antigram or BTR?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/16/2014 12:16 PM

i want a hub i can use on dirt and street and one that can take a beating and definitely wont break. which one?

|

9/16/2014 12:22 PM

Your good with either.

|

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. (Ecclesiastes 12:7 KJV)
Sold to: storeboughtchild,Maximusbikes,cro tec,Showtime402,Kevinbrock338,dktechethan,Robinson79
Traded: livefreeordie2332(x2), Aebasher.
TXT Me (480)340-7551

9/16/2014 12:33 PM

Antigram would definitely be the better choice.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

9/16/2014 12:54 PM

Theyre both the same for the most part. Same bearings, axle diameter, and bolts. The Shadow has higher engagement which would suit better for trails. The antigram has pretty sluggish engagement imo.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

9/16/2014 1:06 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Theyre both the same for the most part. Same bearings, axle diameter, and bolts. The Shadow has higher engagement which would ...more

I haven't ridden a BTR but the engagement should be around the same. All 4 pawls on the BTR engage simultaneously, and all 3 pawls on the Antigram engage simultaneously. So the BTR might just be a little bit faster, but it probably wouldn't be noticeable. Most 4 pawl hubs only engage faster because 2 pawls engage while the other two wait to engage.

Also, the Antigram has a much better driver overall. It's like an improved Ratchet. Better tooth profile and awesome needle bearing internals, which are much much better than bushings.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

9/16/2014 1:12 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Theyre both the same for the most part. Same bearings, axle diameter, and bolts. The Shadow has higher engagement which would ...more

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I haven't ridden a BTR but the engagement should be around the same. All 4 pawls on the BTR engage simultaneously, and all 3 ...more

BTR engages identically to a Raptor which engages very similarly to a Primo/Cult.

But i dont see a problem with bushings. I know many people who run bushing drivers and can do everything on them that they could do with a bearing driver. Including crankflips. And if im not mistaken, bushings should also last longer(?).

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

9/16/2014 1:37 PM

i think im gunna go for the shadow btr

|

9/16/2014 3:34 PM

greggbmx wrote:

i think im gunna go for the shadow btr

Expect a rough, slow spinning driver. Not trying to discourage you from buying it, it's just going to happen if you get a hub with bushings rather than needle bearings.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

9/16/2014 3:51 PM

Btr forsure , coming from a guy who rode 3 oddysey hazard hubs and each one of them where shit, pawls and springs would last me about 4 months I will never run an oddysey hub again

|

9/16/2014 3:54 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Btr forsure , coming from a guy who rode 3 oddysey hazard hubs and each one of them where shit, pawls and springs would last ...more

Hazard hubs aren't even close to the Antigram. The Antigram is much, much more similar to the Ratchet. In fact, it should have a better driver than the Ratchet.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

9/16/2014 3:54 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Btr forsure , coming from a guy who rode 3 oddysey hazard hubs and each one of them where shit, pawls and springs would last ...more

Inb4 ohihoe chews your ass out

|

9/16/2014 3:55 PM

FUCK I DIDN'T MAKE IT INB4

|

9/16/2014 4:03 PM

Shadow hub > oddysey hub any day

|

9/16/2014 4:32 PM

Doesn't the antigram come with needle and sealed ball bearings? Both seem to be great hubs, but I'd go with ohian who's knowledge on this is higher than the rest here it seems. And why do people keep bringing up the hazard. That was then, this is a NEW hub. Not like it's the same fucking thing.

|

9/16/2014 4:37 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Doesn't the antigram come with needle and sealed ball bearings? Both seem to be great hubs, but I'd go with ohian who's ...more

Yes we should all buy our parts based off ohioans opinions.

|

9/16/2014 4:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/16/2014 5:01 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Doesn't the antigram come with needle and sealed ball bearings? Both seem to be great hubs, but I'd go with ohian who's ...more

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Yes we should all buy our parts based off ohioans opinions.

Well he's giving TRUE facts that ultimately prove the odyssey is better, and if that doesn't convince you, that makes my brain sad. It's almost like a science paper.
Question: which is a better hub? Odsy or shdw?
Experiment/testing/comparison: *insert hub specifics here*
Observations: the odsy hub is stronger and both have relatively similar engagement
Conclusion: the odsy hub is better

That's basically how it goes. Not riding his dick, but seeing how facts and such are ruled out by personal beliefs. "Cough cough *religion* cough cough"
(Jk, sorta)

|

9/16/2014 5:00 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Well he's giving TRUE facts that ultimately prove the odyssey is better, and if that doesn't convince you, that makes my brain ...more

He stated his opinion on bushing drivers. Its not a fact at all.
I dont know why you believe he is god. Not everything he says is true or a fact.

|

9/16/2014 5:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/16/2014 5:23 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

He stated his opinion on bushing drivers. Its not a fact at all.
I dont know why you believe he is god. Not everything he ...more

I didn't state an opinion, it was more of a fact. Bushing drivers will be slower and rougher and overall less efficient. That's just how they work. I post a lot of bullshit here for the lols but most of the time I give newer guys legit advice.

Like I've said before, I'm not trying to force anyone to buy parts, I'm just saying what parts I think will be better based on knowledge and experience. For example, needle bearings are going to work out better than bushings. This is a fact. But some people might have no problem with bushing drivers.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

9/16/2014 5:35 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I didn't state an opinion, it was more of a fact. Bushing drivers will be slower and rougher and overall less efficient. ...more

I have yet to see, ride, or work on a bushing driver hub that didn't spin freely when set up to a drive train. When off the bike, you could feel the difference. With the weight of the rest of the drive train, it would crank flip just as easily as my needle bearing set up and pedaled even smoother than most set ups (including my own.)

Im aware you purchased a defective bushing driver hub, but to base your so-called "facts" off of it and label them so isn't very right. Just my 2 cents.

|

9/16/2014 7:48 PM

Well for one a bushing driver wears unevenly, between chain tension and pedal pressyre it will wear ovally, although it will take a fair while.

The beauty of a needle roller bearing is the pressure is spread over a large surface area, meaning that chain tension will not blow it out, any damage that does occur to them they are off the shelf bearings, bushings arent.

The antigram is virtually a slimmed down ratchet, same driver configuration, 17mm axle and oversize bearings.

|

9/16/2014 9:30 PM

I love shadow hubs but different sized flanges is stupid imo

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

9/16/2014 9:39 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I have yet to see, ride, or work on a bushing driver hub that didn't spin freely when set up to a drive train. When off the ...more

I'm not basing my facts off a defect. I'm basing my facts off facts. My defective hub was more stiff and rough than a normal bushing driver. But a bushing driver will still be rougher, slower, and less efficient. Like I said, some people will be okay with a bushing driver and some might not even notice a difference. But these are facts.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

9/17/2014 4:03 AM

Bsd pro hubs seem legit idk about shadow and I already know the antigram isn't that great

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

9/17/2014 4:31 AM

I already just ordered the BSD pros haha

|

9/17/2014 5:56 AM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Bsd pro hubs seem legit idk about shadow and I already know the antigram isn't that great

Facts that antigram isnt "that great"?

P.S. it doesn't say anywhere in the bible that jesus went to hell, looks like your "facts" aren't "that great"

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher