one thing I don't like about my Barcode. Separate clamps work a bit better.

|

3/2/2014 6:34 PM

I hate frames without integrated seatclamps. Why waste your money on a flimsy little piece like that.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/2/2014 6:50 PM

I got an Wrap Around Clamp on My Custom FBM & It was the single biggest mistake I have EVER made when it comes to BMX Products! It looks FAN TASTIC! BUT, I stripped the 4mm!!! FOUR MILLIMETER!!! Bolt for the second time a few weeks back & I'm honestly contemplating cutting the whole Fucking thing off & running a Wedge Post! When they use 6mm Chromoly Bolts then You're all good! 4mms Alloy Bolt = EEEEEERRRRRRRR!!!! MISTAKE!!!

I'm working on something new, basically I need a Bike that will be more comfortable for Me to Ride, Something that adjusts My body posture whilst Riding. O.K It has an Integrated Clamp, but I WILL be buying a Tree 6mm Chromoly Bolt/Nut for it!

There are some GREAT Clamps out there atm, the Animal JD Clamp is brilliant! I have one currently on a Flatland Bike but I bought it for My Back Up Frame & it's AWESOME! Chromoly 6mm Bolt, Looks Awesome! Whats not to love?!

If I am ever to get a Custom Frame again, It will either have an Integrated Pivotal Base or a Regular Slot. If I have the choice, there will NOT be an Integrated Clamp!

|

3/2/2014 6:56 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I hate frames without integrated seatclamps. Why waste your money on a flimsy little piece like that.

Because it increases clamping power. On my old frame with an integrated post I had to put layers of tape around my post to prevent the post from sliding down.

|

3/2/2014 7:35 PM

Wow, I kept thinking integrated seat clamps were better. Guess not.. I kinda doubted them too cause I always tighten the shit outta my seat clamps. I've always had the 4mm bolts until I found one with a 6mm bolt and I switched my bolts around.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

3/2/2014 7:40 PM

I'll never go back to non integrated the hidden clamp on my guerra martyr frame works awsome and I got integrated clamp on my ltf it works awsome ......if you have the proper size Allen keys and know how to use them you will never have a problem

|

3/2/2014 8:00 PM

well I dont like them cuz if the threading gets stripped, you have to hack saw it off or try and clean the threading up

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

3/2/2014 8:03 PM

Topsey wrote:

I got an Wrap Around Clamp on My Custom FBM & It was the single biggest mistake I have EVER made when it comes to BMX ...more

Leaving it to topsey to write a book on seatclamp stuff. I like my demolition clamp. It was dirt cheap and looks soooo good. Plus it works so yeah.

|

3/2/2014 8:06 PM

anybody ever use one of the quick release clamps to any greatness? I was just thinking it'd be nice to run your seat way high for commuting, and then drop it when you get off work for some fun

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

3/2/2014 8:08 PM

Like on mountain bikes those clamps are great for uphill

|

3/2/2014 8:16 PM

dkTechEthan wrote:

anybody ever use one of the quick release clamps to any greatness? I was just thinking it'd be nice to run your seat way high ...more

I love them. They work pretty well too.

|

3/2/2014 8:37 PM

Dont see how you guys have any problems with them, I've had one on all my frames and i see no difference in the way it hold thr seat, hell on my current one im using some random allen bolt and a nut to hold my seat on and have had no problems with it

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

3/2/2014 8:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/2/2014 8:57 PM

I have one on my stranger and i don't really care for it. The ones like S&M use might be fine since they're more like a welded on seat clamp, but the ones on my frame are just the two little tabs welded on the back of the seat tube. I have problems with my seat lowering all the time and every now and then it will move to the left or right, also cranking down on two little welded on tabs sketches me out.

|

3/2/2014 9:27 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

Dont see how you guys have any problems with them, I've had one on all my frames and i see no difference in the way it hold ...more

Separate clamps spread the clamping force around the entire seat post, whereas integrated clamps only clamp the rear of the post. Not like integrated will give you tons of problems but I still prefer separate clamps.

|

3/2/2014 10:11 PM

I supposedly had an integrated clamp on my 2010 WTP Envy frame, but it looked conventional/non-integrated. I gave it a few smacks with a rubber mallet and it came off. I'm now running a "regular" clamp. CSB or what? LOL!!! I thought integrated meant it was built right into the frame.

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

3/3/2014 1:09 AM

I personally haven't had a frame that had it, but I can see the benefits of both

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

3/3/2014 1:20 AM

I dont really care about that.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/3/2014 6:36 AM

I have one frame with a regular seat clamp and one integrated. There both cool.Photo

Photo

|

IG: therealclintvessey

{\_/}
( • .•)
/-🚲

3/3/2014 8:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/3/2014 8:43 AM

Only on vital would riders bitch about some minuscule thing like seat clamps.....pansies

|

3/3/2014 10:34 AM

So what

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/3/2014 12:25 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Only on vital would riders bitch about some minuscule thing like seat clamps.....pansies

why thank you, im not saying it is worse, im just saying i like the added customization and personalizing, that comes with having a separate clamp

|

3/3/2014 12:38 PM

Only one i will never like is the stupid guerra internal spy clamp. Thing doesnt work that great and is a weak spot. Never had any trouble with anything else.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

3/3/2014 12:43 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Sorry I like to have my bike working the best I can. In the future I will be sure to accept a bike that doesn't work as well as it could just so it could satisfy you.

Also, you've clearly never gone to Bikeguide. No surprise there, though. You probably couldn't understand one sentence of anything anybody there says.

|