an idea

Related:
Create New Tag

5/26/2009 5:23 PM

okay so what if bike companies started making blank parts, like parts with no paint just as a frame so you can just paint it yourself. i mean they should make it so you can still buy painted parts but so theres the option of raawed parts. idk i thought that it waould save quite a bit of time and money what do you think?

|

5/26/2009 5:26 PM

that would be ok

|

why FLY when you can RIDE?

SAVE A TREE, RIDE A BIKE!
START A NEW TREND AND WEAR A HELMET!!!!!!!!!!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

☻/
/▌
/ \ http://www.youtube.com/user/Balleristic31

5/26/2009 5:27 PM

ummmm, they do sell raw

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

5/26/2009 5:28 PM

they do?

|

5/26/2009 5:28 PM

my idea would be to call up any company and ask them that. therefore they can laugh at you and tell you they already do that.

|

Custom printed tees and decals! 716-708-5264

5/26/2009 5:30 PM

yea but the raw they sell is clear coated

|

why FLY when you can RIDE?

SAVE A TREE, RIDE A BIKE!
START A NEW TREND AND WEAR A HELMET!!!!!!!!!!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

☻/
/▌
/ \ http://www.youtube.com/user/Balleristic31

5/26/2009 5:30 PM

uhm okay way to be a dick

|

5/26/2009 5:33 PM

Balleristc$$$ wrote:

yeah? they cant sell them without clearcoat. As soon as it leaves the shop and gets moisture on it, its rusted
plus, why would you want to paint the parts? 9/10 times when you do a paintjob yourself, it looks like shit, unless you can get it powdercoated
if you really want to though, buy whatever color and buy a can of $8 paint stripper from walmart and there you go

|

5/26/2009 5:36 PM

you can get an fbm custom frame unpainted

|

5/26/2009 5:41 PM

Ressler711 wrote:

yeah? they cant sell them without clearcoat. As soon as it leaves the shop and gets moisture on it, its rusted
plus, why would you want to paint the parts? 9/10 times when you do a paintjob yourself, it looks like shit, unless you can get it powdercoated
if you really want to though, buy whatever color and buy a can of $8 paint stripper from walmart and there you go

they would put oil or lubricant on it so it doesn't rust
and mostly everyone repaints there bikes so i was just thinking that this would help

|

5/26/2009 6:01 PM

just buy a part in the color u want

|

i done did got a federal now

5/26/2009 6:05 PM

Balleristc$$$ wrote:

Ressler711 wrote:

mckell wrote:

they would put oil or lubricant on it so it doesn't rust
and mostly everyone repaints there bikes so i was just thinking that this would help

its not going to work, itd come off of a raw frame
just air contact will rust something thats raw
plus lubricants would be messy, i dont want to pick up my new frame and have oil all over it

|

5/26/2009 6:14 PM

Balleristc$$$ wrote:

Ressler711 wrote:

yeah 8 dollar paint stripper doesnt take off professional powder coat

|

5/26/2009 6:14 PM

i think thats dumb

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

5/26/2009 6:19 PM

kylea1 wrote:

actually it will

|

5/26/2009 6:26 PM

Ressler711 wrote:

kylea1 wrote:

mike245 wrote:

actually it will

Yea. It doesn't matter how pro the paint job is. It doesn't make them invincible against sodium hydroxide or methylene chloride found in a lot of aircraft grade paint strippers.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.

5/26/2009 6:31 PM

Balleristc$$$ wrote:

Ressler711 wrote:

kylea1 wrote:

if its aircraft stripper, it will

|